1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mimimum post requirements before starting new thread

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by NraFan, May 3, 2010.

1. May 4, 2010 at 5:37 AM
    NraFan

NraFan [OP] Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    Never figured this would get to three pages. I thought it would burn out within an hour. Dissapear into the masses. Oh well. I can see pros and cons to my idea. I think it might help stop some of the crap, but I can also see where someone new has some awesome tips. SO I guess when it's all said and done, everyone is welcome. Post away. I, and others, will just need to ignore the reposts and move on. Thanks for all the great info everyone.

2. May 4, 2010 at 5:51 AM
    BRP27

BRP27 When I grow up I want to be just like Me

Member:
    So far south in Texas my feet are in salt water
    Vehicle:
    04 4X4 Tacoma SR5
    3 in Ultimate ToyTec, set @ 2.5 in. AAL PINCH Weld Mod ( beat the pinch weld over inside the fender) Painted the pinch weld on bottom of cab Black Hi Lift Knock off
    What are we trying to fix? What is a clear problem statement?

I propose this is the problem statement:

Repeated Posts by numerous newbies about subjects that have been covered many times in the past that keeps the site from moving on to new and more complex problems.

If you agree with the problem statement what is the fix? How do you get newbies to use the search feature. Newbies " don't know what they don't know". How do they know to search on backspace if the have a question on buying rims? Every body wants the information quick and to the point and the search feature requires work. Posting a dumb question is much easier.

Can we improve the search feature? require tags on posts to make the info easier to retrieve? Can we improve on the FYI/DIY section by pulling info out of posts and putting it in the FYI/DIY section? This will require a lot of work.

I don't think that adding a minimum number of posts for newbies will solve anything except give the impresion that we are a bunch of Tacoma nerds :notsure::notsure: and newbies can't play until they get there posting dues paid.

To Top