1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorcycles BS Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Sacrifice, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Jan 20, 2024 at 6:24 PM
    ridefreak

ridefreak Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB TRD
    minor tweaks
    Nice Dez weather right now :bikewhoops:

nd4spdbh likes this.
  2. Jan 20, 2024 at 6:26 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Where you at man ?

3. Jan 20, 2024 at 6:36 PM
    ridefreak

ridefreak Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB TRD
    minor tweaks
    Central NM

nd4spdbh likes this.
  4. Jan 20, 2024 at 6:38 PM
    BuzzardsGottaEat

BuzzardsGottaEat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Some Toyotas
    Round tires
    If anyone feels like posting random motorcycle trip photos you have laying around this 30 below weather has me two wheel depressed, thanks haha.

5. Jan 20, 2024 at 7:06 PM
    spencermarkd

spencermarkd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Driftwood Pearl 4Runner
    [​IMG]

upload_2024-1-20_19-3-50.png

https://dreamshop.honda.com/s/product/hand-guards/01t6g000007Ww1RAAS

It's a plastic mount next to your brake reservoir/clutch perch and then a "U" shape goes under the bar and forward to the plastic backbone. I'll measure how deep my clutch lever area is and what doesn't clear tomorrow.

Still wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get more clearance.. has to be a way that doesn't involve building a new mount. But I guess that is a possibility..

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jan 20, 2024 at 10:27 PM
    grdgz97

grdgz97 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Sport DCSB
  7. Jan 21, 2024 at 6:39 AM
    Calamity_taco

Calamity_taco your friendly neighborhood weeb :3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    I have no idea. send help!
    Vehicle:
    2015 sr5 access cab, 97 & 98 civic coupe, 03 klx400, 2014 yamaha bolt
    just a couple of things tbh
    all I got are my photos from Colorado last year lol

8. Jan 21, 2024 at 8:02 AM
    spencermarkd

spencermarkd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Spencer
    Pullman, WA
    Vehicle:
    07 Driftwood Pearl 4Runner
    My $0.02, jeans are god awful. They may be protective but they are uuuuugly. That backpack is sweet. $800 though :eek: Maybe when I wear my current bag out I'll look into it more. For daily commuting it'd be nice. I've looked at the Klim vest before (maybe two years ago?) but yeah, like he said the extra cost and/or subscription turned me way off. I know @but why tho runs a tethered vest on the daily.

Edited to add: slide resistant and armored jeans/pants are good in my book, air bag ones seem unnecessary

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    nd4spdbh and grdgz97[QUOTED] like this.
  9. Jan 21, 2024 at 9:38 AM
    Doc Samson

Doc Samson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Almost NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Sport
    None... yet.
  10. Jan 21, 2024 at 1:48 PM
    oldtoyman

oldtoyman Small bore freak

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    North of Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2012 Yamaha FZ1, 2019 Honda monkey , 2023 klx300 ,2013 prerunner TRD off-road
    Well didn’t get out for the ride because my anxiety hit Friday. I suffer from anxiety and depression. Have for about 10years now. I was on medication but when you feel good you make stupid decisions like I feel good enough to get off my meds. Well after I retired I thought my anxiety would be gone. I thought most of it was brought on by work. Well I am wrong. I stopped my medication around May (time release Xanax and sertraline) I take tarazadone for sleep. I realized I am not strong enough to do this without taking medication. It’s crazy when you have absolutely nothing to be anxious about but it happens and you can not stop it.
    So I decided I am going into the doctors this week and take care of myself. Tired of feeling good for a few weeks then for no reason bam anxiety. It can last from 1-3 weeks. I know lots of personal information but I feel talking about it helps me. Also it’s amazing how many other people suffer from the same thing but seem to do a good job covering it up so no one really knows.
    sorry for the long explanation.
    I hope everyone else is doing good. I should be feeling better in the next three weeks. Just have to stay as positive as I can, try to keep the horrific thoughts out of my head and don’t believe them.

