1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Moving to Arizona? Visit this Thread!

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by AriZonaD54, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Jul 12, 2015 at 8:07 PM
    TaylorU

TaylorU KC HiLiTES Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    ADS 2.5" coilovers, Light Racing UCAs, 2.125" rear ADS shocks, Raptor-Style Grille using Homertaco mesh and BAMF letters, MB 352 wheels, 285/75r16 Cooper ATPs, Mini D2S 3.0 HID Projectors retrofitted, KC Flex 20", KC Pro6 light bar, KC G4 LED fog lights, Pelfreybilt front bumper
    Although it's slightly early, welcome! The TW group here is awesome and any one of us are willing to help out whenever called upon. Let us all know where you decide to move when you find out.

geoyota760 and snowtank like this.
  2. Jul 12, 2015 at 8:13 PM
    snowtank

snowtank Where the fuck did my beer go!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Welcome out john. We will be happy to have you out. We do have a lot of tacos out here ranging all over the board with different builds. Lots of camping fishing shooting drinking etc. Hope you like that stuff.

geoyota760, 05Aztacoma and TaylorU like this.
  3. Jul 13, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    05Aztacoma

05Aztacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4

I don't know how the computer/network job market is down in the Phoenix area but for RNs there are always positions available. Depending what kind of nursing field your wife is in some hospitals in the area are bringing back sign on bonuses (up to 10k).

4. Jul 14, 2015 at 9:48 AM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Thanks for all the input! I am into everything snowflake mentioned! As a matter of fact, I will be heading there, via VA Beach (to pick up some household goods from storage), and then NC to pick up my special toys that aren't allowed in the communist state of NY. I LOVE that my CCW is recognized in AZ!

As far as my work goes, I'll probably stay out of the Computer / network field unless I have to. I'm thinking something like maintenance guy, facilities... Storage mgr, part time lowes... low stress type stuff. My brain wants a break, and I want time to play. If I'm not at work, I don't want to think about it. :)
    As things get closer, and we start narrowing down areas, I'll post em here looking for yay or nays.

5. Jul 14, 2015 at 10:10 AM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Damn how you know they call me snowflake!? Damn thise name is sticking! Fuck! And you dont need a cwp here in az. As long as you are over 21 its legal to conceal any weapon.

geoyota760, YotaGuy and Techoma like this.
  6. Jul 14, 2015 at 10:24 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Damn-it!!! I did a cut and paste... Auto correct did the name thing! I'm glad you're good hearted!!! WOW... CCW is legal with no permit! SWEET!!!!

7. Jul 14, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Oh haha. Yeah that nick name has been floating around the az crew amoungst some others lol. And yes sir. No permit required anymore to carry anything. The permit only allows me not to do a back ground check when purchasing a new gun. Other than that it takes me about 15 min to sell a gun from point of you saying you would like one to you walking out of my store with your new firearm

geoyota760 and Techoma[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Jul 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    Adventurer_Alex

Adventurer_Alex Generic mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan XTERRA
    It also lets you carry in places that serve alcohol as long as you arent drinking and there isn't a posted no weapons sign.

Techoma and snowtank like this.
  9. Jul 14, 2015 at 1:33 PM
    thebeeler

thebeeler part of the problem

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Yuma
    Vehicle:
    Your sister
    Total Chaos, Plate bumpers, e-locker, etc
    The sign also has to be posted properly to be enforceable, they generally are not posted properly.

10. Jul 18, 2015 at 4:09 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Departure date from NY is set... Arrival in VA to gather up our crap is set... now we just need to finalize the departure date from VA to AZ. Not an easy thing... just packing up and heading out.... but we will get it done!

Adventurer_Alex likes this.
  11. Jul 18, 2015 at 5:17 PM
    Adventurer_Alex

Adventurer_Alex Generic mall crawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan XTERRA
    Let us know if you need help moving stuff when you get down here.

Techoma likes this.
  12. Jul 18, 2015 at 5:39 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Will do. My guess is the 26' UHaul contents will get moved right into storage till we find a place. My daughter (see "flufftobuff") will be driving my Taco, Me, the UHaul, and my wife the 2012 Highlander.

I really appreciate the offer.... and will provide eats n drinks if\when required. :- )

snowtank likes this.
  13. Aug 21, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    We did it! We both have jobs in AZ. My company refused my resignation and is letting me work from home, and my wife got a great job in Northern Scottsdale.

Looking for a rental house:
    Fountain Hills Scottsdale? She'll be on E. Raintree near 101. We are looking for 4 bedroom, 2 or more car garage or single with large covered parking, in ground pool, and at least some sort of view, and 30 min or less drive. $1800 mos?

Also... decided to ship my taco. it's gonna be expensive, but we don't feel like driving 2 across the country. I may need a "friend" to accept delivery of the truck and hold it for a few days for me.

We leave here next Sat (29) and head for VA to say goodbyes. We hope to be in Scottsdale by the 15th. Woot Woot!

14. Sep 8, 2015 at 6:36 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Although it looks like this thread has died... I'm updating it anyway!

We're getting a good night's rest in Gallup after driving from our previous nights stop of OK City. We'll get up in the AM and head into AZ... Scottsdale by mid afternoon.

My Taco gets picked up in Buffalo tomorrow, and will get delivered to me in Scottsdale the 16th or 17th. As soon as we have an address, our household goods will start their transit across, and the movers will put everything where we want it.

Things came together very well, and we are very excited to start out new chapter in life.

05Aztacoma and snowtank like this.
  15. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:14 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Nice. And nope thread didnt die we were waiting on a update from you or someone else new to join our ranks. Your only a hour and a half ish away from me. (North eastern member) well anyway welcome to the state and glad it all went smoothly for you. Congrats on working from home. What a sweet gig. Join in on the bs thread and I will meet you at a get together sometime

16. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:21 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Bullshitting already!!!! WOOT WOOT! Looking forward to meeting ya. 1.5 hours is nuthin considering the miles we've been putting down!

17. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:26 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    [QUOTE ="Techoma, post: 10743016, member: 49351"]Bullshitting already!!!! WOOT WOOT! Looking forward to meeting ya. 1.5 hours is nuthin considering the miles we've been putting down![/QUOTE]
    Yeah Its nothing. But its out of the way for the road you will be traveling. You are going thru flagstaff correct? You will be passing the petrified forest on your way tho. And yes bsing already! :cheers:

18. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:31 PM
    Techoma

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yeah Its nothing. But its out of the way for the road you will be traveling. You are going thru flagstaff correct? You will be passing the petrified forest on your way tho. And yes bsing already! :cheers:[/QUOTE]

We drove through back in June when I was sick. A lot of the stuff we checked out, I was unfortunately in a wheelchair... but up and around now. Did the Canyon, Sedona, Petrified, Monument and more. It is how my wife planted the seeds for us to move.

19. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:33 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Oh cool. She is a smart woman. Haha wasnt to hard to convince you after showing you some awesomeness

20. Sep 8, 2015 at 7:38 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    Just found this... this is pretty sweet. Im most likely moving to Tuscon (90%) and im ok with what it has to offer, as long as i can escape this triple digit heat and Upper 60+ humidity in SC im good haha

TaylorU likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top