1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mouse in the wall...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Veccster, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    I'm tired of this freaking thing scratching and clawing all day long. It sounds like he is stuck and I just hope he dies soon.

It's freaking my damn cat out. He sits beside the wall all day long and just stares.

I guess it's going to smell for a few days once it dies :confused:

2. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    toast

toast Well-Known Member

Member:
    ask the one in your pocket

3. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Get you a key hole drywall saw and make a small hole in the wall and let the cat have at him.................or get a gun, put it to the wall,and pull the damn trigger.............make sure their is no one on the other side of the wall before you shoot.............oh and I have news for you....that smell will last a long time.....and if heats up,the smell will get allot worse...........

4. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Ya I don't think the smell will only last for a few days. All the juice are gonna get soaked up by the drywall and wood. That might last for a while.

5. Nov 17, 2009 at 8:56 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    x20,000

6. Nov 17, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    Ghost96Romeo

Ghost96Romeo What is the Search Tab for????

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-Road D-Cab
    3" Pro-Comp Suspension Lift AAL Rear w/TSB, All-Pro Plate Bumper, Lightforce 240 Blitz lights, Lund Genesis Roll-top Bed cover, K&N Filters, Spidertrax Wheel spacers, Built-by-Me Rock Sliders, Jeep Tow-Hook, Black Leather seats, 48"Hi-Lift Jack mounted in the bed, Blacked out TRD Rims, BHLM, FLM..... and Awesomeness
    put the cat down the wall too....

7. Nov 17, 2009 at 9:10 PM
    Aalders

Aalders Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Logan
    Dover, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD off road
    Pop-n-Lock Tlailgate handle, TSB Rear Leafs, 12V bed outlet, Back up camera in mirror mod, Roof Rack, TRD Exhaust, Front Skid Plate, Running Boards, 4 100w KC SlimLites, Westin brush guard, Fog lights in the bed pockets, extra D rings in the bed, Fog light mod, seat belt chime mod, 75,000 candlepower StreamLight rechargeable flashlight
    lol this happened to me this weekend. it was freaking my wife out that i would pause the TV every time i herd this strange sound. i eventually narrowed down the possibility's to a mouse in the wall.... crazy

8. Nov 17, 2009 at 9:53 PM
    RedruM29

RedruM29 Blinking Car Mod...

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Nor☆Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 trd sport 4x4
    Just enough, and never enough
    cat in the wall eh?

9. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:19 PM
    AvsFanTRD

AvsFanTRD Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD Off Road Black
    rear suspension TSB, sockmonkey bed decals, weathertech floor liners, TRD seat covers, tailgate pop n lock, rear diff breather relocation, center console lock, Viper Alarm, extra D-rings in bed, 5100's on all 4 corners
    As was discussed with another thread about a spider, burn the house down.

10. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:39 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I would recommend hiring an Exterminator to come in and get rid of it. Chances are when there is one mouse or rat, there could be more!
    They will usually hang out in the attic nesting, and drop down into the kitchen for food and other places.

The Exterminator can set traps up in the attic and along the walls, and make sure they block off all of the ways they can get in.

11. Nov 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    i had the same issue a couple years ago. I just snapped cause the wifey kept nagging me to fix the issue so i stood at the wall waiting for the thing to start chewing. As soon as i heard it i punched the shit out of the wall and got lucky and smashed the F%cker It turned out to be a freaking rat the size of a ferret. He was chewing through a "fire blocker" to go down to my downstairs form the attic little bastard. I just refinished the wall and set rat traps all over the house. Living on a farm in the fall all the critters like to find a cozy house. It was funny because for two weeks we had mouse traps and id hear it trip in the middle of the night with no results. Mouse traps didnt even phase him.

12. Nov 17, 2009 at 11:13 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    Use these kind of traps, you can put peanut butter on them. There is also a different one called the T-Rex.

[​IMG]

13. Nov 17, 2009 at 11:16 PM
    branct06

branct06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    norcross Ga. and High Point Nc.
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 black sr5 long bed trd sport
    super 40 flowmaster turned down before rear axle, k&n intake, ipod interface, 20% 3m tint all the way around, grill craft mx series grill with 2 hella 500 behind the grill, 2 55 watt halogens mounted on uws black low profile toolbox, 3'' toytec ultimate lift kit sitting on black xd monsters and 285/65/18 BFG A/T, HID headlight kit
    just light the house on fire.... should take care of the mouse problem........

