1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Movie/TV review or what have you seen lately?--- "Top 10" of all time?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Markcal, Jun 5, 2016.

?

What is the greatest movie of all time?

1. The Godfather

13.0%
  2. A movie other than the Godfather

87.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 30, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    ThunderCookies

ThunderCookies This is the Wait

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
    Yup. I've been circling it but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Waiting for a month where there are a few movies I want to see

2. Oct 24, 2017 at 12:09 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    mbarbay likes this.
  3. Oct 24, 2017 at 12:55 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    5100s at 2.5 setting up front 5100s with 2" AAL around back TC Uniball UCAs 285/70/17 Fierce Attitude M/T SCS Ray 10s 17” 14" Magnaflow w/3.5" Stainless Tip SOS aluminum armor front bumper SOS high clearance rear bumper Stealth grill light bar and pods 4" Westin Nerf Bars Weathertech in-channel visors Window tint Bed Mat Proven Ground Locking Roll-Up Tonneau Cover All-weather rubber floor mats Custom Wolfpack TRD Decal TOYOTA Vintage Tailgate Decal 4 Wheel Drive vintage decal Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod Bed Mat Anti-Theft Mod Sliding back glass Anti-Theft Mod Future Mods: Bedside bottle opener Bedside storage lock/key mod Bed pod lights
  4. Oct 24, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    In other news...

My gf is taking me to a Harry Potter event at a local museum on Thursday night. We've been dating about 10mos and she looooooves Harry Potter. I had never seen or read them. We watched the 1st one probably around June and I hated it. So boring and kiddy. I agreed to go to the event with her and also committed to watching the rest before we go. We've now watched 2-5 in the past 4 days and I have tonight and tomorrow to watch the last 3. They have gotten better. Chamber of Secrets was OK, Prisoner of Azkaban has probably been my favorite so far, Goblet of Fire sucked, and Order of the Phoenix was OK but kind of boring along the way. Hoping the last 3 are action-packed and better than the rest :fingerscrossed:

elmontemike likes this.
  5. Oct 24, 2017 at 1:02 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue Most Improved Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    '04 TRD 3.4l 4x4 5sp manual Xtraca & '96 4runner 4x4 5spd manual
    My ex agreed to give Game of Thrones a chance if I'd give Harry Potter a chance, so after we finished GoT we started on the HP books and movies. They do get better as they go along, the first couple are very much for children (being that the main characters are all little kids), as a whole it's definitely a children's series but the story gets more bearable and interesting as it progresses lol.

At least she wasn't into Twilight, thank god

6. Oct 24, 2017 at 1:03 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    I think The Half Blood Prince was my favorite and then Deathly Hollows part 2. DH part one was boring most of the time. DH2 one had some cheesy one liners but was better than part one IMO. I agree they did get better as they got older but it still had to accommodate for the younger audience which is the series' downfall.

ThunderCookies likes this.
  7. Oct 24, 2017 at 1:04 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Luckily my lady was already caught up on GOT...we still rewatched season 1-6 again before 7 premiered though :hattip:

8. Oct 24, 2017 at 4:08 PM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    I like HP. Prisoner of Azkaban was my least favorite movie... the chubby purple kid that was in the film for diversity reasons ruined it

9. Oct 24, 2017 at 9:25 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Watched Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hollows pt 1 tonight. Both pretty good, DH1 was better than I expected. I thought it would be slower building up but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the finale tomorrow night...

I guess I still have to watch Fantastic Beast too but I’ll watch that later after the Harry Potter event on Thursday

10. Oct 24, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I like the new Star Trek : Discovery series

Markcal[OP] and elmontemike like this.
  11. Oct 24, 2017 at 9:45 PM
    TomTwo

TomTwo I love God but I cuss a little

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    I-85 Southbound and Truckin
    Vehicle:
    Totaled 2012 TRD Sport, 2013 TRD Double Cab Sport
    Most of this is filmed in Douglasville Ga. So was the McDonalds movie with Michael Keaton, and several more.
    Still going to say "GoodFellas" has been one of my all time favorites.

12. Oct 25, 2017 at 7:49 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    I did it. Finished them all :hattip:

I gave the first few a break because they were older but damn, the special effects and makeup left a bit to be desired. Didn’t these movies set box office records repeatedly? That final scene when it was “19 years later” and they still looked like they were 18 was laughable :facepalm:

mbarbay likes this.
  13. Dec 28, 2017 at 11:01 AM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Time to revive this thread...

