1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorcycles BS Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Sacrifice, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dec 12, 2023 at 5:34 PM
    Hafaday

Hafaday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA.
    Vehicle:
    19, DCSB, Off Road. 23 KLX300, 14JKU
    Rite rite. It’s just a thought for now.

I did mention them on another site, and had two responses almost instantly.. Both were along the lines of, You’ll love ‘em and never use anything else. Both also mentioned foot control and placement actually we’re better. Granted I’m gathering intel for myself, but we’ll see. These are further down the line of an upgrade if ever.

nd4spdbh[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Dec 12, 2023 at 5:38 PM
    Hafaday

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA.
    Vehicle:
    Nice!

Great pix, and Welcome to the thread.

motolife313[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Dec 12, 2023 at 6:07 PM
    Hafaday

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA.
    Vehicle:
    What the Sam hell is going down around here?

Peeps leaving.

The giving of matchbox cars.. Love it, and guilty of that as well.. it damn sure changes the kiddos frame of mind and helps the parents out like a champ. done it twice while on a trails over the years. Both times, the Wives of said upset kid (age 5-6 or less) made damn sure to re-thank me at the end of the run. and they both said they were gonna keep some to give out for the same reason. Crazy how something so simple like this can turn around an unpleasant situation of a youngster and parents, into something great. Good shit right there, and keep it up Guy’s! Brings a smile to everyone.

The bum-ness… It happens, gotta find a way to push through.

4. Dec 12, 2023 at 6:32 PM
    50Buck

50Buck Living rent free Timmy the Tool's head

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2024 Ferd F150 XLT, 2019 Yamaha Super Tenéré
    Sounds like some of you guys need somebody to give you a toy motorcycle. :boink: :bikewheelie2:

Most of life is hard. Happy is fleeting and periodic. I just try, and often fail, to not make the world any worse.

We're all in it together, so if we just don't make it worse we'll all be better for it.

I appreciate the sharing. Sometimes having somebody to talk to helps, and sometimes the anonymity of the internet makes it easier or more helpful. If anyone ever complains about it, they can bugger off. Everybody needs to vent once in a while.

5. Dec 12, 2023 at 7:18 PM
    Calamity_taco

Calamity_taco your friendly neighborhood weeb :3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    I have no idea. send help!
    Vehicle:
    2015 sr5 access cab, 97 & 98 civic coupe, 03 klx400, 2014 yamaha bolt
    just a couple of things tbh
    yuup had a set similar on my old bmx years ago when i was a kid
    [​IMG] this is what i have on the klx

gixxerphil and Hafaday[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Dec 12, 2023 at 9:17 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    This is pretty much the size that I have had on my full size dirtbikes for years. I never feel the need to go bigger or fancier. Plenty of "platform" but also small enough they arent in the way.

Got a bit of a ride in on the XT225 tonight, jetting n carb adjustments might be damned close to spot on, I am OCD when it comes to how things run and for me to say it might not be worth touching any more is saying something. The thing starts right up stone cold with choke and is able to come off choke (enrichment circuit) quickly, no significant flat spots and pulls great and even throughout all throttle openings and rpms. Needless to say I am QUITE happy with how shes running. She also looks pretty good with the top box on. (super tenere's box at this point till i pull out the other one)

20231212_172051.jpg

I did realize the rear brake light was out (must of just happened as it was working the other day) as well as the dash light (no idea how long thats been out first time out in dusk/dark). Tore into it, rear aftermarket brake/tail light is a standard 1157 bulbs and the dash light is a mini incandescent T10? bulb.

I actually had a Trailer tail light fixture that just so happened to have both of these bulbs (main rear brake / tail 1157 and side/running T10). Pulled them out of there popped em in the bike and all is good with the XT225 now.... just need to pay registration soon. UGH.

7. Dec 12, 2023 at 9:48 PM
    but why tho

but why tho Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    Ordered the rear end gear lube and brake fluid for the S10. I'm going to pick up the crush washer set from Harbor Freight and an oil filter from Walmart. I hope by this time next week I'll have all the fluids (minus coolant, which I should probably do...) plus tires and some Aliexpress stuff done with the bike and it'll be good for a while! I did grease the clutch and brake pivots and brass bushing as well as recommended.

Also finally got the replacement seat lock plastic for the KTM:

upload_2023-12-12_21-48-43.png

nd4spdbh, gixxerphil, Hafaday and 3 others like this.
  8. Dec 13, 2023 at 3:26 AM
    BkerChuck

BkerChuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Blazing Blue Pearl
    Perhaps the "fool bus" ?

9. Dec 13, 2023 at 3:36 AM
    BkerChuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    I've definitely dealt with Seasonal Affective Disorder for a significant part of my life. I hate the clod weather and as stated having it get dark before 5pm like it does. Personally if I could just hibernate like a bear until Spring I think I'd be happier. I probably have enough body fat stored for at least the first month or two.

