1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Might buy this tomorrow..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RhodeIsland4x4, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Jun 11, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    RhodeIsland4x4

RhodeIsland4x4 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ok just got the reply:

Hi Matthew,

I really wish we could accept, but I brought the offer straight to my manager, Bruce. He is our GM. And honestly, if we could we would.

Thank you for sending the link. I had checked directly with service and they accessed the Toyota data base by vehicle ID #-not showing a recall.

Please let me know if you reconsider or perhaps would even like to test drive just to see if it's the right vehicle for you!

Again, thank you, and if you do come by please let me know. Just for test driving with us we do offer a free $25.00 dunkin donuts card. No obligation to purchase from us...but our way of saying thank you just for the chance to serve you!

Kind regards,

Barbara

So how should I proceed? They will not budge :( Should I reply and say thanks anyway give me a ring if you change your minds or if the truck sits for another 3 months?

2. Jun 11, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    RhodeIsland4x4

Member:
    Thanks for the input Beavis, sounds logical. I'm just going to write her back and tell her I appreciate her taking the time to try and get me a deal. And if they change their minds and want to come down on the price to give me a call otherwise I'll continue to shop else where.

3. Jun 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    If you are willing to pay 23K then tell them that is as high as you will go, give them your number (I'm sure they have it) and walk away. Give them a few days and see if they don't call you and accept your offer. If it has been on the lot 8 months like you say then they probably want to get rid of it so just be patient and see if they call back and take your offer. If they don't call back then it wasn't meant to be and you'll find something else. Thats what my brother did just last week. He traded his 4runner in and they offered him 2,500 on it and he said either you give me $500 more on the 4runner or you take it off the price of the truck, they didn't want to at first but he was patient and they decided to take his offer. If they truly wanna get rid of it they will stew on it and should call you back.

4. Jun 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    RhodeIsland4x4

Member:
    This is what I sent her:

Hey Barbara,

Thank you for taking the time and trying to get me a deal I appreciate it. I guess I'm going to keep shopping around. I honestly can't afford to pay more than that with my budget. If your GM changes his mind and you guys are willing to drop the price feel free to give me a call and hopefully I haven't found something already.

Here is my personal cell# 1(401) ***-****

Products Discussed in

To Top