So I recently got the Movie Pass and have been getting my money’s worth out of it.

I started it in November and have seen:

Daddy’s Home 2
    Bad Mom’s Christmas
    Thor: Ragnarok
    Justice League
    Home Alone (my theater has throw back ‘classics)
    The Last Jedi
    The Greatest Showman
    Jumanji

I’m not a huge movie snob so I enjoyed them all and since I’ve collectively now paid $20 and seen 8 movies in the past 8 weeks I can’t really complain.

My favorite was Thor but Jumanji is a good one too.

I also just watched Bright last night on Netflix and enjoyed that as well. It would’ve been a good big screen film. I’m struggling to see how Netflix studio films generate the same kind of revenue as big studios that put out in theaters :notsure:

Markcal[OP] likes this.
  14. Jan 15, 2018 at 9:44 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    Re-watched True Detective again. That first season was such a perfect show. That light burned so bright with that one, don't think it will ever be as good.

15. Jan 24, 2018 at 5:12 AM
    Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2019 Subaru WRX
    At the risk of coming off as ignorant, I was recently channel surfing and came across BBC America and some Star Trek show was on. It was not the most compelling thing that I'd ever seen but the cast included a number of beautiful women wearing nice form hugging trekie suits. Is this a trend in every Star Trek show?

Whoopsie daisy, I almost forgot to mention, I'm asking for a 'friend'.

16. Jan 25, 2018 at 12:01 PM
    ThunderCookies

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 Wolfpack Edition
    Been on a binge streak recently...

Watched 2 10ep shows on Netflix in 4 days :hattip:

Mindhunter is OK. The premise is great and parts of it are really good television but it has too much boring story telling. Season 2 looks promising if they take it where I think it’s going..

D A R K is A+ television. It’s the first show Netflix produced in germany and the spoken language is German but it’s dubbed over in English. Takes about 10min to get used to and then you won’t even notice. I couldn’t wait to watch more of it when an episode ended and it left it open for an amazing season 2. It just came out in Dec. so it’s going to be a while before that comes out though. Seriously give that one a go!

I married my tacoma likes this.
  17. Jan 27, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    se7enine

se7enine MCMLXXIX

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 Lexus GX470
    You're right about that. Just started watching last night and I'm hooked. It's like watching Stranger things and True Detective in one show. I prefer to watch it with subtitles cause I'm used to that stuff. Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and Pan's Labyrinth have made it easy to watch with Subs. Taking a break now cause life and all but damn.... I will finish this weekend for sure.

18. Mar 24, 2018 at 2:49 PM
    Markcal

Markcal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    If anyone enjoys a good thriller I would recommend the movie 'Midnighters'. This movie kept me watching until the very end, with a twist that made it especially worth your time. If you like watching pretty women as lead characters this makes it worth it as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zFvMK6hyEI

19. Mar 24, 2018 at 3:12 PM
    Jonas

Jonas Boogerrrrrr!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Springfield, OR
    Vehicle:
    05TRDSport
    Pissed they ended Dark Matter like that. Started off not so good but got lots better.

20. Mar 25, 2018 at 7:01 PM
    Markcal

Markcal [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I can relate to you having a movie pass when I bought my Tacoma in 2006 and registered it on the Toyoyaownersonline.com. A few months after doing that I get this in my email and thought it was spam at first, but soon realized it was legit:
    We have exciting news for you! You entered the TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, USA, INC.’S, MOVIE TICKETS FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES by registering to be a MyToyota member on ToyotaOwnersOnline.com or referring other Toyota owners you know. Your entry has been selected as a potential Grand Prize winner for the Boston region. We are pleased to announce that the prize you are being considered for is:
    MOVIE TICKETS FOR A YEAR*
    Please confirm that you would like to accept this prize by March 19th. If you choose to claim your grand prize, your movie ticket certificates will be mailed to you in approximately 4 weeks or less. We would like to thank you for the time and effort you contributed to making the MOVIE TICKETS FOR A YEAR SWEEPSTAKES a success.
    Please confirm the address we have on file for you is correct in order for us to ship your grand prize:

I saw movies I wouldn't normally pay to see and some of those were better than I thought they would be. I did give some tickets away, one guy was about to pay for a ticket so walked up to him and gave him a free ticket and he was so happy. They did send me 24 free tickets which was awesome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top