1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounted USB ports for power

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by irshliquor, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Mar 24, 2009 at 3:10 PM
    irshliquor

irshliquor [OP] Member

Member:
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I have an iPhone, and I charge it using this. I have a 2009 Double Cab TRD Sport, and I'm thinking about figuring out a way to integrate this thing into the dash somehow. I have two blanks right next to the Aux Port (I have the 6 disc JBL system).

How do you guys think I should go about doing this? Should I buy a single 12v receptacle and hardwire it behind the dash, plug this thing in and somehow mount it to the dash? Take this thing apart and directly hardwire it?

Is there another option to add a couple of USB ports specifically for power to the dash?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mar 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM
    irshliquor

irshliquor [OP] Member

Member:
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Wow, just posted yesterday and already down to the 3rd page.

I guess what I'm looking for is someone who might have wiring experience and may be able to give me some insight on what to do to get this thing hardwired in so I can mount it behind the dash.

Thanks in advance.

3. Mar 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    There was a recent 'how to' about installing a DC outlet in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel. I like that idea because I could charge my phone in there when driving. Couple that with a handsfree bluetooth device and I am set!

4. Mar 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
  5. Mar 25, 2009 at 12:22 PM
    lsocoee

lsocoee My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
  6. Mar 25, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
To Top