1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorcycles BS Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Sacrifice, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Dec 13, 2023 at 8:28 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto

Yup. Yamaha sold the winglets as an add on. China copied for 1/10th the price. I have some on my bike (Clear) and they make a good difference. I did use my own hardware to reduce flapping as I have a different than stock windshield bracket as well as the fact the Chinese rubber well nuts cracked to hell in a month.

50Buck[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Dec 13, 2023 at 8:31 PM
    50Buck

50Buck Living rent free Timmy the Tool's head

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2024 Ferd F150 XLT, 2019 Yamaha Super Tenéré
    I think it's because it's aimed at the BMW crowd, because it has all the same basics for a fraction of the price, but the BMW crowd buys the badge over the bike. That's not saying the GS ADV line isn't a capable or nice bike, but people eying that bike aren't shopping on the same budget that the ST comes in at. 100% honesty, if Honda made the Africa Twin with a shaft drive I don't know that I would have even looked at the ST. Kinda glad they don't, because I think the ST is the ultimate sleeper, and wouldn't be surprised if people don't even know what it is when they see it. Having the bike nobody knows has an appeal to people. Having anything others don't has an appeal and has even spawned an entire subsect of humanity that loved flannel, manbuns, starbucks, and thick rimmed glasses. Thank goodness the hipsters go for the BMWs!

nd4spdbh[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Dec 13, 2023 at 9:26 PM
    but why tho

but why tho Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    I’m editing my short review on it to put on Youtube. It kind of sucks but hey, I guess you don’t get better at something without being bad at it at first. :D

4. Dec 13, 2023 at 10:43 PM
    50Buck

50Buck Living rent free Timmy the Tool's head

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2024 Ferd F150 XLT, 2019 Yamaha Super Tenéré
    Looks like the CB500X is getting a new designation and redesign. It'll be the NX500 now, and looks like it's taking some design elements from the NC750X (see the headlights) and possibly a little inspiration from the Yamaha T7.

[​IMG]

One article said the USA likely won't see it until 2025, which fits the 3 year cycle the CB500X has had. Also said it's a little lighter (6-ish) pounds, has a new TFT with smartphone capability, and new fuel injection to increase pep from the same powerplant as the outgoing CB. NGL, I like the styling of the older bike more a, but it was definitely due for a new design. More pics in the link.

https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/honda-resurrects-nx-line-with-new-nx500-mid-sized-adventurer/

5. Dec 14, 2023 at 5:26 AM
    Calamity_taco

Calamity_taco your friendly neighborhood weeb :3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    I have no idea. send help!
    Vehicle:
    2015 sr5 access cab, 97 & 98 civic coupe, 03 klx400, 2014 yamaha bolt
    just a couple of things tbh
    could be a lot of things tbh. my buddy looked into them before he got his t7 and found it fast yes but not as fun as the t7. the t7 according to him is playful and fun enough to get into trouble around town or on the road. while the st he claimed was more relaxed for on road riding and eating up miles which he doesnt care for unless its offroad. which the t7 shines better at so my guess is offroad capability and the fun factor of the t7 is why the st was passed up by many people. including my self

nd4spdbh[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Dec 14, 2023 at 5:31 AM
    gixxerphil

gixxerphil @concretelander

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Auburn, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB

I'm about to watch this now. I like most of his vids.

7. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:17 AM
    spencermarkd

spencermarkd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Driftwood Pearl 4Runner
    I have beef with Chase. I used to watch him quite a bit before Brian left the channel, pretty much stopped at that point but it had been waning before then. He's not a good rider and he says a lot of wrong information. Plus the dude touches his hat too much :rofl: Every once in a while a bike he has interests me enough to hate watch and I haven't unsubbed from him yet haha.

He did a "first ride" on the Navi where he complained about how bogged down the engine felt the whole time but he had the freaking choke on for the ENTIRE ride. Like bruh, how can you do reviews of bikes and not know how to work a choke?

Edited to add: he's been a big CFMoto shill the last half a year or so, and before that a big ruroc shill. I just don't trust anything the dude says.

8. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:27 AM
    spencermarkd

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    Got my diode dynamic order over the weekend, lights look great, but I messed up and didn't realize the harness they suggested was for a full size vehicle, not for a motorcycle. Between the switch and lights is like 20 feet, it's huge :rofl: it'll be easy enough to cut the legs down. I'm just debating on if I want to buy a duetsch connector pack and add in more disconnects or just hard couple the wires together where I shorten it.

