1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moving ovtune

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tacowillyoma, Dec 30, 2022.

1. Dec 30, 2022 at 10:52 AM
    tacowillyoma

tacowillyoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Is it possible to move ovtune from one computer to another? I am waiting on an answer from them but they are busy and can’t always get back asap. My hard drive on my notebook is going and I need a new one. Doing that will lead me to reinstalling ovtune on the new hard drive, same computer.

Thanks!!

2. Dec 30, 2022 at 11:17 AM
    PapaRee

PapaRee Pro Tuner

Member:
    First Name:
    Kreg
    Prairieville, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black TRD Sport, Tuned, BHLM OEM LEDs
    GTS Dobinson's lift-2.75", 33"-Wildpeak Atw3-18x9 -6 Offset ,265/70/18 tires, Raceline Assault wheels, Backflip G2 bed cover, Magnaflow exhaust, Pro tail lights, Pro fog lights, Pro grille, Raptor grille lights, Predator side steps, RedLine Hood Struts, Toyota bedmat, tinted windows, Retrofitted-BHLM-Amber Halo-Amber DRL-HID headlights, LED Highbeams, LED Hood Scoop lightbar, LED hidden bumper lightbar, LED under hood light, LED Bed lights, LED license plate lights, Tacoma tailgate 3d letters, Tacoma glovebox 3D letters, removed air dam, Custom TRD Sport emblems, Pro Shift Knob with Meso ECT Stealth button, Meso LED dome and map lights, Meso V3 smoked mirror turn signals, Meso Stage 2 Tail lights, Meso Mirror Puddle lights, Meso KC-5 Brake/Cargo light, Meso center console bucket with OG lid, Tailgate PNP kit, Garage door opener button in overhead console, Meso Minimalist keyfobs, Matte black Pro hood decal, KTJO4x4 Led door handle LED lights, Pioneer 6x9 3 way front speakers, Rockford Fosgate 6.75' rear speakers, TacoTunes tweeters, AJT black vent rings, JDM Gas cap cover.
    The old Ovtune software is no longer supported and you will have to update to VFTuner. I recently had a customer with the same issue and it was $79 to upgrade. Just send an email to support@ovtune.zendesk.com and you can upgrade. Then you will use your Tactrix cable as your license on any computer. Once you download the new software at www.vftuner.com on your computer, you have to have the registered Tactrix cable connected to your computer to open the software.

Good luck and let me know if I can help.

Products Discussed in

To Top