1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mountain Man Limo-ILuvtheMountains DCLB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by NativeTaco, May 31, 2012.

1. Oct 22, 2013 at 7:25 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Definitely Marcelo! I am actually right now in the middle of swapping out my OEM chrome rear bumper with an OEM matte black bumper. I have to pick up one of the plastic covers I broke trying to swap the plastics. Here is my list of stuff to do:

Install rear bumper
    Clean, grind, paint, install a full set of skids-IFS to gas tank
    Install ARB and winch
    Swap chrome grill for satoshi grill
    Diff breath mod
    Bed mat security mod
    Bed mounted fire extinguisher mod
    Etc.

2. Oct 23, 2013 at 6:24 AM
    JLink

JLink Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Ocean, NJ
    Lifted, Locked, Armored. Ready To Wheel.
    Not bad, how bout you? Glad to see the kids are doing well. Your daughter has grown so much since I saw you guys in Moab!

I don't really have any plans for the big nig right now. Just maintenance and getting ready for winter snowboard trips. I've successfully gotten myself into a lot of debt for home improvements so no big truck mods anytime soon lol.

3. Oct 29, 2013 at 2:45 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco [OP] Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    Whoa, that is a list. I HAVE to get my sliders and skids refinished before the rust gets out of control. I keep having time when it is raining or snowing and have no time when it is dry enough to paint...FML
    I know, she is growing like crazy. It wasn't until we had James that i really realized how big she is getting.
    Anyway, I am planning on having a new bumper built to hold my winch, but I am having a hard time finding a way to get around while the shop has the truck. At first I was waiting for the wife to give the go-ahead, but the other night she said "I'm surprised you havent had your bumper built yet..." to which I said "If I would have known it was okay for me to get it done, it would be done already!" Now the weather is too cold to ride my motorcycle to work at 5:45 every morning and so I may have to wait until spring. First-world problems I know, but still, FML.
    Oh and home improvements are tough to do. Expensive, not as fun as truck mods, but when they are done, it is really nice. Hope to see you sometime, even though I can't go to Moab this next year due to a family trip to Hawaii.

4. Oct 31, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    l tacoMAS l

l tacoMAS l Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TRD Sport
    Debadged TRD Stickers, ~15% Tint all around, WeatherTech Digital Mats, WeatherTech Deflectors, OEM Short Bed Mat, OEM Roof Rack, 13" AntennaX, Pop-n-Lock Tailgate (electric), G4 elite Hard Tonneau Cover, Bolt-On APEX Sliders & IFS Skid, Thule 64" Rack, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff Skid, Hi-Lift w/ ATO Bed Rail Mounts, Future Mods: 3" OME lift w/ UCAs & 886s, New Wheels & Tires, Redline Hood Struts, Plastidipped Emblems, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Blacked Out Taillights
    That is quite a list Justin.. Here's some of mine for the near future:
    Redline Hood Struts - gonna try to install this Sunday if time allows, need a rivet gun 1st.
    Plasti-derp Emblems & maybe Wheels
    Diff Breather Mod
    Lift Kit - Decide on type (are y'all happy with yours thus far?), Purchase & Install
    New Tires & ?Wheels? - trying to decide on 16" vs 17" and possible rubbing/trimming issues

...and SOMEBODY has to go to Hawaii Travis... may as well be you.. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  5. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Marcelo, I love my Toytec ULK/Dakar lift.

Travis, got the rear bumper installed! The black looks WAY better than the chrome on my truck. I said f#&# sanding the rust on those Budbuilt skids. I spent 4 hours sanding one side of one skid and still have rust on it. I am going to have all five of the skids sandblasted for $100 by this company in Boulder and will just prime and paint them once they are finished.

6. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Nice! Got some body damage on bald Mountain today, and didn't even finish the trail. :( :(
    9e8uqy6e_8a1dc54f30e7e2544f8107acd4d0e226c5f24283.jpg
    aqe7u2y8_797ce30516e759017c0b1577213b8eaf6e85ce4f.jpg

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  7. Nov 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Might be karma for not inviting me....

what happened?

