1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mossberg 535 ATS

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by dylandercole, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Feb 24, 2010 at 3:55 PM
    2 tacomas

2 tacomas Slightly Sane

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4wd -Sold
    I've lost count....
    Go somewhere that has all 3 models (like Cabelas or Basspro) and compare them all side by side. I originally wanted the Benelli Nova pump but it just didn't feel like it "fit" me as well as the 535 did - plus I highly prefer the safety location on the Mossberg vs the Benelli.

For a pump shotgun I feel Mossberg is a better over-all package (value/performance) compared to most other contenders within its general price range. However if I ever go with a semi-auto shotgun I will without a doubt go with a Benelli.

Oh, I got my Mossberg 535 on sale for $300....and I have found the Benelli Nova Pumps for $440 - the places around your house are overcharging you.

2. Feb 24, 2010 at 9:41 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    did you get them with camo? The benellis are about $420 in the black, but I want the camo for function and protection and those were about $530. The nearest cabelas is in Reno I think (6+ hours), and the nearest bass pro-shop is an hour and a half or so. I might have to make the journey though

3. Feb 25, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    2 tacomas

2 tacomas Slightly Sane

Member:
    Northern VA
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD Sport 4wd -Sold
    I've lost count....
    Yup - all of the models I looked at were camo. It's worth an hour or two drive just to "make sure" you get the gun you like the best. You may end up liking the Benelli the most, but for me that thumbhole 535 was perfect. Weight was also a big issue with me as well - I usually walk several miles in mountainous terrain when I am turkey hunting....the 535 made the Nova pump feel like it was a boat anchor when you compared their weight. The Nova weighed in at 8 lbs and the 535 came in at 6.5 lbs.

4. Feb 25, 2010 at 7:19 AM
    Stbwalke

Stbwalke Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Oklahoma/Tenkiller Lake
    Vehicle:
    03 tacoma truck
    2'' lift
    :)I have a 835,like it I mostly turkey hunt with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top