1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting Back Up Lights?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by sslongmuir, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Oct 21, 2008 at 1:48 PM
    sslongmuir

sslongmuir [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    95 single cab 2.7 on 33's
    Custom rock sliders
    I bought a set of flood lights from carquest and was wondering how others hve mounted thiers? I dont want mine to b on the bottom of the bumper where they mill get ripped off. i really want to mount them inside the bumper where the only possible damage will b backing into a snowbank or something and was wondering if anybody has tried this? pics?

2. Oct 21, 2008 at 1:49 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    i havent done it yet, but there may be a spot on the frame, closer to the bumper,outta the way to mount them. or right close to the outsides of the hitch if you have one.

3. Oct 21, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    sslongmuir

sslongmuir [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    95 single cab 2.7 on 33's
    Custom rock sliders
    That looks good. Mine are the aircraft landing light replacement bulbs so i dont know if they will work well with that configuration. ita a pretty narrow beam but i poinnt it straight and it works like i want it to. but thats from the bumper which is why i was going to mount them in it. wat kinda ;ights are those?

4. Oct 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    I have thought about doing this before and I thought about mounting mine to the receiver hitch. The only probably I see with this is drilling into the hitch may not want to do this even though it probably wouldnt hurt anything. Or you could just tack your brackets on there. May not be what you were thinking but its a thought

5. Oct 22, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    SRFIVE

SRFIVE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '04 SR5 TRD DC
    I've seen guys mount back-up lights IN the bumper. Sort of custom but pretty common up here in (snow) plow country. The cleanest installation I've seen is the ones that have a rubber seal around the outside, similar to what you would see on a trailer.

6. Oct 22, 2008 at 7:43 PM
    monoman

monoman Time to get dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Exotic, San Jose, Cal.
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma Dbl Cab 4X4
    I mounted 2 of those utillity type lamps using one of those bolts that are on the end cap of the tow bar. They are up high enough so they shouldn't get caught up on anything. At least they haven't yet. They give off some pretty good light too. I've got it set up to a switch in the cab though. One of these days, I think I'm gonna connect em to the back up light wires.

PICT0119.jpg
    PICT0121.jpg

To Top