1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moobs (and getting rid of them)

Discussion in 'Health' started by 2TRunner, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    dfrugia

dfrugia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Goose
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OFF RD 4X4
    Running boards w/steps, Weathertechs
    I think you need to lift more weights. Swap out fat pounds for muscle pounds. Stop drinking soda and eating out and hit the gym.

2. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Well shit everyone, I appreciate the views and advice! Thanks for not making me feel like a jackass. If I won't get trashed to bad, maybe I'll post a shot of the gut that I'm trying to get rid of.

7:30 shift tomorrow so I'm off.

3. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:48 PM
    Sandman614

Sandman614 Ex-Snarky TWSS elf, Travis #hotsavannahdotcom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Garner, NC/Boone, NC
    Vehicle:
    '06 SR5 Off Road
    ARB Front Bumper, Projector Headlights w/Slimcubby 4300K HID's, Oznium LED's, LED taillights, DIY Washable Cabin Moose Filter, Sockmonkey SR5 Off Road, Aux Audio plug, OME 886x, OME Nitrochargers, Wheelers 3 Leaf Progressive AAL, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, Dodge D-Rings
    Here's as a confidence raiser. You're doing the right thing. This whole diet/make yourself look better starts with YOU. You are doing it for the right reason, because YOU want to. Your first steps may be small to some but we all gotta start somewhere!
    I am 6'1" comfortable at 200ish (time of day varies weight about 10 lbs for me). I also was a chubby kid growing up, over the last few years people have told me I need to eat more because I am a stick. I have worked 3rd shift the last 2 years and my eating habits have been horrible, Fast Food (when I eat a meal), Sleep all day, Energy Drinks and Gatorade all night, chips, cookies, slim jims, any crap that was available at Walgreens.
    I am proud to say that Today was the first time that I have eaten Fast Food in well over a month, I was picking up my truck on my lunch break. I'm not the type of person that goes to the gym, runs around the neighborhood, bikes, skates (anymore). I do like to swim, though I only get to do that occasionally and I would be caught dead before I swam laps.

Basically do what YOU feel is necessary, what YOU have time for, eventually you will get to a point you feel you need to be at.

4. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I can't give up the 2 pops a day. Its like the one thing I still gotta have. And 2 a day is an incredible reduction from the amount I was drinking per day, sorry babytruck.

I can do without all the other junk.

5. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Quaker, I do know your problem with moobs. I am actually in shape for the most part and I still have them. They are the HARDEST thing to get rid of on your body. Since the more you work your chest out the bigger they get. It is the last place fat will come off. The only advice I can give to make them look a bit better is incline bench press and decline push ups. It will make the top half of them look bigger to make it look better. I have been fighting them since I was at 6% body fat in HS during wrestling season.

6. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    Bennett707

Bennett707 Station707

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    No more taco life for me
    6'3" ~155lbs. i hate my moobs.

7. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    ataylor04

ataylor04 Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    04 DC TRD 4X4
    Congratulations for taking the innitiative, Quaker! A lot of guys don't get tired of the gut and wear it with pride.
    One suggestion that helped me with portion control was to think of my stomach as being about the size of my closed fist. When I started doing this, the weight started dropping off. Of course, exercise helps too, but that could be as simple as a family walk.
    Good luck on your journey and keep us posted.

8. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Johns Taco

Johns Taco I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 DSM Base SR5 Slug Taco
    Full custom stereo, onboard air compressor, train horns, spacer lift, 30" tires, optima yellow top, rear slider window & tailgate anti-theft mod, pop & lock, class 3 tow hitch, lights in bed, Ultra Gauge, Weather Tech mats, yellow fog lights, camper top, air lift rear airbags, rear diff breather mod, soon to be more...
    Great post, inspired me too.

9. Jul 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Diet soda too? Quaker I started that Nutrisystem diet 2 weeks ago and lost 6lbs so far. The structure is what I am after-I'll let you know how it works out if you want. I am 6'1" and was 250. I want to be 205 so similar to you. They base their system on the type of food plus sort of the ideas babytruck suggested. Way smaller portions than I was feeding myself, but more veggies added to fill back in and more eating points in a day (6 times a day). Increase the pushups according to how many you can increase them by, and use bars. Spread those bars out to past shoulder width which will develop upper chest and shoulders to fill out those areas making the moob area smaller.

