1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

mother

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by pinktaco808, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Mar 21, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 [OP] Hot Steppa

Member:
  2. Mar 21, 2011 at 9:33 PM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    Yeah, it's pretty good stuff. Royal Blue is even better.

They are both Carnauba based so you won't go wrong either way...;)

3. Mar 22, 2011 at 10:40 PM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    I used to use P21S, and it applies very nice and buffs off easily. I just bought Pete's 53 (chemicalguys.com stocks it). I find the Pete's 53 inferior and will switch back to the P21S. The Pete's paste is thinner, and it gets hard very fast and not easy to buff by hand.

That's the whole joy of the P21S: wipe on/wipe off very easily so I can wax the whole truck in 15-20 minutes.

So there are big differences in carnuba waxes. I haven't tried Mother's but I can highly recommend the P21S Concours.

4. Mar 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM
    phoneguy44

phoneguy44 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Oxford, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Double Cab
    Anything Mothers is going to be good. I've never used a product from them where I wasnt pleased.

I will tell you this, I just purchased Poorboys Natty Blue and let me tell ya, big difference.

I just got it and I've only waxed two customer cars with it so far, one with the polisher and one by hand. The shine was unbelievable and very clean looking, one car was black, the other red wine, both looked outstanding. How long it lasts, I dont know yet.

The reason why I bought it and I can vouch that its absolutely true is its so easy to wipe off. I do a section at a time when I wax. Started with the roof and when I wiped it off, I thought I didnt put enough on there cause it wiped off so easy, so I did the hood. Again, thought this is too easy. So I went to the trunk and really laid a thick coat on. Took longer to haze but the wipe off was again easy. Trust me, it was worth the $20 for the 16 oz bottle. You dont have to lay it on thick like I did the trunk, results were the same. Here's the link incase anyones interested: I wont use anything else until something proves to be better.

5. Mar 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM
    PeteH

PeteH Well-Known Member

Member:

You know that you DON'T allow Pete's to dry before removing, right?

6. Mar 24, 2011 at 11:09 PM
    pinktaco808

pinktaco808 [OP] Hot Steppa

Member:
    mother ftw

7. Mar 25, 2011 at 9:18 PM
    novataco

novataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    NOLA
    Vehicle:
    06 Sport V6 auto
    Aries bull bar, Lund grill screen, blackened h/l, Weathertech plastic all over, Access LE tonneau, window tint, tube steps, DF-Toy aux adapter, cig plug always on, console vault, hitch step, 1700 watt in-cab inverter and dual battery (in-progress), Delta bike hitch mounts
    I was buffing it off as soon as I applied it into the paint. It was warm out and it got kind of like the glaze on a Krispy Kreme in short time. Seems the P21S stays soft longer. It came off, it just took more muscle. I did not need to use my PC to buff off the P21S, but I can see it would be helpful with Pete's.

However, I am second guessing using wax at all now, on top of Klasse SG sealant. I did half of my hood with Pete's and really didn't see a difference. I don't think the problem is the wax, but that the Klasse already has a good shine, and I don't think wax adds any luster to a silver streak, like it does on darker paint. Maybe I will just wax the front end now for easier bug removal.

8. Mar 26, 2011 at 12:05 AM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
    Xymol Creame ftw!
    :spy:

But to the OP, Mother's is still a very good wax. May not last as long as more expensive brands, but for the price it can't be beat.(IMO)

Products Discussed in

To Top