1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mountain Man Limo-ILuvtheMountains DCLB Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by NativeTaco, May 31, 2012.

1. Jan 2, 2013 at 7:34 AM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    Nice man! I just picked up a RotoPax 4 gallon can and will get the bed rail mounts for it. I'm saving up for sliders now and then the hi-lift will be next. My grill was sent back to the dude who made it. Hopefully it will be right when it comes back.

Justin

2. Jan 3, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    l tacoMAS l

l tacoMAS l Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB TRD Sport
    Debadged TRD Stickers, ~15% Tint all around, WeatherTech Digital Mats, WeatherTech Deflectors, OEM Short Bed Mat, OEM Roof Rack, 13" AntennaX, Pop-n-Lock Tailgate (electric), G4 elite Hard Tonneau Cover, Bolt-On APEX Sliders & IFS Skid, Thule 64" Rack, BAMF LCA Skids, BAMF Diff Skid, Hi-Lift w/ ATO Bed Rail Mounts, Future Mods: 3" OME lift w/ UCAs & 886s, New Wheels & Tires, Redline Hood Struts, Plastidipped Emblems, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Blacked Out Taillights
    Nice Lights Travis! ..they look pretty bright white! :cool:
    What type of Hi-Lift did you opt for? & from which 4x4 store in town??

3. Jan 3, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    NativeTaco

NativeTaco [OP] Mountain Man

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    ARB, OME, BAMF, ATO, Rigid, more... Mountain Man Limousine
    I just got the regular Hi lift, not the extreme. I got it in black at Jax home and ranch. it was only $62! I opted to get the off road base too for use in mud and snow. I thought it might help with stability on the pavement, but I feel like it might just break on the pavement. Not sure if that is sound reasoning.

The lights were $200 from John's 4x4 in LaPorte (WAY north Ft. Collins on College). I have never bought anything there before, but i like to support local business, especially when the price is the same as online sites. The dude was not really outgoing with info at first, but as soon as we started talking a bit, he opened up and was very helpful. I will try to keep going in there and hopefully make some friends to maybe get some future discounts. There is also a pretty sweet 1st gen that parks behind there.

4. Jan 3, 2013 at 4:31 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I love those Rotopax cans! I have some containers that are not nearly as useful or securable, but they are cheap and 5-gallon. The hi lift was really cheap at Jax Farm and Ranch, I would recommend going there to get one when you do (THanks Joey for the good advice!). They have a bunch of other accessories for the hi lift too!

5. Jan 7, 2013 at 9:53 AM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
  6. Jan 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    I had looked at those, but I like the extra clearance after the re route. Plus $596 for the three is awesome. I think I'm just gonna do it and get the re route when I can. No need to drive around with 150 lbs extra until closer to summer when I go wheel more.

7. Jan 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Ordered the front, transmission and t case skids from ATO today. Should be here in a couple weeks. :headbang:

8. Jan 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM
    NYCO

NYCO go explore...

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
  9. Jan 7, 2013 at 6:29 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Nice! Get a diff skid and you'll be Moab and lander ready :cool:

10. Jan 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Thats the one I started with:cool: then the LCA skids. Finish my sliders and get something for the tank and my belly will be protected. Then start trimming ass. :p

11. Jan 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM
    Blackdawg

Blackdawg Dr. Frankenstein

Member:
    First Name:
    Monte
    Wyoming/St. Louis
    Vehicle:
    The Trifecta of Taco's
    ALL OF THEM!...Then some more.
    Good plan!

:popcorn:

12. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Toytec ULK; OME Dakar leaf packs; Light Racing UCAs; OME carrier bearing drop; Toytec 3 degree axle shims; Toytec sway bar relocate kit; Toytec extended rear brake lines; ARE CX topper; BAMF rear differential skid; BAMF LCA skids; BAMF sliders; Budbuilt IFS, mid, transmission, and gas tank skids; HomerTaco mesh; River Rat 69 satoshi grille; Toyota Land Cruiser radiator grille emblem; tinted windows; Toyota all-weather floor mats; Toyota bedmat; I-Pod interface; block heater; ATO hi-lift bed rail mounts; HL-605 Hi-Lift; RotoPax 4-gallon gas can and bed rail mounts; mattgecko sliding window security bar; Sockmonkey decals.
    How do you intend on "trimming ass" Travis? A high clearance rear bumper? I will, at some point, do the exhaust reroute as well for clearance and do the front, transmission, and transfer case skids too. Let me know who does the reroute for you.

Got my RotoPax mounts today. I'm going to mount up my can tomorrow. Looks like it should be a pretty easy install. I only hope I don't have to pull the rail off first since I'm mounting it right behind the cab.

13. Jan 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Yeah thinking high clearance with a swing out that holds a spare. Not that I want my truck to be any longer, but I don't want the spare in the bed or under the tail. The wife isn't sold on cutting bedsides, but after awhile, she will just say "shut up and do it!" Then I will order my HC setup from cbi.

Oh and I don't know what the mounts are using, but if it's using the bed rails it depends on how your topper is attached. Rail mounted stuff will be a pain for me to change out in a hurry with my topper.

14. Jan 9, 2013 at 3:33 PM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Awesome choice! I love that CBI bumper. I don't know if that would work for me though since I sleep in the back while hunting, unless I just leave it swung open all night. I might have to think of a topper rack/tire mount solution. I'm still working on getting the boss to approve the sliders. I don't want to push my luck :)

15. Jan 9, 2013 at 4:52 PM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    My luck has already been pushed :D

16. Jan 24, 2013 at 8:36 AM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Looks like the skids are going to take a while longer than expected. :pout: Thats okay, I still need to get the reroute done. Did some snow bashing last weekend, but the pics never do the trip justice and I only got video of the two guys I went with. I was impressed with how the truck did in the deep snow considering I have open diffs front and rear and am still rocking my BFG AT KO. I did tear a pretty good chunk out of one of them. Can't wait to get some 'tracs. They are so expensive that I am thinking I might just fork out a few more dollars and get MTR w/Kevlar.

17. Jan 25, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    elk340

elk340 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '11 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
    Travis,
    Discount Tire on Fossil Creek in Fort Collins carries DuraTracs and will price match anybody. The trick is to find the cheapest set of DuraTracs you can find on the internet +shipping and they will let you purchase them for the same price. If you want another 10% off, you need to find someone in the military (me) to purchase them for you.

18. Jan 25, 2013 at 9:16 AM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Wow, great info! I may take you up on the military discount (only because I feel teachers should also get that discount too!), especially since I will be buying 5. But doing that favor will definitely get you a case of a beer of your choosing or a bottle if thats your thing, or you can call in a favor from me. At any rate, thanks for the heads up!

19. Jan 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
    Nyctoyota

Nyctoyota 9-11-01 Never Forget

Member:
    New York City
    Vehicle:
    12 Tacoma DCSB TRD off road
    You have a very nice truck. Please keep posting the mods as its giving me some ideas.

20. Jan 26, 2013 at 11:09 AM
    NativeTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Fort Collins, CO
    Vehicle:
    '08 DCLB
    Thanks man! I will be posting pics of my exhaust reroute and skids soon. I found out the skids will ship on feb 1st! :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top