11. Jan 21, 2024 at 1:53 PM
    gixxerphil

gixxerphil @concretelander

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Auburn, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB

From someone that just had a friend shoot herself 2 weeks ago(it shocked anyone who knew her). Good on ya for taking the steps to make yourself better :thumbsup:

Redeemed and oldtoyman[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Jan 21, 2024 at 2:07 PM
    BkerChuck

BkerChuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Etters, PA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport Blazing Blue Pearl
    Having known people dealing with issues like that I look at it much like diabetes. Just because I can't see it doesn't mean it's any less serious or real. Meds for mental health are just as important as meds for physical health. Stay strong and take the needed steps to stay healthy. I think all of us here value everyone else and are here to help each other any way we can. Take care and post up or PM if you need something.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    grdgz97 and oldtoyman[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jan 21, 2024 at 2:26 PM
    oldtoyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    North of Seattle
    Vehicle:
    I am so so sorry. That’s one part that scares the shit out of me. The thoughts are there but thinking about how it would affect my family keeps me from doing it.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  14. Jan 21, 2024 at 2:41 PM
    gixxerphil

gixxerphil @concretelander

Member:
    First Name:
    Phillip
    Auburn, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB

It was definitely a shock to folks. She absolutely loved her family(had 2 20 something boys and a high school senior girl). I feel so bad for her husband and the kids.

Personally(and I may seem like an asshole), I have seen enough death in the ER and know that it will happen to us all. I also know that she made the decision....however selfish I think it was. Maybe if she had talked to someone things may have been different. All just speculation at this point though.

15. Jan 21, 2024 at 3:25 PM
    woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Michigan
    I totally understand it brother. There is no shame in reaching out for help and some meds to help you with this. I too suffer from it but mine is diagnosed as situational depression and the anxiety can get really bad, feels like I'm having a heart attack. When it gets bad I see the doc too, again no shame in it. You owe it to yourself and those that care about you to seek help. Your not alone, it's not a sign of weakness, it just is. I can't always controll it either. But like me at least you recognize it and now you can seek treatment. It's horrible trying to deal with it on your own. People that don't suffer from it will never understand it, that's ok, we do.
    Hang in there brother, see the docs.

16. Jan 21, 2024 at 3:58 PM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Ahh gotcha. I prefer wrap around guards

Post up some pics of your issue we can crowd source the solution!

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  17. Jan 21, 2024 at 4:09 PM
    nd4spdbh

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    Props for realizing and reaching out for help. ZERO shame in that whatsoever! And if talking about it here helps please do! Also smart to not go out on the moto in that state, I deal with anxiety as well (not to the same extent) but when I'm in that state my brain just isnt functioning enough for fully aware moto riding.

Your diagnosis sounds very similar to mine. The first time I had an anxiety attack was summer of 2020. Relatively healthy, rarely need to go to the doctors, but during that time I was working 10-12hr days getting remote workers setup with gear cus covid things.

I had back to back evenings where my heart was racing, pounding out of my chest, rhythm all over the place thought I was having a heart attack (early 30s). But I'd didn't make sense, I could go run a mile without issue and never feel my heart like that. Ended up going to the doctor, EKG and echocardiogram confirmed all was good with my heart and it was deemed situational anxiety.

It's so weird when it comes on, usually during times of stress, but I have had it come on during good low stress fun times. So +1 to your statement, it's not a weakness, and no shame in going to the doc.

18. Jan 21, 2024 at 4:17 PM
    Doc Samson

Doc Samson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Almost NoVA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD Sport
    None... yet.
    At the risk of turning this into a "self help" thread... :D

I've been in the mental health field for a few decades and spent some time talking to a fellow counselor recently about my increased anxiety levels over the last year or so. He said said it is not uncommon for him to see that with folks as they get older. I'm not to the point of taking meds (natural supplements and exercise are working so far!) but it is a totally weird feeling to "know" I've got nothing to be particularly anxious about and yet... that's how I'm feeling!

@oldtoyman, Glad to hear you are taking positive steps! :thumbsup:

As for suicide (and I might be an even bigger a-hole!), I've seen the devastating impact it has on families and friends. Enough times that any feelings of sorrow are overwhelmed by the anger of what that person left for those who loved him/her to deal with the rest of their lives...

19. Jan 21, 2024 at 4:23 PM
    oldtoyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    North of Seattle
    Vehicle:
    Thank you everyone!! I have also been to the ER for thinking I was having a heart attack. Full blown panic attacks I have had three in the last 10 years. I know I am not alone. That’s is one problem with social media platforms that only makes you feel more like you suck. Everyone posting about how much fun they are having and that their life is perfect. That is one reason I gave up Facebook years ago. It made me feel more depressed thinking that everyone was living their best life and I was struggling.
    That is the one reason I like forums like this. I appreciate everyone’s honesty. Maybe this will help just one person realize they are not alone and things can and will get better. ❤️‍

20. Jan 21, 2024 at 4:25 PM
    Gunshot-6A

Gunshot-6A Prime Beef

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Offroad
    Honestly, I think social media and it's negative effects is going to be and in someways already has been found to be the "cigarettes for millenials". Great for connecting people across the world/country, but good hell it can wreak havoc on the brain.

Products Discussed in

To Top