Should have noticed the dimensions in the top left right, whoops.

upload_2023-12-14_9-27-30.png

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  9. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:35 AM
    but why tho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    Which lights did you get, and will it before the F800? I’m curious how you’re going to wire yours up as I didn’t use a switch for mine and wired it straight to an ignition source. I wanted mine on all the time and didn’t want to forget.

For connectors I used XT30s. They’re not weather sealed but I’ve never had an issue with getting them wet in my RCs, and I haven’t had any issues riding through the rain on the Super Tenere either.

I’ve only watched a few of his videos but found that the reviews didn’t really add any useful info. Then again, I don’t think my videos are any better but it’s fun to try. I’m mainly trying to make videos as a way of getting smoother and more comfortable with my public speaking (speaking towards a camera is even more awkward than speaking to a crowd IMO).

50Buck likes this.
  10. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:39 AM
    but why tho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    I think the deflectors on the Super Tenere helped a bit. Still loving the bike, though I saw the range coming into work at 29 miles. I kind of panicked since I filled up on Tuesday, but then saw I’ve also ridden 190 miles on the tank since Tuesday night. :D

This bike sure loves to eat up miles.

Deathbysnusnu and 50Buck like this.
  11. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:40 AM
    TacoTyusday

TacoTyusday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tacoma TRD Baja
    my lord lol. and just when I think it can't get any more impressive...

...it does lol

BkerChuck[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:40 AM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto

~200mi to the tank is what I plan on for rides (it can do more if you are cruising) but @200 mi its about time to stop n stretch at least for me.

50Buck and but why tho[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Dec 14, 2023 at 9:46 AM
    but why tho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    I was hoping for 300 (6 gal tank, 50mpg) so I could do one work week without filling up. I’m hoping the new tires will bump my MPG up a little at least.

14. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:01 AM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Unless you keep it under 65 and are riding in altitude where the air is thinner, 50mpg is highly unlikely.

but why tho[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:04 AM
    spencermarkd

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, for the F800GS. I just got a pair of the SSC1 Sports in yellow, wide pattern (sorry SAE patterns/other drivers). They use the deutsch connectors on the back of the lights and existing harness, so I was just going to go that route because of that. I have just standard metric non-weatherproof molex connectors I've used on other bikes without issue, but figured it'd be a good excuse to update/upgrade my game.

The C1's have a "backlight" and a full on, 3 wire setup, so the supplied harness has a 2-way rocker switch. I debated wiring the backlight to ignition and have it be on all the time, but then i'd have to wire up another relay to turn it off when they go full on and that seemed like a headache. I do plan on wiring the power to the thing as a whole on the ignition though, so I can just leave it in the running light mode 90% of the time and not have to worry about shutting it off.

16. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:06 AM
    but why tho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    Mine have the backlight as well but I didn’t bother connecting it because they’re always on, so there would never be a time I’d need them anyways.

Actually, now that I think about it, the backlight could be wired to your turn signal so when the signal is turned on, the pod light should alternate between the main and back light.

17. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:10 AM
    spencermarkd

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    The more control I have over my battery draw, the better, weirdly. Cold weather + li-ion battery = uh.. fun. Having the ability to adjust the battery draw very granular-ly to heat up the battery internally and get full juice out of it before cranking over is nice to have. Whenever I try to crank it before it's warm and it drops too low, I have to reset my clock :rofl: Right now I use a combo of seat heater and high beam to get the internal resistance or whatever it is down, but again, more options mo bettah.

nd4spdbh and but why tho[QUOTED] like this.
  18. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:13 AM
    but why tho

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1991 Pickup
    Fair enough! The Super Tenere came with a Lithium battery but I’m not a fan of its low cca. I’m going to get a standard battery if this one croaks.

19. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:13 AM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto

Damnit those lil SSC1 LED pods are BITCHIN looking. I didnt need to see those.

20. Dec 14, 2023 at 10:14 AM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Which Lithium batt did it come with? My NOCO lithium on my tenere stone cold cranks the bike (which is a notorious hard on battery slow cranker) WAAAAAAAY better than the standard lead battery that it came with.

but why tho[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top