1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Most durable bulb replacement

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by gobias, May 15, 2010.

1. gobias

gobias [OP] as in Gobias some coffee

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    UT
    Vehicle:
    02 Dbl TRD
    OME 881, AAL
    After offroading a bit at night with the stock Toyota headlights I've decided I'll need something a bit brighter before I do that again. On previous cars I've had Silverstar Ultras but they burn out so easily, especially if I hit a bump going any faster than a crawl.
    Anybody have any experience with replacement bulbs? I'd like something brighter but still durable enough that they won't burn out every few months.
    HIDs are out. I can't stand them. Driving & fog lights will come later once I can get around to saving up enough for 'em.

2. dubstar2003

dubstar2003 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner
    Projector Headlights Westin Bullguard Westin Nurf Bars Custom Hood Lifts Black'd Out Badges Alpine Headunit w/Ipod Satoshi Grille 6000K HID'S BILSTIEN 5100'S UP FRONT
    Checkout Nokya bulbs. They used to sell them at Circuity City, but they have them on ebay for like $20 a pair. I had these on one of my other cars for 5 years and only 1 has recently burnt out. I was running & 7000K. They are super white with a shade of blue, but not too much blue that you cant see. My boy had the Silverstars, but the Nokyas look much better.

To Top