1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

More Tacomas in the distribution pipeline or not?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by chaztoyo, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Jun 12, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    chaztoyo

chaztoyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    West TN
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport White
    I've been looking for a used Tacoma for the last month or so, but around here they want almost as much for a used one as a new one. So I've started checking the websites for the local dealers to see who might have a new one that matches what I want. DC, 2wd, TRD sport, (white, silver, or mgm). At the moment it looks like there is only 1 truck at any of the 4 dealers within 100 miles of home that matches that configuration. Now I keep hearing on here about the factory being shut down, and I'm starting to wonder if there are anymore still in the distribution pipeline or is this it until the 2011s start hitting the dealers. My plan was to wait until just before month end to start talking to the dealers, but now I'm having second thoughts.
    Does anybody here have any insight?
    Thanks,
    Charles.

2. Jun 12, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    SlurpeeBlueMetallic

SlurpeeBlueMetallic FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Member:
    Not sure where you're at but I experienced a very similar problem. I really wanted to get a 6-speed manual but couldn't find one within 500 miles. I wound up with a truck just like you're looking for now (except SWB) and am very pleased with it. I bought almost exactly a year ago so this appears to be the low point in annual stock.

3. Jun 12, 2010 at 9:06 PM
    Vise4077

Vise4077 Member

Member:
    There are more in the pipeline, but it depends on what models your local dealers are ordering. The Taco factory in Freemont, CA was shut down, and is being moved to San Antonio, TX. The factory in Mexico is unaffected and sending them out as ordered.

4. Jun 14, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    chaztoyo

chaztoyo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    West TN
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma DCSB TRD Sport White
    Thanks guys. I forgot about the Mexico factory. I'm hoping to hit the dealers right at the end of the month. I just hope a few more trucks configured like I want show up on the local lots between now and then. Otherwise I doubt if they'll want to deal. We'll see.

Products Discussed in

To Top