8. Nov 2, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I went with guys from another forum and I was chewed out for inviting people not on the forum last time. You wouldn't have wanted to be there anyway. 6 hours for 5 miles.
    I was on a narrow section of tippy trail and slid into a loose drift and up against a tree. I'm pretty bummed. If the paint hadn't chipped I wouldn't mind so much. I think I can pull most of it out but not sure what to do about the paint.

9. Nov 2, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    teamhypoxia

teamhypoxia MichelinMan

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCSB TRD OR
    Bummer man... If you want to do it on the cheap, you could probably knock out the dent, sand it smooth and we could cover it with an angle of vinyl?

10. Nov 2, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    l tacoMAS l

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TRD Sport
    Debadged TRD Stickers, ~15% Tint all around, WeatherTech Digital Mats, WeatherTech Deflectors, OEM Short Bed Mat, OEM Roof Rack, 13" AntennaX, Pop-n-Lock Tailgate (electric), G4 elite Hard Tonneau Cover, Bolt-On APEX Sliders & IFS Skid, Thule 64" Rack, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff Skid, Hi-Lift w/ ATO Bed Rail Mounts, Future Mods: 3" OME lift w/ UCAs & 886s, New Wheels & Tires, Redline Hood Struts, Plastidipped Emblems, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Blacked Out Taillights
    Good to know Justin.. thanks! Is there any discernible difference btwn the Toytec & the OME lift you know of?? I'm open to either option or even ICONs if the ride warrants the extra cost..

:(Bummer Travis!! Hopefully you're able to knock it out without any major paint repair cost..

11. Nov 2, 2013 at 7:59 PM
    Tonto27

Tonto27 We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    A bumper here, some tires there..... you know, stuff.
    LAAAAMMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

12. Nov 2, 2013 at 9:13 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I know. Maybe not chewed out but after that first moody run I got flamed by a few dudes. Mainly that dude with the old runner that kept breaking.

Unless you were talking about the body damage in which I agree with you totally. The traction was like middle saint vrain when we went but way narrower.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  13. Nov 3, 2013 at 5:42 AM
    Tonto27

Tonto27 We came, we saw, we kicked its ass!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Denver, CO
    Vehicle:
    2004 double cab
    A bumper here, some tires there..... you know, stuff.
    well, both but mostly being flamed. i just don't understand the reasoning behind it. it's not like we were holding up the group for hours on end like some people :rolleyes:

14. Nov 3, 2013 at 5:43 AM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Marcelo,
    I think the OME front shocks/springs ride better than mine, but as soon as my ARB bumper is installed, it should soften my coilovers up a little. I think the biggest difference is that the Toytec coilovers are adjustable whereas the OME is not. With the OME, I believe you can get a top plate spacer to give you an extra 1/2" and you adjust for weight by choosing one of three different springs. With mine, I just take two spanner wrenches and adjust it up or down as necessary.

15. Nov 8, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    l tacoMAS l

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TRD Sport
    Excellent Info Justin.. preciate it! I think I'd like to ride in your rig before I decide on either one just to get a feeling for stiffness... I can chat more with you about all that on your build thread and we can setup a time for all of us to get together for a beer/chat...

SORRY FOR THE THREAD JACK TRAVIS!! :D:threadjacked::spy:
    I hope you've been able to get your sliders de-rusted/re-painted with the warm days we've been having... any progress on the body damage??

Cheers!
    Marcelo

16. Jan 14, 2014 at 9:46 AM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Been a while since I posted anything in here and thought I should probably bring it back to the top so that she can be admired by all you Taco heads some more.

17. Jan 14, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    body damange FTW! :cheers:

18. Jan 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Yes Sir! It stung pretty good when it happened, but now I wear it like a badge of awesomeness. It is bound to happen if you wheel like you mean it.

19. Jan 22, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    Deathbysnusnu

Deathbysnusnu Work is just a daily detour to happy hour.

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Fort Crawlins, CO
    Vehicle:
    Vintage Tundra
    Dog, camper.
    Nice truck man, I think I've seen it around. Cool pic of you on Moody Quarry.
    As for the dent, chicks dig body damage.

20. Jan 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB

Thanks man! Do you have pics of yours? Wondering if I have seen you too. Have you run moody hill yet?

Products Discussed in

To Top