1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mod/ Meet Day Orange County,NY

Discussion in 'North East' started by toughtaco, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:00 AM
    toughtaco

toughtaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab

Guess its a little bit of both, if its something that you can do,feel free. The garage is big enough for like 3 vehicles. I would imagine a lift might take a bit more then 4or5 hours though thats why I suggested letting me know ahead of time for a big job. I had to use them to do my lift bc I couldn't do it myself and they did a real good joband it was cheap. I am sure more confused now trying to answer you but I am tired sorry. I think it wouldnt be a problem to use space if you can do the lift yourself. I posted the phone number if you want to call them to ask any questions that I cant answer. Sorry its long winded. lol

2. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:07 AM
    mwild

mwild I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    i would much rather use the arc welder. the tig isnt really heavy enoufe for that. we can do it in your garage it dosent matter to me

3. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    Ok that will work, do you need rods? Just let me know that way I can get them. I am going to order some soon so maybe we will have to meet up when i get them for you to install them if you would.

4. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    mwild

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    Cat-Back, weather techs, ipod and sisuis Old 04 Taco: 5100s At all 4 corners set at 2.5", Toyotec AAL, Gibson cat-back, Deck plate mod, 20% Tint on fronts, 10" Kicker Comp sub, Sirius radio, Bud Built Skid, Pro Comp 8069 Wheels
    yea i need 6011 or 6010

5. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Hmm I guess I will have to get some. I have 7018 I think.....

6. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    DdayIsNear

DdayIsNear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    is this to weld the sliders together, or to the truck, isn't it better to just bolt to truck since there are like 20 holes for it?

7. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:20 AM
    mwild

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    that will work 2. as long as its dry

8. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:21 AM
    mwild

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    it is alot better to bolt them on. welding on a frame isnt the best thing for it but if he wants them welded on tan i will do it

9. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    The rod should be dry. I wonder if the price difference is the only difference between bolt ons and weld ons? I dont know.

10. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    Jeeze! I'm really sorry I can't attend. Would love to meet you (youse) guys and hang out a little (until I needed my afternoon nap)....I hope everyone has a great time and gets help with their mods!

11. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    mwild

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vernon, NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 2500 Dodge Ram
    bolt ons are alot better in my opinion

12. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    (Alls yah gotta do is show up). You should definitely come to the meet, maybe you will want something done.

13. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I think I might get bolt ons but like I said I the weldons are like half price. I will have to check it out, if there is a difference other then the price.

14. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    you have links for what you wanna purchase?

15. Feb 9, 2010 at 10:50 AM
    toughtaco

Member:
    Vehicle:
    No I have been looking at shrockworks, allpro,nfab, fabtechs.... the usual. There is a shop right up the road from hollywood sounds I was thinking about having them do it too but they are just as expensive to have them build me a set so I dont know.

16. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:04 PM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    If you guy's want to take a look at what I am going to build for my truck ???.
    It has the same base as Shrockworks but with one single bar (rectangular-3"x2".

I made a small sketch that you can look at if you want I can try to post it. I all ready built the brackets and I am waiting for the steel bares to come.

Overall the total cost will be close to $300 but I will built it the way I want them.

17. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    thats cool man, you comin to the meet?

18. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:07 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    1 - oldtacomaguy - Dave - 5100's and Eibach coils (if they come in)
    2- 09tacoli - Satoshi diff breather adjust BB skids
    3- DdayIsNear - Eddie - take parts and lift off all of your guys' trucks and put on mine
    4- Frankiea87- nothing at the moment. anythings possible but ill be there to hang out.
    #5-virgilus11-nothing at this moment. Be there to see other guys trucks, idea's for future mods.[/i]
    6- mwild-just comin 2 help out and hangout
    7- numnutz - a maybe but would be the picture taker

19. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:10 PM
    virgilus11

virgilus11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    kearny, nj
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5
    TRD supercharger,EMU 884 springs, 90000 shocks, air bags rear and TSB with EMU shocks, grillcraft mesh, Relentless front bumper,Armology rear bumper, byxenon hid's retro ,undercover lid with bike rack on top, Kenwood dnx9140,TRD cover seats
    Yes and I should have it installed by the end of this week end as long UPS deliver the steel on time.
    Here is a copy of the sketch. Hope you can read my scribble.

Attached Files:

20. Feb 9, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    DdayIsNear

Member:
    First Name:
    Crazy
    NW Jersey
    Vehicle:
    TRD Offroad
    All pro sliders
    bolt or weld on?