1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Missing engine parts?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by ChewbacaTW, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:40 AM
    ChewbacaTW

ChewbacaTW [OP] My progeny will be awesome!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sam
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    02 Xtra Cab TRD off road
    K&N air intake, custom exhaust, Powerslot Brakes, urethane steering rack bushings
    Hello all. I was doing some maintenance under the hood yesterday and noticed a couple of things that I thought were odd and I just wanted to make sure that my fears about them were unwarranted.

These pictures show things that look like they should have stuff connected to them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The first thing is a little aluminum tube that comes off of the firewall in front of the passenger seat. The only thing I can figure that it's for is to be a drain for the heater core... maybe. If not then am I missing a vacuum tube?

The second thing is a couple of bolt holes in the middle of the block right behind the power steering pump mount. And there are similar holes on the driver side.

My truck is the 3.4L V6 and has had 2 previous owners. I have no Idea what they may have done to it.

DSC00147Mod.jpg
    DSC00148Mod.jpg

2. Mar 11, 2011 at 8:50 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Thor

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    In the first pic, that hose should be connected. Check the vacuum diagram to see if everything is connected propperly. The second pic is fine.

To Top