1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Movie/TV review or what have you seen lately?--- "Top 10" of all time?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Markcal, Jun 5, 2016.

?

What is the greatest movie of all time?

1. The Godfather

13.0%
  2. A movie other than the Godfather

87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 12, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    Markcal

Markcal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    There is a real "spooky" (pun intended) coincidence, with 2 movies with the same title, but made 1 year apart. One is so bad it's a must see and the other is average, but not great horror movie.

"Mischief Night" (2014) is a movie that true anti-horror fans would enjoy, because the acting, plot, and crazy twists make this movie so bad it's good.

"Mischief Night" (2013) is an average horror movie that has you rooting for the main character who is blind and had one of the biggest jump scares, so be prepared. I cared about the characters, but still trying to figure out why she and her family are being hunted as they were.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. Aug 12, 2016 at 10:29 AM
    Markcal

Member:
    I was never a fan of hip hop genre, but I agree with you on them doing a good job. It just shows that with hard work, perseverance, and passion you can reach your dreams. This was almost a 3 hour movie, but it really only seemed half as long.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  3. Aug 12, 2016 at 11:15 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Just caught a matinee of Suicide Squad. It was a bit of a mess but decent enough. Jared Leto wasn't the best joker (but that is impossible now because Ledger was brilliant) but I think with more screen time he will be good. Margot Robbie is just too easy to look at so she is great at anything. Will Smith was actually my favorite as Deadshot. I really thought he was going to be the worst. It is really really obvious how far behind DC is to Marvel and that they are trying hard to catch up with a lot of forcing in their movie universe but I have hope for them...

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 15, 2016 at 9:36 AM
    Markcal

Member:
    Check out this short film called Code 8 I found on Youtube, from this preview the future movie looks interesting. Code 8 is an action/science fiction short film, produced as a proof of concept for a feature film version to be filmed later this year. Tell me what you think.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqO90q0WZ0M

ImplicitlyAlberta likes this.
  5. Aug 15, 2016 at 10:36 AM
    Markcal

Member:
    I was hoping Suicide Squad would be more like Guardians of the Galaxy (as that was an awesome movie), but as you stated it was a bit of a mess, plot wise and pacing of the movie in general. I think it would've helped if they had fewer incarcerated supervillains and concentrated more on them forming a bond to destroy the entity. I had a hard time watching Jared Leto as the Joker and agree with you that Ledger was so brilliant in that role, which will forever set the bar high to make you truly believe they are the Joker. Margot Robbie and Will Smith saved this movie from being totally unwatchable, as did the music tracks played too.

6. Aug 15, 2016 at 3:43 PM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Margot Robbie just needs to stop kidding herself and realize that she's my soul mate. She ignores all my letters.

7. Aug 15, 2016 at 4:55 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I'm sure yours and million others...just use google and your imagination :jerkoff:

8. Aug 15, 2016 at 7:30 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    Just finished Dexter for the second time. :thumbsup:

9. Aug 16, 2016 at 4:01 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I really liked seasons 1-5 and 7. I didn't like season 6 and hated the 2nd half of season 8 (final season). Great show though...

Started 'The Night Of' last night on HBO. Interesting pilot. Will watch more tonight...

10. Aug 16, 2016 at 6:48 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I've seen that around, what's it about? It looks like the interrogation and they back track the story from there? Kinda like The Usual Suspects or something?

11. Aug 16, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I've never seen that so I don't know if it is similar, but if you've seen Sin City it kind of parallels Marv's story with the hooker:notsure:

Not sure how to explain the story without giving spoilers, so proceed with caution..

The quick and dirty - a guy meets a lady and they end up hooking up. He wakes up later and she is dead. Cops think he done it but he has no memory from the moment he fell asleep to waking up to finding her dead, nor do we as viewers have any insight into that lapse of time...

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  12. Aug 16, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I've seen a few movies like that.

13. Aug 21, 2016 at 8:11 PM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    I caught Suicide Squad because Margot Robbie. She did well but the movie was not great. I don't regret watching it but feel like I need the plot explained to me and there needs to be a redo where the bad guys die in it.

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  14. Aug 22, 2016 at 4:09 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    My opinion of all he current DCEU films is to give them time. Marvel came out of the gate knowing they were going to do the MCU and their movies were created to gel together and they did it so perfectly that all others who try and copy are going to seem like 2nd rate movies. Since Man of Steel came out as a stand alone and then they decided to create the DCEU everything is trying to fit into the world created in that single movie. Once they put out Justice League and maybe even the solo Afleck batman movie go back and watch the other DCEU films and they will make more sense and flow better...

15. Aug 22, 2016 at 1:54 PM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Maybe I'm not the intended audience for these movies. I don't usually like superhero movies but I believe they shouldn't have made it necessary to watch the previous movies to know what's going on. This is because Margot Robbie is in the film. Was Margot Robbie in any previous films in this role? I don't think so. I wish there would have been some explanation as to
    why Superman is dead?

Also anyone else that watch the film
    wish that the bad guys that were the good guys won? There was no reason for the Waller lady to live. She should have died in a most satisfying way. So should the soldier and his stupid girlfriend.

16. Aug 22, 2016 at 2:05 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    PM'd for ease of spoiler free conversation...

Winker[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Aug 22, 2016 at 2:09 PM
    PerfectTekniq

PerfectTekniq I'm undefeated in the UFC.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pepe Silvia
    Claremont, CA
    Vehicle:
    2009 Super White 4x4 DC SB Sport
    AllPro Front, AllPro Rear w/ wraps, AllPro IFS Skid, 5100 w/ 885's upfront, Duratracs, Front Superbumps, BuiltRight UCAs, Dakar Leaf Pack, Extended 5100's, AllPro Flip Kit, Rear Superbumps, Extended SS brake lines WeatherTech Floormats, TRD Intake, ScanGaugeII, TRD SoCal, Grillcraft, Wet Okoles, Cobra 75 w/ 4' whip
    Is there such thing as a 3 way PM? Not sexual obviously, but I could contribute and don't want to ruin it for the rest of them.

Winker and ThunderCookies like this.
  18. Aug 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Added...let me know if you can't see the prior message

19. Aug 28, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    LMarshall73

LMarshall73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Cocoa, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB TRD Sport
    I've watched Range 15 twice in the past week (it's on Amazon & BluRay). For an almost completely crowd funded movie (starring combat vets instead of Hollywood actors) it was a whole lot of fun to watch. Definitely not one to watch with the kids around...

20. Aug 28, 2016 at 8:35 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Watched the finale of The Night Of tonight. Good little mini series if you like crime thrillers. Really good acting and every episode had me engaged and guessing through the finale.

They showed a lot of promos for westworld and I'm pretty pumped for that now!

Markcal[OP] likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top