10. Jul 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM
    Sublime

Sublime Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD 4x4
    Icon/All Pro.....chopped for 35's
    You're def on the right track man! Once you cut out the junk food, it'll come right off like it has so far! Ever see supersize me? That dude eat McD's for 30 days and got a belly and moobs real quick. Have smaller meals with protein in it and eat more fruits and veggies and you'll be amazed at the results. Stick to bodyweight sets throughout the day......push ups, find something at work to hang on and crank out a few pull ups and something for the abs. Doesn't have to be a "workout" but small sets everyday and keep up the tire carries (that sounds like fun)!
    It takes time, keep it up!

11. Jul 6, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    Enjoy it while you can.
    I graduated HS at 6'3", 135lbs.
    I had a gut due to lack of muscle tone, but not huge.
    Oh ya... I ate like a pig.
    Breakfast was 6 eggs, a half package of bacon or sausage, 6 slices of toast with butter, and a full quart of Tang.

Dinner was a 1-pound "hamburger steak" can of green beans, and a large Russet potato.

By the time I hit 40, I was 225, blood pressure was through the roof, and I was wearing 36 waist jeans and wearing them low.

6 months later I was back down to 185 and wearing 32s, but my "comfortable" weight is around 200 and wearing 34s.

12. Jul 6, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Again, thanks everyone. I wasn't expecting this thread to take off like it did last night. Figured I'd post my little update and move on.

On the soda issue, I've been drinking diet coke/pepsi since I was a kid. Diet stuff was all we had around the house. To give you an idea, I would blaze through 2 cases a week usually, so reducing it down to 2 a day is very good for me.

13. Jul 6, 2012 at 2:30 AM
    Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Good luck to you man. Your stakes in the wager should help to motivate you even more.

14. Jul 6, 2012 at 2:46 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    I replied to Sandman's comments, but internet jacked up and didn't post them.

Great advice man. Couldn't agree more that it all begins with "You" (me). The first and biggest step is finding the motivation and sticking with it. Now that I've done a few weeks, I've realized its not super hard or anything, just have to not do what I was doing before.

Also with you on the gym/running stuff. That kind of stuff isin't my style.

15. Jul 6, 2012 at 2:54 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    As long as I don't catch to much flak for it or make anyone loose a good lunch (god this so unlike me. I hate my gut, yet here I am posting it for the world to see) I'll show what I'm trying to get rid of.

[​IMG]

I wouldn't say it looks that horrible up top, but then you can grab a good ol' handful of belly fat and wiggle it around. Moobs off to either side.

[​IMG]

Fucking gross. I'm tired of looking at it. Go away!

I don't know if they classify body types or whatnot, but overall, I'm not real fat in other areas, it all just seems to collect in my gut. I don't have skin/fat hanging from arms, I don't have a "pudgy" face" I don't have rolling thighs, just an ugly gut.

16. Jul 6, 2012 at 3:07 AM
    2TRunner

2TRunner [OP] Snoop Dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    My House Usually
    Gotta keep it fun!

17. Jul 6, 2012 at 3:09 AM
    Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    You got that right!

18. Jul 6, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    babytruck

babytruck Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2010 Barcelona AC 4x4 4.0 6spd
    OMG that's nothing. I thought you were bigger than that!! You look like ME!! haha. You are doing fine! :)

19. Jul 6, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Good luck on your journey to eating & feeling better!

I know when I retired from the service & my knee injuries really got me a little heavier than ever in my life.
    Finally was able to turn it around.
    It is never too late to make the change, attitude is everything :)

I like your idea of competition to keep it interesting with your wife
    Whatever makes it happen lol

One of my friends he is in the best shape even as a senior told me he followed this eating regime his entire life...

Breakfast like a King
    Lunch like a Prince
    Dinner like a Peasant
    Exercise
    Lots of water

Also your little changes will go a long way to making it a lifestyle change.
    The soda is your treat right now
    You may change your mind down the road.
    It is only today we have make it count!

Thanks for the inspirational motivation in the thread Quaker!!

20. Jul 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    That's the thing-he doesn't want to look like you-cuz you're a GIRL:D

Products Discussed in

To Top