1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More great news about the Tacos!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Banchi94, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Jul 25, 2008 at 5:16 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Well you told a good story too, so I hooked you up. It's always nice when the insurance companies take care of their business. Did you get you're wifes dinner all over you? She must of been pissed that she didn't get dinner that night.

2. Jul 25, 2008 at 9:00 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Well, I wasn't in any of the wrecks, but my buddy's '81 toyota 2wd survived something like 5 wrecks (he stopped counting after the third - he's been rear-ended, t-boned, and I think had a head-on) with no injuries.
    It's survived a 4 foot jump.
    We ran it one summer for a good 5 miles with no radiator, alternator, belts, and we couldn't see the oil on the dipstick.
    We've overloaded the bed on several occasions when we were taking garbage to the dump for remodeling (I want to say we were pushing close to 2 tons on the scale, but I'm horrible with remembering numbers - just know that the attendant had to look out the window a second time at us in our 'beater'!) .
    It's almost kept pace with a '99 Accord with CAI, performance chip, and cat-back exhaust (we might have been missing the cat, or it may have had a hole :)).
    At this point, the radio is dead, the horn won't honk unless you crank the wheel all the way to the right (or if you'd rather have the lights not work instead), and the engine is completely covered in sludge (I think you can still see the 22R badge), and it probably hasn't been washed in 4 years (the paint is still pretty OK in all areas except the crunched areas).

We gave it to another guy in need and it's being used as his daily driver. Starts every time.

Products Discussed in

To Top