1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Most similar exhaust to a G35

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by bt08231, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Jun 28, 2009 at 8:19 AM
    bt08231

bt08231 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baltimore, MD
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey SR5
    Stock
    Hey everyone, been lurking around here since last October when I bought my truck and finally registered today. I figured Id run this question past all of you with modified exhausts first. Im new to tacomas and have never actually heard one with any type of exhaust other then stock. The websites with the sound clips are worthless to me because they all sound the same or the cameras are to close. So my question, I want a muffler that sounds similar to an infinity g35 and i figured since they are also 6 cylinder engines it is probably possible. Does anyone know of a muffler that will give me that sound? Magnaflow, TRD? I know this has been discussed thoroughly i have been reading alot of exhaust threads. I just dont want to change it and hate it. Let me know

2. Jun 28, 2009 at 8:28 AM
    w8n4mud

w8n4mud There's a mod for that!

Member:
    First Name:
    Albert
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Subaru WRX
    Bilsteins 5100's (Front & Rear), GrillCraft, Line-X'ed Skid Plate & Bumper Valence, Blacked out hood scoop, Avid Light Bar and much more.
    I'll leave this to my colleagues with more experience, but for now man welcome to Tacoma World. I understand you want a settle solid sounds versus something over the top and we definitely don't want to sound like a rice rocket. Good luck on that venture.

3. Jun 28, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Even tho they are both 6 cyl engines-I think you are going to have trouble matching the sounds. I'm going to guess different sized pipes and mufflers. The engines are designed differently.

Flowmaster has a good truck sound...Folks have been happy with thier Dynomax mufflers too...Good luck finding something that tickles your fancy.

Welcome to the board!!

4. Jun 28, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
To Top