1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorcycles BS Thread 2.0

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by Sacrifice, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mar 11, 2024 at 10:19 AM
    Wyckedan

Wyckedan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Woodinville WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Stormtrooper AC 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s.
    1 fully operational Death Star
    Yeah, he's a totally different breed. The fact he survived is insane. He also stripped it down into a streetfighter

2. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:18 AM
    TacoTyusday

TacoTyusday Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tacoma TRD Baja
    I wouldn't adjust, maybe at most an extra $100 or so, because most likely those tires, chain and sprockets are not the ones I would have chosen. So you'd just be paying him for the labor you would have had to do.

Looks good to me. What carrier did you go with?

I run my truck with Icons at stage 3. Granted I'm only hitch carrying a YZ250F but had no issues and rode really well, though i do have more weight on the rear leafs than just the bike/carrier. here's a pic if you have a chance in hell of seeing it lol. High clearance rear with dual swingouts, my full size spare, and GFC. No airbags, but they probably aren't a bad idea.

[​IMG]

800 miles a year? sheesh. that's too low for me...and to raise the price...I'd want it dropped because I'd be going all through that bike to evaluate and refresh nearly everything. And he'd better be covering the back fees.

3. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:28 AM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Had a good weekend working on the R3, didn't really get to ride as the first half of my saturday was spent working on the bike, and the rest of the weekend was dedicated to celebrating my best friend's birthday followed by recovery.

Noticed last week the radiator fins were absolutely ruined on the R3, not sure why my shop didn't notice or maybe they determined it wasn't a big deal RE: cooling and still worked good enough, but I couldn't stand it. Replaced the radiator, then added some adjustable levers to both brake and clutch, and a case protection package by Puig.

Gotta say, replacing a radiator is definitely the most in depth thing I've done for the bike and was much easier than I expected. just took a while because I had no idea what order the bolts should come out, and didn't really have the patience to watch fairing removal videos, so I just figured it all out along the way. Also had to re-burp the radiator a couple times, because I didn't think to install my water pump cover AS i was replacing the radiator, instead did it after the fact, so some of the coolant had to drain as I frantically removed the drain bolt and replaced it with the cover between lol. Buttoning it up was much easier than taking it apart, but as per usual I ended up with two extra screws that I had no idea where they were supposed to go.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and an honorable mention for you guys in here to fuel the bad (read: great) decision making

[​IMG]

4. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:28 AM
    Calamity_taco

Calamity_taco your friendly neighborhood weeb :3

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    I have no idea. send help!
    Vehicle:
    2015 sr5 access cab, 97 & 98 civic coupe, 03 klx400, 2014 yamaha bolt
    just a couple of things tbh
    ya i plan to do them since i tow a good bit and it would be helpful to adjust it. how do you guys adjust the amount in the bags?
    to much sag for me haha was awkward driving it. the carrier sucks tbh... its a harbor freight one i got for cheap since i hate loading bikes in the bed. ill use my trailer for super long distance.. but using the carrier is nice for no trailer and smaller compact setup.

ive been looking at the icon leaf packs and have wanted them but havent wanted to pay the cost just yet haha. ya the yz250 weighs about 100lbs less then the drz but you do have more weight then i do in the red truck. now my grey truck (if i can find the pic) had no issues lol but it was waaaay to tall the red truck is low and pretty easy to load on the back now!
    [​IMG]
    this is how my 13 looked when carrying it on 34s it was the worst damn thing to load haha

also yes the pic dont work haha ill have to look later unless someone screenshots it for me

5. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:32 AM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

Yeah, mine's on 33"s and lifted, so loading is a bitch. High curbs and a couple mx stands help a lot but I've also had to restructure my workouts for a lot more shoulder and upper chest strength work hahaha. In some cases the end of the loading ramp of my hitch carrier floats an inch or so above the ground and I just have to roll it on anyways. On more than one occasion I've recruited one of my roommates or a passing stranger to help me push it on. I've since bought a drop hitch extension to lower it a bit to help with loading and also so I can actually open my swingouts/tailgate when the carrier is on, since the current hitch is inside the bumper, not beneath.

I'll have to snag a pic of the truck from the side with the YZ on there, I don't think there's much sag at all when they're on Option 3. I also use a mototote carrier, wasn't sure I could bring myself to trust the harbor freight ones lol.

Calamity_taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:36 AM
    Calamity_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    yaaa it was a pain to load it haha i had to do the same thing high curbs or hills and always a friend or two to help putting it up there! and no way in hell am i gonna do workouts to lift that thing! im small lmao

ya lol hopefully i can see it when im back at home! goootcha im hopefully to not need anything super crazy since i dont need a lot of extra strength leafs... and yaaa i wouldnt trust that carrier it flexes waaay to much but it was cheap and i needed something that i liked better then loading it in the bed.

