1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mirror sub-assy parts for passenger side 2011?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hophornbeam, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Nov 23, 2011 at 5:27 AM
    Hophornbeam

Hophornbeam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Adamant, VT, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Double Cab SR5 longbed
    Hello all-

First post here bought my 2011 Double Cab 4wd SR5 in late September. Very pleased with this truck.

Clipped the stub of a tree that I could not see in the dark with my passenger side mirror. The glass broke and came off, and the "outer cowl" of the mirror is cracked and torn, but the "guts" of the mirror adjusting motor and the "plate" that the mirror gets "stuck to" are all completely intact.

Is it possible to buy just that outer mirror cover housing and the glass, without buying an entire mirror assembly- if so, can someone please provide me with part numbers and approximate price, as well as good places to order?

Also appreciate any tips as to whether I have to dismount the whole assembly in order to replace the cover? I found this thread on replacing the whole assembly, but it would be great if I don't have to dig that deep into things to replace the outer cover of the mirror assembly:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...r-antenna-2011-sr5.html?highlight=2011+mirror

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Nov 28, 2011 at 2:53 PM
    Hophornbeam

Hophornbeam [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trevor
    Adamant, VT, USA
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Double Cab SR5 longbed
    Thanks very much for the info- got sidetracked with Thanksgiving goings-on. Found a full OEM power mirror assembly for $139 on the 'net and so ordered that, just so I don't run into finding myself without some unforeseen sub-sub-assembly.

To Top