1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mini 14 questions

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by OU812, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Jan 8, 2009 at 4:24 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    supposed to be...

OP: could opt for a Mini-30 in 7.62x39...wish i would've instead of .223. i like the gun though. it's not meant to hit the apricot at 1000yds. get some hi cap mags for it and start hammering...should be plenty to get rid of some 'yotes. not nearly as menacing looking as a black rifle either.

you could take deer with it w/ the right ammo. TNT 55 grain hollows are something else if you havn't tried em.

2. Jan 8, 2009 at 5:44 AM
    OU812

OU812 [OP] ban the term murdered out

Member:
    First Name:
    danusa
    Kilroy was here
    Vehicle:
    13 DblCab LB 4X4
    Nothing yet, brand new!
    Who makes the mini-30? I've never heard of that one.. There is a big show up north this weekend I'm going to attend. Probably pick up something there since you guys have given me a bunch of helpful info. Thanks! :D
    The 'yotes were howling last night.:mad: Saw a bobcat crossing my road last night. I'm not really worried about those cats.
    I might pick up and AR-15 but I hear they are in really high demand now and prices have gone up.:(

3. Jan 8, 2009 at 6:15 AM
    HighPlains

HighPlains Well-Known Member

Member:
    A .223 is not even legal equipment in most states for taking deer. Beyond being legal, it is not ethical in my opinion either.

To stay on subject though, I've never seen a good mini-14. Remember the A-Team show from the 1980's? They had mini-14's on a lot of episodes, and they never hit anything.

4. Jan 8, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    luk8272

luk8272 Poodoo

Member:
    First Name:
    Lucas
    Southern Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    07 Silver4dr. 4x4, V6 Shortbed
    5% Tint, Bug flector, vent Visors, Removed secondary air filter, Rear Spring TSB w/ Wheeler's Add A Leaf HD Pack, Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Toytec 3" lift up front with Total Chaos UCA's, Debadged, Billet Grille,TRD Offroad rims/17x9 Pro comp 6001 rims, Duratracs 265/75/16 or 285/70/17, Fog light anytime mod, Tailgate hose clamp mod, Pro-dry AFE filter. Extended Differential Breather, ABS on/off, 6000k LEDs from CSJumper, heads/fogs, ScanguageII, Devil horns, Devil horns on third brake light, Mounted 60" Highlift, Mounted Tool Box, Wet Okole Front/Rear Seat Covers, TW sticker, Midland Handheld CB,Painted engine cover, Revenge Fab Sliders, ARE Topper, Weather tech Floorliners, Camper shell, ultimate headlight upgrade. URD -3° exhaust cam gears, .5" XTP Intake spacer. Custom dents.
    Good Point.

5. Jan 8, 2009 at 6:47 AM
    GGTaco

GGTaco Member

Member:
    Tbilisi Georgia FSU
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail
    None
    I like the black rifle myself and it is a lot more accurate than the Mini 14. Ruger makes a great firearm, I have 45 Ruger pistol, the 345 so I know first hand that Rugers are fine firearms, but I have 4 ARs in different calibers and again I know first hand that they can shoot rings around the Mini 14. Though I do not advocate it I know folks who have had very good success with .223 and other 22 centerfires on deer. I have 5.56, 6.5, 6.8 and a 22 rimfire AR and they are a joy to shoot.

6. Jan 8, 2009 at 8:29 AM
    Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Well-Known Member

Member:
    East of the Mississippi, South of the Ohio
    Vehicle:
    stump jumper
    modified for light trail use
    ar in 6.8 = yummy

Products Discussed in

To Top