1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Most Miles on a Drop Bracket Lift

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by HuntnTruk, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:16 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk [OP] Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    Hey Im curious about the guys with the drop brackets such as pro comp fabtech or rcd. Im not looking for which one is better but rather how the trucks durability is affected with many miles on the lift. My thought is if you buy a new truck, hack the front crossmember, what is the likely lifespan of the lift and its components? Will it last the life of the truck? Its just something to take into consideration when you cant revert back to stock.

So whos got the most miles on their lift and what problems if any have you run into?

2. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:32 AM
    BlueXenon

BlueXenon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles and Newport Coast
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic gray TRD sport
    Pro Comp 6" Stage 2 lift, N-Fab nerf bars, tinted windows, debadged, 6000k xenon headlights, 18" ProComp 7089 Wheels in black with BFG AT KO 33's, SnugLid tonneau cover, Line X'ed TRD skid plate. SOLD!
    Shouldn't be a problem. It should last the lifespan of the truck if checked and maintained from time to time. Unless you let all your components rust out to hell. Also, you only need to hack the front crossmember if you have a 4X4. 2WD's don't require cutting.

3. Nov 12, 2010 at 8:37 AM
    HuntnTruk

HuntnTruk [OP] Tacohead

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    New York-not the City
    Vehicle:
    Indigo SR5 4x4
    Yea sorry should have specified a 4X4.

4. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    TiMe

TiMe Well-Known Member

Member:
    CA
    Vehicle:
    05 Dbl Cab 4x4
    6" Fabtech with coilovers 33" nitto mud grapplers
    I have about 20k on my Fabtech 6" lift. No problems that I can see!

5. Nov 12, 2010 at 9:19 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Nitto Terra Grappler G2, Suspension: Icon coilovers set at 2.5", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in, 3* shims, carrier bearing drop, Bilstein 5100 B110 rear shocks Other: TRD SS exhaust, Ottonavi H/U with Sat radio, bluetooth, ipod interface, DVD, Navigation Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, eyelids, tinted tails and third brake light, vinyl armrest in doors Lighting: fogs only mod, bed lights in pockets, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights
    I had a pro comp DB on my '01 for 80,000 miles before I traded it in. Truck had 110k. Wheeled it probably ten times a year but it was my DD too.

To Top