1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Military police??

Discussion in 'Military' started by bgdeer1, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Mar 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM
    MyYota05

MyYota05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Muskogee, Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2005 Toyota Prerunner w/ TRD Offroad Pkg.
    3'' Lift Kit, Bed Rug Liner, Black Rims

:ohsnap:

2. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM
    TTGuy711

TTGuy711 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Just got it, so none yet.
    Taco Gunner pm sent. I have some questions about cross training and it seems you know what you're talking about.

3. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    To the OP. Sorry your thread got jacked but we can't sit here and let things like this go by unchecked. We like hunting trolls.

If you decide to join the military, regardless of the branch, you to will understand.

To answer the question in your original post, being an MP or SP can do a lot for you if you make the most of it. I was a Marine MP and took advantage of any training I could get. There are many PRO's as well as CON's. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to send me a PM.

4. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Marysville, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    It looks like that guy got tired of making up things to back up his BS.

OP, when/if you decide to join make sure you take advantage of the education side and try to get a criminal justice based degree. That with your military experience will help you out a lot on the outside to get a job in law enforcement.

5. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM
    Zanamoe

Zanamoe Future ruler of the world!

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Off-Road Only
    3" Pro Comp lift kit, Moto Metal black wheels, Pro Comp. Xtreme TA tires, Cobra CB radio with PA, custom rear light bar, rear tailgater deterrent lights, desert whip mount, tinted windows, black headlight mod and blacked fog lights, GrillCraft black mesh grill, Tacoma bed mat, extra d-ring mod, behind grill light bar, hid 700ff Hellas, blacked emblems, Maglite mount, flipped spare, fogs anytime, washable cabin air filter, AFE pro dry airfilter, Redline hood struts, led interior lights, Magnaflow muffler, 18" Stubby antenna
    As far as this goes I know being a Marine when I see people claiming to be part of my beloved corp.; we don't take very kindly to that. If you never earned the title to claim, you can be proud of it but don't disrespect those that did earn their titles. I fought for my title as a Marine! Semper Fi

6. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    No PM received. If it is about crosstraining into Pararecue or Combat Control, there are much better people to ask.

BUT...as a Brigadier General Admiral Chief Master Colonel Commander in the United States Special Warfare Operations Detachment B of the Extra Special Clandestine Super Secret Squirrel Brigade Department attached to the We Blow Shit Up and Kill People Operations Section of the Intergalactic Death Squad Commando Strike Force Platoon, I can answer any and all questions relating to Special Operations in the military. (By the way, it says all that on my T-shirt.)

After a few years of doing this, I got bored and became a bagger at the Naval Exchange on Wake Island. I am that badass.

7. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:21 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    :bowdown::bowdown:

8. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:22 PM
    Flynn Diesel

Flynn Diesel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    •BFG AT KO 285/70/17, XD Addict 17x9, Light Racing UCA’s, Billstein 5100’s, OME 885’s, Toytec AAL, Seat Belt warning disable, Grill Craft Black MX Upper & Lower Grill, VisionX 55/65 watt xenon Low/High Beam lights. FOG Light only Mod. Tailgate theft prevention mod. Wet Okole armrest mod. Redline Hood Struts, Weathertech floor liners. AMP Bed Extender. Wet Okole Seat Covers. Pioneer P4200DVD
    ^ Who are you trying to fool? We all know there was no Detachment B.

9. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:25 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    Here's your recruiting poster! :D
    [​IMG]

10. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM
    Taco Gunner

Taco Gunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2006 Access Cab TRD Offroad
    Did I say Det B...I actually meant room 2. Sorry. My bad. For correcting me, expect to be killed by a remote control pecker gnat that will terrorize your gonads until you end it all. I developed it while in Room 3 of the Operations Coordination Central Command Center for the Development of Cool Military Spy Shit and Stuff.

By the way, the drug Charlie Sheen is on...is actually called "Charlie Sheen". I developed that one too. So now who is crazy?

11. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    Nate7747

Nate7747 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathan
    Anchorage, AK
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Sport
    3" rough country lift, Black emblems, blacked out headlights, custom grill with grillcraft mesh grill and a FJ TOYOTA emblem, 130 watt KC off-road lights behind the grill, aFe CAI, Flowmaster 44 cat back dual exhaust, Pioneer 60wt amp, 10" sub, component speakers, and 7" touchscreen head unit, N-Fab steps coated with Rhino liner, studded 265/65R17 Hakka SUV tires for winter driving, new summer tires and wheels to come. Weather Tech floor mats.
    Holy shit! This is one of the most interesting threads I
    have read on here in a while.

