1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Motorsports GoPro HD 253.96 shipped on Amazon.

Discussion in 'Deals & Coupons' started by JLee, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Jun 29, 2011 at 2:25 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Sounds good. Well you might want to mess with it before the weekend comes around. I posted earlier but mine had issues with it freezing up and you had to pull the battery to reset it. I looked online and it seemed to be a common problem for some of these cameras. Just a thought that way you know your gonna get some good shots for the weekend.

2. Jun 29, 2011 at 2:27 PM
    JLee

JLee [OP] The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.

Yeah I plan on messing with it today or tomorrow

3. Jun 29, 2011 at 2:29 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Sweet, let me know if you have any questions. I extensively messed with mine before I had to send it back, haha. Remember to download the latest firmware to off their website.

4. Jun 29, 2011 at 2:40 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Im debating between go=pro and contour..have any videos so I can compare/
    thanks

5. Jun 29, 2011 at 2:48 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:

Look at the bottom of the first page.

6. Jun 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM
    carcharias

carcharias Giggiddy what what

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    Heheh. Looking at the specs they almost do the exact same thing. Contour has the edge, imo, w/ design, lasers, a turning 270deg lens, and additional lenses, to name a few. ;)

There are a lot of those side-by-side comparisons on YouTube. Funny hearing this guy say "movie" people like more washed out so they can color-correct in editing, which isn't accurate. What he means, like some of you photographers know, is that slightly over-exposed is better than underexposed to pull out the detail in post. Unfortunately, too overexposed, like the sky in the hockey video, blows out any detail and everything becomes white-washed. Over-correction of that scene will mis-match it w/ professional cameras or even a pro-sumer. The Contour had truer colors out of the gate, but both can be fine tuned.

See the brief video of Amir's truck driving over the Contour from this weekend (check it in 1080p, though). Kernal, notice the clean edges of video: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/so...76-gorman-again-june-26th-13.html#post3363537

Also, see the test in darkness w/ only a flashlight I did for mtnbiker (don't believe I uploaded in 1080p, though): http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/162927-contour-sports-cameras.html#post3332188

"Dirty Jobs" uses both Contour and the GoPro. FWIW Rowe personally prefers the Contour :woot:. On this new show we're using Contours, GoPros, and now a Drift.

And with that said, have fun with whatever cameras you choose and use, 'cause personal preference is what matters, and any video of people doing what they love is fun to watch. I'm off to AL for three months to play with all of these cameras, so let's see what new device they come out with in that time, 'cause technology is changin' fast!
    :rockband: ROCK IT!! :burnrubber:

7. Jun 29, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    I wish I new about the Contour before I just went and bought the GoPro. Anyone have any reviews on both cameras for motorsports? MX in general cause thats what I use mine for. But like I said before, the GoPro was the only thing I saw watching Supercross so thats all I thought was on the market.:eek:

8. Jun 29, 2011 at 10:48 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Kings all-around w/ 700lb coils, Dakar leaf pack, TC uca's, DO single hoop bumper, BAMF bolt-on sliders w/ kickouts, Rigid 20" e-series spot/flood, aFe pro-dry, BFG KM2 255/85/16, silver TRD FJ wheels, WARN M8000-s, Access LE, Grillcraft, BAMF lightbar, BAMF rear dif skid, BAMF LCA skids, window tint, Wet Okoles, WeatherTech floorliners, Silverstar lights, led dome lights, Redline Tuning hood struts, center console lock mod, mag-lite mod, extra d-rings, re-routed exhaust, ATO skids, ATO Hi-Lift mounts, pipe tailgate lock, seatbelt alarm delete, wheel/spare locks, Viper 5901, LoJack... WISHLIST: a golden canary that poops platinum
    :rofl: You were so dead set before! We'll use whatever your new camera is when we hit the trails on my return, k? fyi That major suction mount is at FilmTools on Burbank Blvd just West of the Victory/Burbank interchange in Burbank.

I don't have any other reviews, but I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you end up with. I only posted this stuff b/c I'm a photo/video snob. :wink:

Later!

9. Jun 30, 2011 at 1:53 PM
    JRockTaco

JRockTaco Just some guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Vehicle:
    '04 4x4 V6 Manual TRD Ext. Cab Lunar Mist
    Donahoe 2.5" coilovers, Camburg UCA, Deaver leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Elite front plate bumper, Demello Offroad rear bumper & rock sliders, K&N FIPK, Line-X, BAKFlip G2

That's a pretty fair price. We sell all the GoPro stuff at the shop I work at. I can get these for $250.00 to the door, if you're not in CA. If you're in CA there would be sales tax added.

I can also get all the accessories, like the chest mount, LCD bacpac, roll bar mounts, etc. at discounted prices. If anybody needs a hook up, just let me know.

10. Jun 30, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    carcharias

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 AC MGM OR
    Yeah, the remote is why we're using it. Well, that and they're free. LCD seems very small but still useable. Pretty large camera with a 170deg lens (wide!). Right now they're 3rd string cameras for us, but will let you know how they do when actually used.

11. Jun 30, 2011 at 10:11 PM
    JRockTaco

JRockTaco Just some guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Vehicle:
    Donahoe 2.5" coilovers, Camburg UCA, Deaver leaf springs, Bilstein 5100 rear shocks, Elite front plate bumper, Demello Offroad rear bumper & rock sliders, K&N FIPK, Line-X, BAKFlip G2
    Group buys r a pain. I do wholesale sales so I hook everybody up.
    Just pm me if you need anything.

12. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:41 PM
    JLee

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    Cool man thanks for letting us know I may be hitting you up for some mounts.

13. Jul 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Just got my replacement GoPro today so I hope this one works right. Douches need to learn how to ship packages though!! They put it in a box and didnt even add any filler to take up the empty spaces so it was enroute probably bouncing around everywhere!!:mad:

14. Jul 1, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    JRockTaco

JRockTaco Just some guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Vehicle:

Oh man. 1 thing I've learned is that it's hard to find a good shipper. Let me know how the new GoPro works out. Hopefully better than the last 1

15. Jul 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM
    JRockTaco

JRockTaco Just some guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, lemme know what you need and I'll check on the prices. Some of the accessories are on backorder right now but most are available.

16. Jul 2, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    New camera works great!! Finally happy now!! Took it out on the bike for a few rides and it was perfect!! There was about 2 little glitches while recording though for about half a second. I dont think the memory card could keep up with the recording.:cool:

17. Jul 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    Kernel

Kernel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 6sp Manual
    5100's all 4 corners, front at .85 with Eibach Coils, Rear TSB w/AAL, TRD Catback Exhaust, AFE Pro Dry S, Duratracs, redline hood struts, maglight mod, weathertechs
    Just ordered the ContourHD. Should be here early next week just in time for a kayaking trip.

18. Jul 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    The GoPro has some of that to depending on which way the wind is traveling.

19. Jul 14, 2011 at 10:30 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
  20. Jul 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Oh okay got yah. Well let me know if you need to know anything about the GoPro HD Hero.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top