1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Miles

Discussion in 'Towing' started by flyguy51, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Oct 7, 2011 at 5:46 PM
    flyguy51

flyguy51 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 6L SR5
    I just got back from my trip to BC and my Taco (2010 double cab with V6 and auto transmission) just keeps blowing my mind. I towed my boat, a 17.9 foot Lowe with 130 Honda Motor weighing approx. 2700 lbs., without any problems. It's a little over 1800 miles one way and even with the long halls up mountains my little truck just kept cranking. In the first 2 days of the trip I logged over 1000 miles from Flagstaff AZ to Missoula MT. The total trip was 4859.5 miles of which over 3800 were towing the boat. I also backed into a ditch and had the truck resting on the frame in front of the back wheels. Put it in 4 Low and got out just fine. Any way I just can't believe what a capable truck it is and it just keeps surprising me with the stuff it will do.

There were a few times that I got worried about the transmission overheating while going over some mountains which just kept going up and up. It did hunt for gears even though I had the OD locked out. Maybe I just need to slow down some and enjoy the scenery some. Does anyone know if there are any really good tranny fluid coolers on the market?

2. Oct 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)

Tow packages FTMFW! love them tranny coolers! i towed a 3500lb boat up to the high sieras from basically 1000ft to aproximately 7800ft in elevation. Was a pretty crazy climb but truck pulled it up the hill flawlessly:D

3. Oct 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM
    flyguy51

flyguy51 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 6L SR5
    My Tacoma does have a tow package so does it have a tranny cooler already in addition to the oil cooler?

4. Oct 9, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Supercharged Lifter

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D60 F/R Supercharged
    Supercharged on One Tons
    Correct

5. Oct 9, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    Damm...that's alot of miles towing your boat. What kind of bearing lubrication system does your trailer have?

6. Oct 11, 2011 at 6:59 PM
    flyguy51

flyguy51 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4 6L SR5
    My trailer just has bearing buddies on it. I had the boat and trailer serviced just before I left for BC.

Products Discussed in

To Top