OP-- I have been in the AF for 11 years and spent the first
    7 of it in Security Forces before I somehow got to cross train. I can honestly
    say that if you want law enforcement experience go somewhere else. If you want
    to get treated like crap and deal with dumb asses all day the SFS has plenty of
    that. The closest thing I ever got to law enforcement was when I was a customs
    inspector at Kadena (Okinawa) for three years and that was pure luck. Don’t get
    me wrong, I still love my SFS and would go back tomorrow if asked, but there
    are way better places for LE experience.

Taco Gunner-- Way to call out the troll! Too bad he stopped
    posting because I wanted to know what his Raven number is. I have my doubts
    that he ever wore The Blue Beret, or any beret for that matter. I have a few
    friends that are Ravens and I can find him out real quick if he is full of
    shit. And really who the hell can’t remember their instructor’s names??

12. Mar 4, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    [​IMG]

Taco Gunner....doin work. :fenforcer:

13. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    Now that's some funny shit.

14. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    ToucanV13

ToucanV13 You think I was rollin out here naked?

Member:
    San Diego and Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Infideled out TRD Sport 4X4
    285/70 Hankook AT-M, Window vents, TRD CAI, TRD Cat-back exhaust with WickedFlow can, AFE Throttle Body Spacer, Billy 5100 @ 2.5 and 1" block rear, RBP nerf bars, Halo HIDs, 20% tint up front
    So much win! I was literally short of breath from laughing so hard. I didn't go through the: hold your breath for a 500ft free dive then kill a whale shark and drag him to land to harvest and make a shelter out of department.

Awesome how the T dub works. Would have loved to see big ol Matt meet this guy in person too

15. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:26 PM
    Mr. Brown

Mr. Brown Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    White Double Cab Off Road
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    Do not get a criminal justice degree. No offense WhiteTRD. The first reason is english, biology, sociology, language, or psychology are all just as accepted by departments and they all give a a boost over CJ degrees. Most departments will teach you all the LE stuff you will need to know. They are looking for what else you can bring to the table. The second reason is, hypothetically something happens to you and you are unable to become a law enforcement officer. You now have a useless degree. You don't have to listen to me here, ask a police recruiter or a career counselor. I heard it over and over again when I was looking.

16. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:28 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Suspensiopn: Donahoe coil overs, Donahoe rear reservoir shocks, Light Racing UCA's, Wheelers AAL's, Exterior: Powder-coated black billet grill, Hella Black Magic fog lights, color matched rear bumper, color matched side mirrors, undercover tonneau cover, Interior: Alpine W203 w/ Blackbird II, Weathertech Floor-liners, blue gauge light mod, Performance: AFE Stage II Intake, Banks exhaust, single cat y-pipe, Dynomat hood-liner, NST Performance pulleys, URD MAF calibrator
    I just noticed the op hasn't posted since the beginning of this thread. I wonder if he just gave up when all the shenanigans started?

17. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    I'll pistol whip the next person that says shenanigans!

18. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM
    Mr. Brown

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    Shenanigans?

19. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    KodiakToyTRD

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    [​IMG]

20. Mar 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM
    cakmakli

cakmakli Finally made it - U.S. Army Retired

Member:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    There is a difference. I've got no problem with anyone wearing hats, t-shirts, BDU / ACU pants etc. I only have a problem when you go complete uniform. Then you are representing yourself as someone you are not. It happens and it happens a lot.

http://www.pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies.htm

As for the emblems on here I feel they should be for people that have earned them. I support my local Police Department but I'm not going to put up a Lawman's Badge. When you see an emblem in someone's profile then the impressing is given that you have earned that emblem.

Anyone is free to put up any emblem they want on here. There is no emblem police to stop you. All I'm saying, in my old eyes, that it isn't a cool thing to do.

And Scot78 good luck on your Warrant Officer Packet. The Army Warrant Officer program (both Flight and Technical) is one of the best deals in the Army. In my last assignment I recruited Warrant Officers for the Army Reserve. If you have any questions about the program or in putting your packet together shot me a PM.

To Top