1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mounting Hi Lift Jack in Regular cab Tacoma

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas' started by tnclimber, Jan 22, 2010.

1. tnclimber

tnclimber [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 4 cyclinderTacoma
    I was having problems finding an place to put my new Hi Lift Jack. I have regular cab Tacoma with a bench seat. Here is a good solution if you want to keep it out of the way instead of mounting it outside the vehicle or in the bed. The bracket I screwed the bolts into were already there in a stock Tacoma. Just buy the bolts and washers and screw them in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The screw holes in the bracket behind the seat are Metric 6. I have the seat all the way back and it does not cause an issue with hitting the jack.

2. MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas/Iowa/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    04 5 Lug Xtracab
    Fabtech 3" Spindles, 2" Beefed Shackles, Front light bar with 4 7" HIDs mounted, Magnaflow Exhaust, and "Taco" Badges
    Sort of off topic, but I see you have a bazooka. How big is it and how do you like it?

3. tnclimber

tnclimber [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 4 cyclinderTacoma
    Bazooka is a 6 inch 150 watt with amp built in. I have a sub controller attached as well that runs under the seat and mounts onto the console. I ordered the 8 inch to start but it was to big and I had to return it. The 6 inch is great for the space I have in a regular cab truck. I have friends that have 2000 dollar systems that think this sub sound nearly as good as theirs but for a fraction of the cost and effort to install.

4. BRP27

BRP27 When I grow up I want to be just like Me

Member:
    So far south in Texas my feet are in salt water
    Vehicle:
    04 4X4 Tacoma SR5
    3 in Ultimate ToyTec, set @ 2.5 in. AAL PINCH Weld Mod ( beat the pinch weld over inside the fender) Painted the pinch weld on bottom of cab Black Hi Lift Knock off
    I have an 04 access cab and I am considering mounting it in the back. I could take it out and put it in the bed if I ever need the back seats

5. MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas/Iowa/South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    04 5 Lug Xtracab
    Fabtech 3" Spindles, 2" Beefed Shackles, Front light bar with 4 7" HIDs mounted, Magnaflow Exhaust, and "Taco" Badges
    Thanks and the jack looks great. Was it always bare metal back there or was there some type of upholstery on it before?

6. tnclimber

tnclimber [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 4 cyclinderTacoma
    Mine was all metal. I guess they could put upholstery. I wondered why they bolt holes were there. I just didnt want to mount it to my bumper and I dont have space in the bed. I travel and sleep in the back alot. I need the space for supplies.

7. tnclimber

tnclimber [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 4 cyclinderTacoma
    Oh, If you want to do this with the bolts that I have. I ordered them from McMaster.com. They were hard to find.

To Top