I still try to ride as much as possible so long as the roads are clear. Beyond that I do what I can to make the best of it. I try to use this time to do maintenance on the bikes, valve checks, suspension service, any upgrades I want to do before the real riding season hits. I also try to use the evenings to plan the next year's trips. I attend a few FJR meets each year and while some stay in the same location others move every other year to a new location. I also plan any long distance rides I have in mind. @FreshOldTaco has expressed interest at doing an Iron Butt Saddlesore ride with me. We're going to try the "Ride Around PA" where we will travel the perimeter of Pennsylvania without leaving the state and stopping for some form of business receipts in specific cities or geographic regions covering roughly 1100 miles in under 24 hours. Since I've done these rides before I'm handling much of the routing but will get his input as well.

I've also picked up an old hobby from my youth, building model kits. This is a reasonably priced hobby allowing me to own and play with the cars I can no longer afford in the real world.

10. Dec 13, 2023 at 4:49 AM
    BkerChuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    I'm trying to find them on Amazon and asked her to look back through her old orders when she gets some time. The manufacturer is iDoon toys and the label is So-Go Autobike. They came in 12 different colors and the case was 4 or 5 pieces of each color.

TacoTyusday[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Dec 13, 2023 at 5:01 AM
    Hafaday

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA.
    Vehicle:
    Lovin the XT build!

nd4spdbh[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 13, 2023 at 5:20 AM
    Hafaday

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA.
    Vehicle:
    nd4spdbh and gixxerphil like this.
  13. Dec 13, 2023 at 5:35 AM
    Calamity_taco

Calamity_taco your friendly neighborhood weeb :3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    I have no idea. send help!
    Vehicle:
    2015 sr5 access cab, 97 & 98 civic coupe, 03 klx400, 2014 yamaha bolt
    just a couple of things tbh
    upload_2023-12-13_7-34-34.png
    man now buying this to strip down for parts and a front fork swap sounds nice lol

TacoTyusday, nd4spdbh and gixxerphil like this.
  14. Dec 13, 2023 at 5:36 AM
    FreshOldTaco

FreshOldTaco Well-Known Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    above the storm
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma
    I’m looking forward to that ride, a little intimidating but I like the challenge. I started a list of what I need to buy beforehand and things to pack. I’m fortunate to be riding with an Iron Butt veteran who knows how to plan these out efficiently, but that being said don't want it to all fall on you. I'm sure we'll ride and hang out before then, so we can talk it through and make sure we're good to go

BkerChuck[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Dec 13, 2023 at 5:56 AM
    BkerChuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    The first one is intimidating but just like losing your virginity once you get that over with it becomes a whole lot easier after that. Scariest part after having done some of these rides is that you might start looking at doing more of them. There is a list that I'd like to get the certs for. Not so sure Dianne would be supportive of some of them though......Like doing one over Christmas for example. Had some friends do that one right when that certificate was introduced, a Santa Sore 1000. 3 of them rode together, the 3 wise men, left Nazareth, PA rode to Marysville, OH then Star City, WV and finished in Bethlehem, PA which made for a very unique certificate.

50Buck and nd4spdbh like this.
  16. Dec 13, 2023 at 6:56 AM
    FreshOldTaco

FreshOldTaco Well-Known Rider

Member:
    First Name:
    kevin
    above the storm
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma
    I can see that, I've never done anywhere close to that far of a ride or really tested my limits. Learning what you're capable of definitely builds confidence. Also like you said the world gets smaller so hope that motivates me to do more rides like that. And the themed ones are cool, makes it all the more fun

BkerChuck[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Dec 13, 2023 at 7:07 AM
    gixxerphil

gixxerphil @concretelander

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Auburn, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    Have you guys seen the 2025 KTM 390 Adventure? Pretty sick little ride

2025-ktm-390-adventure-spied-6-1024x716.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

but why tho and nd4spdbh like this.
  18. Dec 13, 2023 at 7:20 AM
    but why tho

but why tho Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    Going with someone with so much experience like @BkerChuck really is a gift. I went into the first one with a ton of research but did it with an acquaintance I didn’t really know and luckily we both made it, but so many people underestimate the difficulty. I even had a friend (a newer rider) say he’d like to join and that he’d rent a bike for it.

The fact that you’re intimidated and are preparing for it is already an advantage IMO. If anything you’ll be over prepared.

19. Dec 13, 2023 at 7:28 AM
    BkerChuck

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    It can also be nice just having a second person there with you. While it's certainly possible to do these rides solo and I think most are done that way, it's nice knowing if something breaks you have another rider there who can offer help. I actually think I get as much form the planning as I do from the execution. I think that's why I've enjoyed rallying. It's how to solve the puzzle that makes it fun.

20. Dec 13, 2023 at 7:45 AM
    w.adventures

w.adventures Adventure is out there

Member:
    Nowheresville, SC
    Vehicle:
    2005 Lexus GX470 Family Hauler
    You don’t have any kids, just do it!

Products Discussed in

To Top