1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Miss my Tacoma...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tx_shooter, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Aug 9, 2010 at 5:54 PM
    tx_shooter

tx_shooter [OP] This place is a cesspool of bfo and spacer lifts

Member:
    Since my truck got rear ended a couple weeks ago (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2n...nded-today-making-first-payment-tomorrow.html), I turned it in to the body shop today to get it repaired. I was hoping for something decent as a rental vehicle - well I got screwed. I got stuck with a 2010 Dodge Dakota. Wow do they suck. The doors are heavy... The dash is blah... The radio sucks.... The steering wheel doesn't have the radio controls... The seats are weird... and it isn't near as good looking as a Taco!

I can't wait till my truck is done and back... four days to go.

2. Aug 9, 2010 at 5:57 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    You should sue for pain and suffering for having to drive that piece of shit.

3. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    be sure a drive that rental like u stole it!

4. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:42 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    Haha you did get screwed! Same thing happened to my mom she get rear ended and got a Pontiac Vibe to drive, total waste! Seats were so hard it wasn't even funny! And terrible gas mileage!

5. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Want to have some real fun in that Dakota? Sit in the cab and see how many interior trim pieces, dash knobs, etc. have wiggle and play.

Also, press on some of the hard plastic surfaces and see how easily they flex and how cheap they feel.

Chrysler products never cease to amaze me with how chintzy they are. The new Jeep Grand Cherokee seems to be a departure from that. Hopefully they'll continue the trend.

Your mom doesn't like Corollas?

6. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Hang in there bro, we'll get you through it. Hope your truck turns out perfect. Dodge, Chevy, and GMC have no excuse to be poor quaility now, they have all the tax payer bail out money in the world to be top notch. You can buy a GMC with nothing down and get financed for 72 dam months????? Sure why not, its our tax payer bail out money. Who does Washington think they are kidding??? Just loan the American public the bail out money to buy another new american car or truck interest free....... Its their money to begin with. Am I right?

Unfortuneately, the UAW will suck up all the money and the big three will peter out sooner than later. Thats just a short version of history. I hate it that I can't stand behind made in USA products. Greed and the unions in the US have taken over quaility. More money less quailty.......ok, donning flame suit now......sorry for the rant. Hell will freeze over before I rely on an American made vehicle. Been there done that, am not going back.

Taco4x4nc

7. Aug 9, 2010 at 6:46 PM
    Pope953

Pope953 That's a fact Jack!

Member:
    First Name:
    Wesley
    Asheville, NC
    Vehicle:
    SR5 Pickup
    35% up front, 20% in the back window tint, 15" Mickey Thompson bullet hole wheels, with 31x10.5 Firestone Destination A/T tires. Glass Pack, High Flow Cat, S&B CAI, Custom Light Bar with 4 fog lights. 2 10" Rockford Fosgate P2 subs with 1000 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp, CB.
    She used to drive one. 91 corolla 5 speed, but we recently upgraded her to a Camry.

8. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:16 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Well I called and complained that the Da-crapa smells like the inside of an ashtray. I'm not knocking smokers - I have been known to enjoy a smoke now and then, but not when I have to work out of my truck and I can hardly breathe in this thing. So - I called and complained, they said they were so sorry and had no idea :jerkoff: and said I could come swap it out tomorrow morning. I asked them what I would be getting instead - hoping I might get the new 2010 Frontier had in the back part of the parking lot - and they said a Chevy. Wow... talk about getting pissed on. Can't wait to get my truck back...

9. Aug 9, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    myname150

myname150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Awe damn bro. Hope your truck gets fixed soon :)

It sure does look like our trucks can take one hell of a beating before they die..Before the Tacoma i had a 2002-2003~ Dodge RAM 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi too! Only thing i miss about it is how much louder it is stock. The Tundra is too quiet lol.

10. Aug 22, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    tx_shooter

Member:
    Well - two weeks ago tomorrow I turned my truck into the "better" body shop in the area to get it repaired and back that Friday. Well - they were dumber than they thought and forgot to paint the tailgate. So that pushed it back to the next week. Then I went to pick it up last Tuesday - and the right rear fender flare was almost falling off because they didn't replace the plastic body grommets that hold it on. They had to order new ones..... So - I went in Thursday to pick it up after the head guy called me and apoligized for the delay. He said he looked the truck over personally and it was ready to go home. I got off of work early - get to the body shop and my damn fender flare has gaps all along where it should meet the body! Instead of following the contour of the bed skin it simply skips across the skin in and out! I asked him WTF!?!?! He said he thought it looked ok... ( I should of hit him... ) But he said they could contact the insurance company and see if they could agree to pay for a new fender flare... Friday they ordered it and maybe - hopefully - I'll get my Tacoma back Wednesday. I've been driving a damn Chevy Silver-crapo for the last two weeks and I'm about tired of driving a turd.

Lesson to the wise - get it in writing and go to a bigger body shop, they have more to loose if they screw you over.

11. Aug 22, 2010 at 1:23 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.

Matrix. You mean the matrix. And yes I have no idea what he's talking about. Technically my seats in my truck are super hard, but I like them firm.

12. Aug 22, 2010 at 3:14 PM
    drewskie

drewskie Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Burbank, CA.
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner 4 banger
    I think it's the design of the truck, maybe a flaw. Once the bedside/flare get misaligned for any reason, they never go back properly. i'm not sure why, but I have noticed this on lots of trucks.

13. Aug 22, 2010 at 3:36 PM
    Duff Man

Duff Man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    AEM CAI, Magnaflow exhaust, DT headers, all speakers replaced with (2) 10's and amp behind rear seats, color matched grill, grillcraft, projector headlights, 8000k HID's, DC Torque wheels, 3" Toytec lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks.
    X2

Products Discussed in

To Top