1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Midday Sun Makes Radio/GPS Touch Screen Nearly Impossible to View

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by rebelbuc, May 14, 2012.

1. May 14, 2012 at 9:15 AM
    rebelbuc

rebelbuc [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SE Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver Streak Mica TRD Double Cab
    I have an issue that I haven't seen discussed in the forums. My 2012 Tacoma has the Entune radio and GPS combination. I have no compaints about the electronics so far - I'm enjoying the 6" touch screen although I rarely use the GPS. However, when driving around the midday hours (especially between 10am and 2pm) I am finding that the overhead sun tends to drop straight down through the windshield and makes the touch screen nearly impossible to view. All it would take would be for Toyota (or an aftermarket company) to design a very small sun shield or louver (possibly only 2" deep) to block the overhead sun. It woud look something like the spoiler on the back of a Lexus (see pic). I haven't figured out a way to add such a shield to the perimeter of the touch screen in an attractive way.

Any ideas... or similar issues?

2011-Lexus-RX-350-Pictures.jpg

2. May 14, 2012 at 10:58 AM
    newphoto

newphoto Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2012 V6 4WD Double Cab
    I agree about the issue. I have the same setup and it is impossible to see in the sunlight. I also don't care for the wat it dims out when I turn the headlights on. Don't know about a solution.

Products Discussed in

To Top