1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

morimoto hid projector install

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by beaver_scott, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Sep 3, 2011 at 2:46 PM
    beaver_scott

beaver_scott [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    I got my morimoto mini hid retrofit done last night. It wasn't too hard at all. The light output is awesome. Way better than stock headlights!

IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0011.jpg

2. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:05 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot, Just Depends

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Clemson,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Looks Good! How much did that run you if you do not mind me asking?

3. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:55 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    awesome> i am getting ready to do a set myself in the next month or so.

4. Sep 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM
    babyboi2284

babyboi2284 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Lockport, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Barcelona Red X-Runner
    LS 6k projectors w/ white halos, 6k fogs, T-Rex Angry Lids, NST SSK, Coupe Shift Knob, BHLM, LFM, DLM, FLM, JL 500/1 amp, JL 10"w6v2, subX wanna be made by me, Magnaflow muffler, 5% tint, k&n drop in filter, Craven Speed Stubby, map light mod
    Which shrouds did you get?

5. Sep 3, 2011 at 8:05 PM
    beaver_scott

beaver_scott [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    The whole setup which is projectors, morimoto hid bulbs, adapter plugs for the new bulbs to work with my ddm tuning ballasts and relays, and the Apollo shrouds ran me about $170. The kit was super easy to install. All plug and play basically for all the equipment....you just have to seperate the light housing from the light window. Heat light assembly in the oven at 275 for 7 minutes and seperate. When finished with the projector install put back in oven at 275 for 7 minutes to resoften the sealer and put back together.

To Top