14. Nov 18, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    some pretty good ideas here lol...

seriously though, you should consider cutting a small hole in the wall to get it out. idk how bad them things smell when they die

15. Nov 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    I had a small mouse in one of my walls once too, and my cat did the same thing, just sat there staring at the wall. Luckily it was a wall with cabinets on one side of it. Just used a hole saw to cut a small hole in the back of the cabinet and through the drywall, set a trap up in the cabinet. About 2 minutes later "SNAP!!" :D Put a cover plate like this over the hole at the bottom of the cabinet and no one will ever know.

16. Nov 18, 2009 at 6:32 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    OK, I know this must be coincidence but..........we had that in the ceiling over the bedroom keeping the wife up at night. Had some of those bs ultrasonic deals you plug in the outlets(not sure why or where from). I put one in the attic, one in the bedroom underneath the noise & 2 others in other side of the house. Wasn't expecting much but haven't heard it again since then. Didn't catch it in the sticky traps either. Callin it good so far.........

17. Nov 18, 2009 at 7:10 AM
    Veccster

Veccster [OP] bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Wow...tons of ideas here! I am afraid if I burnt the house down (which was considered), he would escape before dying a painful death. I can't live knowing I am out of a house and he is back on the streets.

Working on that...

Well, the wall he is in is shared by the bathroom so I could just blame the smell on something else :spy:

Strongly considered this but the wife veto'd the idea. I hate the cat and I hate mice. Both problems go away if I drop the cat down there.

First mouse in our house in about 3 years. But the cat had one injured on the floor just last week. I thought it was a fluke that he got in there but now I'm convinced we have a nest somewhere.

No exterminator necessary...I like the challenge! Got some traps set up and poison pellets strategically placed atop the drop ceiling. Or I'll just hope they keep falling down between the studs like this little sucker did.

No shit...you actually went Chuck Norris on his ass! Thats frickin' awesome!
    I'd probably hit a stud and break my damn fist.

I got traps set for any brothers that may exist. If they can get the cheese without a snapped neck, I think the poison pellets will get 'em.

Yeah, I'm definitely not into mouse-friendly traps. I want a trap that cuts the focker in half! This thing looks mean...I'll look into that!

One side is the bathroom but the other is my bar with cabinets. I could remove the kickboard and drill a hole. That is a damn good idea.

My only fear is that the trap won't get him and he'll live on with the possibility of producing more baby mice.

Maybe I should just let him rot and know that he's not reproducing :confused:

Again, no sticky traps for me. I want instant death.

18. Nov 18, 2009 at 7:16 AM
    Outlaw

Outlaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2006 GX470
    Water Pump, Timing Belt, Sparkplugs, Plastidip Grill emblem
    Its probably eating the cat food...
    Only way to discourage them is to keep your house clean. Bleach clean.
    If you leave cat food out or anything they will come.
    Leave traps (STICKY or Snap)along the wall.
    Bacon or nut butters make a good bait. You might try putting a trap in the air ducts, just make sure you can access it. Good Luck!

19. Nov 18, 2009 at 7:19 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Any one use the five gallon bucket trap?

you will need: 1 five gallon bucket
    1 20oz soda bottle
    1 old wire coat hanger
    1 small wood plank.

take the bottle and put a small hole in the center of the cap and a small hole in the center of the bottom of the bottle.

Straighten out the hanger and run it through the bottle holes and secure the hanger ends to the top of the bucket. the bottle should be able to free spin. put Peanutbutter on the bottle and put about four inches of water in the bucket. Prop the plank to the edge of bucket so the mouse can climb on to the bucket.

When the mouse climbs onto the bottle it will fall off into the bucket and drown and you can catch multiple mice in one trap. Be sure to check and empty it often. we use it up to the hunting camp and it works great. Sorry for the long post.

20. Nov 18, 2009 at 7:22 AM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    And just an FYI, if he is in the walls, he can get out the same way he came in. they can climb damn near anything. and fit through holes a third of their diameter.

Products Discussed in

To Top