1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Missing Drivers For Toshiba With Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Cars0n`, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Nov 18, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    i installed windows 7 a few weeks ago and noticed my mic and keyboard music controls dont work. i think it is just drivers but i cant find what i need cuz i dont know where to look. i got a copy of windows 7 ultimate from my buddy so i dont have a windows 7 update disk that toshiba asks me for to get the drivers (insert disk to download program).

everything else works fine so i dont think i need toshiba's complete driver finding program anyways.

anyone know how i would go about finding this problem?

i have a toshiba laptop satellite L350 model PLSD8C-0LG01U

2. Nov 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    Call Toshiba Help Desk Support and they should send you a CD FOC.

3. Nov 18, 2009 at 2:50 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I have a dell and ran into the same problems. Had a bunch of stuff not work because the drivers did not install with the 7 upgrade. All I did was search on the internet. A lot of people have been having problems too. Just do a search for what you are missing and you will probably find the lost drivers.

4. Nov 18, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    i didnt get the update from them, therefore they wont just send me windows 7 for nothing. there update disk is the same one used to install drivers and windows 7.

and i did a bit of a search but i dont know what specific things im looking for or how to install it.

5. Nov 18, 2009 at 3:11 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15

What I did was I typed into google what was not working. Like my scroll on the mouse pad was not working. I typed "mouse pad scroll not working windows 7." It would take me a while but I eventually found the right drivers. Or you could type like"mic driver not working windows 7" This is just what worked for me. You just need to search. It is probably out there. Like I said this is just what has worked for me.

6. Nov 18, 2009 at 3:13 PM
    Cars0n`

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    yeah i found the problem. it was simple. it defaulted the 3.5mm jack instead of the internal one so yeah it works now, as for the keyboard controls, thats another isssue. but thanks :) ill use this advice to source out this problem next.

Products Discussed in

To Top