1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Montana Tacomas

Discussion in 'North West' started by Mondwa, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Aug 1, 2016 at 4:00 PM
    Aerial ProVision

Aerial ProVision Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    13 Taco TRD
    None yet
    Whats up Montana Peeps, I'm visiting my folks in Polson and want to know if anyone has traveled the Jocko Canyon Road from Arlee to the Swan? Pic for attention, left trailer in PHX.

IMG_0783.jpg

2. Aug 1, 2016 at 4:05 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Wrong thread? This is montana, not oregon
    nice tent :fistbump:
    I think @SupraT maybe has....

3. Aug 1, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    Big Sky Country

Big Sky Country Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    Century topper, OME 885x, Nitrochargers, full Dakars
    I haven't actually traveled it since I was a kid but don't think there's anything to worry about if that's the question. People snowmobile it all winter.

4. Aug 1, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    Big Sky Country

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    Been on TW for months now and never even knew this thread existed, thanks to @MTgirl for directing me here. Anyway, live in Missoula and am enjoying my first Tacoma. Pics below are me at the trailhead of my favorite local trail running spot, fishing the big hole last week, and enjoying a beer post mtn bike ride at Great Burn20160801_162822.jpg 20160722_180325.jpg 20160622_162645.jpg .

ccallen, Jeffas7 and MTgirl like this.
  5. Aug 1, 2016 at 6:38 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    Glad you found us!
    We have quite a few folks scattered about...I'm in Bozeman but grew up in Butte and regularly head west to camp and explore. Keep an eye out for me and Runner in the hills!

6. Aug 1, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    Big Sky Country

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    Will do, my wife drives a 2012 T4R limited that's been pretty good to us as well. Both rigs get us where we need to go.

MTgirl[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Aug 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM
    Pigpen

Pigpen My truck is never clean

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    2012 AC Manual 4.0 4x4 Base Model
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Enjoy the adventure! I'm up in Whitefish. Let us know how the drive goes. I might follow your lead if it's good!

8. Aug 1, 2016 at 8:43 PM
    Aerial ProVision

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    13 Taco TRD
    None yet
    I'll be heading out Sunday morning, camping at Holland Lake, will post some pics or knock out a video along the way.

ccallen likes this.
  9. Aug 1, 2016 at 8:44 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Access cab toolbox/ dog bed with seats and headrests deleted, waterproof TRD seat covers, yellow wire mod, diff breather relocated to tail light, engine block heater, Leer topper with Yakima tracks and rack, Yakima rack on cab, Ride Rite with Daystar cradles, CBI hidden front hitch, wired for winch front and rear Warn quick connect, Warn x8000i on external carrier, sway bar delete, trailer plug relocated to bumper, Pelfreybilt IFS and Mid skids, ECGS front diff bushing, ARB CKMA12 compressor, 255/85/16 Backcountrry MT 3 load E tires on stock steel rims, Up2NoGood heated mirror kit, Husky X-act Contour front floor liners, Northstar AGM 24F battery, Pelfreybilt bolt on sliders with kickout and top plates, TRD Pro headlights, Depo smoked tail lights, Energy suspension body mount bushing kit, OME Dakar leaf packs with AAL, Billstein B110 rear shocks, OME 90021 front shocks with 885 coils, SPC LR UCAs, Up2NoGood 2wd low range mod, 4 Wheel Campers Grandby slide in camper
    Holland Lake is nice. Hike up to the falls.

10. Aug 1, 2016 at 8:57 PM
    Aerial ProVision

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    13 Taco TRD
    None yet
    We plan on it, can't wait. We've been up there a few times. What other areas do you suggest between holland and Bigfork on my way back?

11. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    Jeffas7

Jeffas7 Monta what na???

Member:
    Missoula
    Vehicle:
    12quad6spd
    Camped there last night! Was surprisingly full, but great place to camp. The first loop has good access to a rock beach. I have not personally made the jocko drive but have talked to patients who said it's great with lots of opportunities to hike along the north side, I believe some of the land south of the road is tribal and no go unless you have the right blood quantum.

12. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:06 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Look on google maps. Just past Holland is Falls Creek Rd which loops to Condon Loop Rd. Check out Van Lake for sure. Then Squeezer loops way up, there are a couple different options depending on how much time you have. There's some great hiking way up Cilly Creek Rd. The other side of the highway has a bunch of cool shit too. I could spend a couple weeks between Holland and Bigfork.

13. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:10 PM
    Jeffas7

Jeffas7 Monta what na???

Member:
    Missoula
    Vehicle:
    12quad6spd
    Nice! I've seen your truck around town, Parked on Broadway I think? Jealous of the side windows on the canopy too man

14. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:11 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    Cold Creek to Porcupine is a good long one. Just make sure to get back onto the highway before you end up on the wrong side of Swan Lake (unless you have the time to explore). There's some great hiking on the uphill side of a couple of those roads too.

Aerial ProVision likes this.
  15. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    Big Sky Country

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    That's the one. Thanks, did a ton of research before buying my topper. Wouldn't have it without the vented windoors!

16. Aug 1, 2016 at 9:21 PM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    For what I paid for mine you would!

Jeffas7 likes this.
  17. Aug 2, 2016 at 6:27 AM
    Big Sky Country

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    Ha! They do hose you on add-ons when you buy the damn thing! Something like $200 each. Overall, got a decent deal on the topper, I think.

18. Aug 2, 2016 at 7:17 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    $450 wasn't too hard on the wallet, but I tried for $350 :p

19. Aug 2, 2016 at 8:00 AM
    Big Sky Country

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TX Pro
    Unfortunately I paid a little more than that! With two kiddos the dog has to ride back there, windows were a must!

20. Aug 2, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    Pigpen

Member:
    Northwest Montana
    Vehicle:
    I totally understand.

I have sliding windows, just not windoors. Yours looks great too!!

To Top