1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mind of their own vibrations!

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 08pretaco, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Jan 25, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Ok so recently since installing camburg spindles and toytec coilovers on my 08 prerunner I have some weird vibs. It all started after getting an alignment.

So I can be driving then get to freeway cruising speeds of 60+ and get a steering wheel vibration. Thought it was balancing so I got my tires balanced. That didn't help cause I still have the vibrations.

While on the freeway the vibrations range from the sterring wheel to the floor ( I can feel it in my feet). Also take note that the vibrations aren't always going on. They are very spurratic yet very very often.

I have tightened things up numerous of times but have not yet gone back to the alignment shop to try to get it fixed, its on the list but I don't have time unfortunately until Saturday and would like to possibly fix this before then.

So I'm asking you guys what are some ideas or suggestions you guys have?!

Thanks,

Ollie

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    any sort of input? even if its wrong it gives me something to look into :)

3. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM
    EBBS03

EBBS03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Philadelphia, PA / Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma TRD 4X4 Off Road
    Stock
    Drive shaft?

4. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    thought about it and yes that might be it. i did make some driveshaft carrier drops and maybe need to back those off, re-adjust them, then tighten them back up.

will look into that but idk how a driveshaft would make vibrations between the steering wheel and floor :confused:

any other ideas??

5. Jan 29, 2010 at 1:26 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    Problem solved...I need new wheel bearings. Thanks guys, now to buy and install them soon

6. Jan 29, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    ttylerr

ttylerr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Fort McMurray, Alberta
    Vehicle:
    09 MGM 4Banger 4x4
    5% tint all around, Alpine IVA-W505, 16x8 Mojave Teflon Rims w/Hercules Terra Trac 265/75, Grillcraft Grill, Slimcubby HIDs, Front 5100's @ 0 w/Eibach 1.6" springs, URD Short Shifter, Extang Trifecta Tonneau Cover, Uniden Pro510XL and K30Mag Mount, Relentless Fab Bumper soon to come
    ...you need new wheel bearings already?

Products Discussed in

To Top