TacoTyusday[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:38 AM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    Super easy. The kits come with air line and push in fittings. Easiest way is run the airline back to the rear bumper, keep it away from hot and sharp things, and poke a hole in the bumper to attach the valve. Only takes a few PSI to raise and lower.

8. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:39 AM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Lol yeah if you can pony up the funds for the icons they'd work well for you I think. Option 3 is designed to keep the truck with just over a 1" lift with a constant 600 or so pounds in the bed, 2.6" with no rear load. P much the only times I do have that much weight on the rear is when I have the dirtbike in or am fully loaded for camping. But I don't mind a slightly rougher ride, considering i daily a supersport and came from a WRX lol.

As far as the workouts...I'm just trying to be able to push it faster before it hits the ramp and get that extra bit to get it past the breakover lol

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Calamity_taco[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:57 AM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
  10. Mar 11, 2024 at 11:58 AM
    gnarthirty2

gnarthirty2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
    Nice weekend to get out for some throttle therapy! Went back at sunset to watch the SpaceX launch but it was delayed. Bonus sunset photo.

IMG_5282.jpg
    IMG_5289.jpg

11. Mar 11, 2024 at 12:04 PM
    jordandogtown

jordandogtown Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jordan
    Central KY
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRDOR 6MT
    No photos, but I had already relocated my trailer connector but left the mount. I stuck the fittings in the leftover bolt holes and it looked super clean. Almost like it was meant for them.

12. Mar 11, 2024 at 12:15 PM
    Calamity_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    ah cool man thanks! i do have a compressor ive thought about putting in the engine bay to air up and down when needed so i could run lines to it.
    ya its wild i had a mess up a few years ago with finances and now im paranoid anytime i buy things over 200 bucks lmao so its hard to convince my self i need it anymore haha. unless its bike parts! ive always had trucks minus my lowered civic si and 98 civic lol so im use to softer

haha i gotcha!
    well idk since i cant see it haha

13. Mar 11, 2024 at 12:59 PM
    Fulton246

Fulton246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport 4x4 DCLB
    Sadly, my bikes are starting to fall into this category. I'm thinking about selling off a few starting with the 2008 Kawasaki ZZR 600 and 2013 Triumph Thruxton. Both are mint with around 5,900 and 2,800 miles on the odometer, respectively.

nd4spdbh[QUOTED] and TacoTyusday like this.
  14. Mar 11, 2024 at 1:03 PM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    Lol totally fair in that case

this is a huge reason why I haven't already changed out my R3 fairings for track dedicated ones. Wanna be able to ride it here and there on the streets when I want rather than have it be fully dedicated.

How much ya thinking of selling that thruxton for...hehe

15. Mar 11, 2024 at 2:12 PM
    Calamity_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    Yuuup I want to do things but life freaks me out anymore since things keep going up in price...

16. Mar 11, 2024 at 3:22 PM
    fatfurious2

fatfurious2 IG: great_white_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Ashburn, VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access Cab
    My neighbor got a R3 for his first street bike. I sat on it, and it feels like a little toy.

17. Mar 11, 2024 at 3:33 PM
    TacoTyusday

Member:
    First Name:
    Zac
    San Diego
    Vehicle:

It feels so weird compared to my bmw...toy sounds about right lol.

I can easily flat foot both feet, the bike between my legs feels significantly narrower, and even with new rearsets set up for the rearmost foot position, I still feel like I'm sitting on a naked lol.

18. Mar 11, 2024 at 3:40 PM
    Wyckedan

Wyckedan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Woodinville WA
    Vehicle:
    2014 Stormtrooper AC 2009 Ducati Hypermotard 1100s.
    1 fully operational Death Star
    Back about 10 years ago I had a cbr1000rr, also available was a Ducati 1098 I could ride whenever I wanted. My cbr felt like a fat cheap pig compared to the Ducati. The 1098 was significantly narrower, also a lot funner to ride

TacoTyusday likes this.
  19. Mar 11, 2024 at 5:08 PM
    Calamity_taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    Vehicle:
    upload_2024-3-11_19-8-45.png
    saw this and thought you all would think its also neat

20. Mar 11, 2024 at 5:26 PM
    nd4spdbh

nd4spdbh Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD OR v6 Auto
    That fuggin space x launch last night shook the whole house with its sonic boom here in Ventura CA.

My neighbor and I texted each other (we share one wall in a duplex) at the same time going "wtf was that you ok" lol.

w.adventures and 50Buck like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top