1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mod Install Guidance

Discussion in 'North East' started by bojinns, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM
    bojinns

bojinns [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco TRD Sport
    AFE CAI | AFE Cat Back | URD MAF | ICON Stage I | Icon AAL
    TW Members;

Thanks for reading and for providing input.

I have just recently installed an AFE CAI and am seriously considering adding the following next:
    1. URD Cat Back Exhaust (welcome to other suggestions as well)
    2. URD MAF sensor calibrator (to take full advantage of the CAI and Exhaust Mods)

I was wondering (since I couldnt turn a wrench if my life depended on it); where do you all recommend I get the installs done: Dealer, Hi Tech Auto and Truck, another forum member (if possible; will pay; provide beer; etc); another service shop?

thanks again.

JB

2. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:36 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    Wher do you live?

3. Jul 28, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    bojinns

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco TRD Sport
    thanks for the response. I live in Northern Virginia; just outside DC.

4. Jul 28, 2012 at 8:15 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    There is a Tacoma meet in annapolis next weekend, check out the north east regional page. Also there are a great bunch of guys in your area that if you go to a mini meet I'm sure someone would be able to guide you through an install. It took all of 15 minutes to do my cat back exhaust install. It was super easy. A cold air intake takes a little longer, but it is also fairly easy. I'm not familiar with mech shops in the DC area, but I imagine if you tossed some good ole boy $50 and a sixer, you'd have what you need. If you go with a set of Doug Thorley headers, I would be a little more careful in your selection process. But a good mechanic could do that install in about 45 minutes, as long as the fasteners aren't rusted tight. Get on the regional forum for MD and VA and I'm sure those guys might just say c'mon over and get er' done, or at least recomend a trusted shop in your area. I could do it, but your gonna have to come toward Philly. Good luck

5. Jul 31, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    bojinns

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    06 Taco TRD Sport
    Thanks Tex for the input. I'll definitely start looking for some meets near me.

To Top