1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Movie/TV review or what have you seen lately?--- "Top 10" of all time?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Markcal, Jun 5, 2016.

?

What is the greatest movie of all time?

1. The Godfather

13.0%
  2. A movie other than the Godfather

87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 31, 2016 at 5:41 AM
    Markcal

Markcal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I agree with you about "the night of", as I enjoy a good crime thriller. One thing that had me puzzled was seeing the credits before the movie started and had James Gandolfini as the Executive producer, when I know Gandolfini passed away from a heart attack in 2013. Being a fan of Gandolfini I learned he was the Executive producer; posthumous credit and it was the last movie he was in. I guess before his death Gandolfini was going to play Naz's lawyer, John Stone (John Turturro) then Robert De Niro declined, but finally John Turturro was given the role and think between his eczema/cat he was the perfect choice. They say more here: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/03/a...picks-up-where-james-gandolfini-left-off.html

and here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BSjUE98OJ8

2. Aug 31, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    Markcal

Member:
    I remember years ago watching this cool show called BattleBots and was sad when it was discontinued. I just finished watching the 2016 reboot and all I can say is they did it right and enjoyed these battles even more than the original. It makes me want to try to design my own battle bot and compete against other bots. :D :bananadance: :quickdraw:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LakbeWutZic

DrFunker and mbarbay like this.
  3. Aug 31, 2016 at 6:12 AM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Yep - I had heard about this mini series as soon as HBO picked it up when Gandolfini was still a part of it. John Turturro was great so I don't know if Gandolfini could've done much better in that role...

4. Aug 31, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    Markcal

Member:
    I'm partial to anything Gandolfini is in, but Turturro had me cracking up when he made his first appearance in this series. Making Stone so human with everything he was battling was kind of like the Sopranos and I cared about everyone in it, the seriousness combined with humor was perfect. I think I read somewhere that the director was thinking of making a season 2 of "The Night Of".

5. Aug 31, 2016 at 7:30 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    I've seen that too - in line with how they did True Detective. Each season consisting of it's own story/characters. Hopefully they can do better with season 2 than True Detective did though...

6. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:12 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    We just started watching The Night Of, we are thru episode 3 and liking it. We will probably watch the next 3 tonight.
    We binged 'Stranger Things' in one sitting and really enjoyed that.

Markcal[OP] and ThunderCookies like this.
  7. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:20 PM
    mbarbay

mbarbay Well-Known Member

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma BBP DCSB LTD 4X4
    We (me and my GF) watch every one of them...they are fantastic

Markcal[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  8. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    Markcal

Member:
    Yeah, I think the technology is only getting more advanced in the robotic field, with the creative designs getting better and better. I like how a lot of the teams are families working together, especially daughter/sons working with their parents and it's just good wholesome clean fun, but some of those bots are unbelievably deadly. Those smaller bots with the massive flame throwers really gave me a deep belly laugh, as they were protecting the mother bot. :bananadead:

mbarbay[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Just watched 'The Loft' I think it is from 2014...

Had a pretty big named cast (Karl Urban, James Marsden, Wentworth Miller) for being a low budget not so heard of movie IMO...

Your basic murder mystery story. Kept me guessing and engaged through the end. Definitely guessed wrong. Way wrong…

10. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:54 PM
    mbarbay

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    Alright I got some so horrible that they are actually pretty good movies:

1) any of the Feast movies
    2) any of the Tremors movies

Its extremely hard for me to put favorite's on movies, but some recent movies that i thought were pretty good:

1) Red & Red 2
    2) Kingsmen: secret service
    3) John Wick
    4) Deadpool
    5) The Martian
    6) Now You See Me (can't wait for the second one)
    7) Jurassic Park and Jurassic World (the other two weren't as good)
    8) Agreed that Pacific Rim was awesome
    9) I personally love all the Fast & Furious (hopefully it doesn't get weird without Paul, RIP)
    10) Zombieland
    11) I actually really liked Blended

Other movies that I really enjoy that others might not be into:
    1) the Final Fantasy movies
    2) Studio Ghibli films. (If you have kids, you must show them these movies, they are fantastic).

Oh and I have to give a honorable mention for two really bad films:
    1) Human Centipede (seriously that is some f'd up shit)
    2) Titanic II (yes it exists and is a thing, and you almost have to watch it, just to say you saw it)

11. Aug 31, 2016 at 1:59 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I like your 1-11 list

9) I personally love all the Fast & Furious (hopefully it doesn't get weird without Paul, RIP)

It won't because Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson...duhhhhhh

mbarbay[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Sep 3, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    SH7mi

SH7mi YotaWerx Pro Tune PA MD DE NJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    West Grove, Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tacoma DCLB OR Black YotaWerx Tune
    AE manifold spacer Bed lights Seat Jackers Blackvue Dashcam YotaWerx Tuned Fumoto Oil Pan Valve
    The Night Of was very good and well written, a little graphic for me but good show all together. I hope our justice system is not actually like that.

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  13. Sep 3, 2016 at 6:56 PM
    Markcal

Member:
    Sad to say, I feel this movie does reflect reality in our justice system and wouldn't want to say more without using a spoiler tag for people here that haven't watched the whole series.

14. Sep 6, 2016 at 3:19 AM
    coffeesnob

coffeesnob Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2010 access 4 cyl 2 wd
    We just saw "come hell or high water" Like most movies you pay for at the theater I should have waited to rent it. A decent movie and Jeff Bridges was really good but but 23 bucks for 2 tickets with arm rests that are uncomfortable is not worth it. And who can afford to buy snacks? We was gonna buy water but they wanted $4.79 for a bottle of water!. Plus I didn't enjoy watching 10 movie previews before the show started.

15. Sep 6, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    mbarbay

Member:
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Vehicle:
    saw Star Trek: Beyond this weekend.....they did a good job with it...much better than the 2nd one

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  16. Sep 6, 2016 at 3:03 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I've recently become a big Jake Gyllenhaal fan. I don't think I ever did not like him but I've found myself really enjoying his movies recently.

Just watched "Demolition" and thought it was going to be a depressing drama but I actually laughed quite a bit and really enjoyed it. His character was awesome and felt real and I could really relate to him.

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  17. Sep 7, 2016 at 6:54 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    Speaking of Jake G. I liked Source Code. I haven't watched Broke Back Mountain, not something I'd be interested in watching

Markcal[OP] and ThunderCookies like this.
  18. Sep 7, 2016 at 7:07 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Ha - I saw that one many moons ago and I didn't hate it. Definitely a strange concept but the acting was good...and a surprising amount of boobs :notsure:

19. Sep 7, 2016 at 3:37 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Just watched 'Everybody Wants Some.' I was skeptical. I figured it would be a 'Dazed & Confused' try-hard. I actually really enjoyed it. I don't even think I liked Dazed & Confused that much, but that movie is a classic for one-liners and 'popular' because of all the people who were in it that are now big time. Everybody Wants Some has potential as it is a classic college/party movie set in the 80s and the acting is really good. I wouldn't be surprised if in 10+ years we are talking about one of those boys being big time and saying 'remember when they were in Everybody Wants Some?' Definitely worth the watch if you like that type of movie...

20. Sep 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I thought about watching that a couple times. May check it out this weekend.

ThunderCookies likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top