1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mountek smartphone mount

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Snake~, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Nov 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    Anybody else have one of these - http://mountek.com/? I just got one and it works great. Seems really sturdy. Holds my EVO 4G stable and secure and in a perfect location for GPS. And it looks like the part that goes in the CD slot doesn't touch dust sheilds. This thing is damn near perfect.
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB
    Grillcraft mx black upper and lower BHLM with Gloss black 265 70 17 bfg a/t center console light mini mag mounted in center console debadged bed lights 35W 5000k HID's
    that's pretty cool, and well priced. pics of it installed in your truck?

3. Nov 2, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    Snake~

Snake~ [OP] Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    DFW
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCSB TRD Sport
    Autolumination Yellow fog light bulbs, Dynomax Ultra Flo muffler, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, tailgate security mods, TRD skid plate, DeeZee bed mat, Armor Lid tonneau, OEM roof rack, TRD center caps, Satoshi grille, Sockmonkey tailgate decal
    Here you go...
    [​IMG]

4. May 10, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC V6 TRDsport
    5100's all around - fronts at 1.75", 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo 2, HID headlights and fog lights, factory skid plate, ss exhaust tip, tube steps, Access roll-up tonneau cover, Redline hood struts, 6 D-rings, seat MagLite, LED dome, fumoto oil drain, DTRL, fog light anytime, Kenwood/Clarion speakers, Pop-N-Lock 5300, LED bed lights and a few other things...
    I bought the Mountek and love the placement of it. Problem is i cant seem to get it tight enough. I screw it all the way down but it can get knocked out of the slot too easily. Seems the feet that push up as you screw it in can bend and the whole mount falls right out. Im going to try addind some support or spacers.

Holds my galaxy nexus percectly and stays as long as you dont try to move it too much.

5. May 10, 2012 at 8:36 PM
    aznutx

aznutx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD
    cool didnt even know a product like this existed, thx OP, now to ask a question, does it damage the dust guard on the cd player? or warp it?

To Top