1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

motorcycle or sea do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by mntbiker2008, Jul 12, 2009.

?

motorcycle or jet ski?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2009.
  1. motorcycle

61.0%
  2. jet ski

31.2%
  3. none of the above

7.8%
  1. Jul 14, 2009 at 8:03 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3

k. heres a question. for the maintenance, what is normally involved? i know a few things but not much. how much does it normally cost to winterize a boat? ive been trying to find stuff like this but i get such a wide variety. some people do this but others dont, or they just slap a cover over it and be done with it (i know this is not good)

thanks

aaron

2. Jul 14, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    Wren

Wren Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Williamsburg, Ky
    Vehicle:
    11 White Reg. Cab 4x4
    Motorcycle personally for me but a seadoo or boat is nice. Its a win win situation except for your wallet

3. Jul 15, 2009 at 4:00 AM
    Jason'sLawnCare

Jason'sLawnCare Prepared for Bambi

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Jacksonville Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 Double Cab TRD Rugged Trail
    CBI Moab 2.0, CBI Trail Rider 2.0, CBI sliders w/kickout, Superwinch EPi9.0S, OME sport shocks w/886 coils, OME n182, 1.5" aal, JasonBuilt 3/16th full belly skid, BuiltRight uca, Body Mount Chop, 285/75/16 km2's, Rear cat delete, exhaust crossover rerouted, Fog light anytime, Locker mod, Rear leaf tsb, Debadged, Uws Tool Box, Electric Exhaust Cutout, AFE Pro Dry S, Kiwi Wifi, Diff Breather Relocated, Grom Ipod Adapter, Dual Diehard platinum batteries isolated by BlueSea marine switch
    It's hard to say what needs to be done for a specific boat. I think your best bet would be just to get a manual. If the manual doesn't come with it then you should get a hold of one.

Being as your in Ohio I would think it would be necessary to winterize it. I guess for a general idea on what to do you can look at this checklist. http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=103139&postcount=6

If you don't have word let me know I'll copy and paste it.

4. Jul 15, 2009 at 4:29 AM
    Krp2nite

Krp2nite Well-Known Member

Member:
    HTML:
    [QUOTE][PHP][/PHP][/QUOTE]
    Go with the Bike.......then again I AM a little biased. Being that I own many bikes.

5. Jul 15, 2009 at 9:21 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Sounds like your lady is more interested in a bike. However, I can't see how a bike would be safer than a boat unless one can't swim (you should be wearing a life preserver anyway). There are a lot more things on a bike that can cause serious problems (road conditions, loss of traction, animals, bad drivers, your skill level). Plus while it can hurt falling off a boat at high speed, it doesn't hurt as bad as pavement or trees. I have two bikes and love riding them, but they are dangerous. If you get the bike, make sure you don't skimp on gear and wear it all the time. If it's too hot for gear, it's too hot to ride.

As for which, I'd figure out which you'd use more. For me, I'd rather own a bike and rent a pwc. Bikes also store in smaller spaces. For deer, keep your driving during the bright daylight hours. They tend to come out more at twilight/night (though you'll still see them during the day).

6. Jul 15, 2009 at 10:09 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i know two people now who have had their lives ruined by riding a bike, neither was their fault either. one is a vegatable, the other is paralyzed. both were wearing full gear and the accident was caused by a car pulling out or turning and not seeing them. as a result, i will never EVER get on a bike. i'll do stupid things if i am in control (at least some what) but on a bike there are too many variables you cant control, like bad drivers. like i said, i knew these two individuals personally so it hit home when their lives were ruined.

on a side note, i have taken a spill on a sea doo at 55mph and while it was painful and i never thought i would stop skipping across the water, i ended up with no serious damage. although i did pull my groin and it took me about 10 minutes to doggy paddle my way to the sea doo. if that had happend on the bike i would either be dead or wish i was

7. Jul 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 [OP] First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    yes... she is more interested in the bike. she claims she doesnt like boating. but... i can say shes wrong with that too! she was having a blast on the boat up in michigan! just gotta add some tunes and its all good!! i will probably buy a bike later on in life. the boat is safer and i can get out with friends and have a good time. cant fit very many people on the bike.

sry about your friends nd. my cousin wrecked his dirt bike when he was racing in an arena and had to pretty much re learn everything. his helmet busted open. he was in a coma for a few weeks. he was only 18 at the time too. to this day he still has small issues from it.

8. Jul 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM
    James08

James08 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD PRO
    Again, bike.

Trust me. It is so much fun to have a bike. Plus, you'll have two toys to spend all your money on between your truck and the bike!

Here is some pics of mine:

Stock
    [​IMG]
    Modded
    [​IMG]

My truck is will be well on it's way to being blacked out soon too!

9. Jul 16, 2009 at 8:23 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    its alright. i wasn't close to either of them but i went to school with them and spoke with them from time to time.

10. Jul 24, 2009 at 2:23 PM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    buy my bike haha im looking to move up to a bigger bike like a street glide or a fat bob with a 103ci

Products Discussed in

To Top