1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mp3 volume differences

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by lisa, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    lisa

lisa [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lisa
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Access Tonneau,U Guard Step Bars,Short Antenna,Clear Bra,AFE Pro Dry,Cylon Front Emblem by MetalMaster,Cylon Raider Decal,Cylon third brakelight decal and a hanging cat on the tailgate...:)
    Good morning,all..I have a real noob inquiry in regards to sound output of Mp3 players.My truck has the original stereo (non-JBL) and after listening to it with regular cds my plan is to definitely replace it because it is not loud enough.I tried my cheapo Coby MP3 player in it also and wasn't very happy with the output.Yesterday my nephew plugged in his Ipod touch and I was blown away by the volume..nothing close to my player or even the cds.Not perfect sound but something I could live with for awhile.My question is does the Touch(and all models of Ipod) have higher output or could it be how his files were encoded? My plan is to someday upgrade the stereo( mods are on hold for awhile as I just put on a cover,step bars and got the front a clear bra...running out of funds..lol) but I am just curious why his player sounds so much better?..Thanks!

2. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:24 AM
    PB65stang

PB65stang Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2016 F150 Lariat 4x4
    5100s (2.5" front), OEM Raptor wheels, 315/70/17 BFGs, Undercover, tint, Weathertechs.
    I've heard of quite a few people on here complaining about volume output with the AUX input. I use both of my iPods in mine and hardly ever go past about level 45 with the windows down in mine; it's plenty loud enough for me. So maybe there is some truth to the idea that the Apple MP3 players have louder volumes?

3. Jun 29, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    lisa

Member:
    First Name:
    Lisa
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Access Tonneau,U Guard Step Bars,Short Antenna,Clear Bra,AFE Pro Dry,Cylon Front Emblem by MetalMaster,Cylon Raider Decal,Cylon third brakelight decal and a hanging cat on the tailgate...:)
    Must be some truth in that.I can have my player maxed out and vehicle stereo maxed and still carry on a conversation with a passenger.The same with most cds,too.But with my nephew's Ipod..volume on both were about midway and we had to lower it to talk.I have always been against the whole Ipod thing thinking all Mp3 players were the same..but I may have to rethink this..:)..I wonder if there is a diff in Ipod models..say between the Touch and the Nano.

4. Jun 29, 2010 at 7:24 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Sometimes it depends on the MP3 files.

Do you use itunes?

If yes, then try this: Open up your itunes. Highlight a song and right click and hit *get info*. Then goto the OPTIONS tab. Look at the volume adjustment. You can change this adjustment to 100%.
    Basically, this setting limits the volume output (so to speak).

Try changing a couple of the songs and see what it sounds like in the truck. If this actually helps your situation, then you should be able to highlight your entire library and change ALL the songs to 100%.

Another good place to find this type of information/help = www.ilounge.com

5. Jun 29, 2010 at 7:40 AM
    lisa

Member:
    First Name:
    Lisa
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    09 DC TRD Sport
    Thanks,Janster!..all I have right now is just regular Mp3s on a Coby player..the Itunes are on my nephews Ipod.But I will see if such an adjustment is on my player..thanks for the tip...:)

6. Jun 29, 2010 at 7:41 AM
    AeroCooper

AeroCooper Half the strength of ten (microscopic men)

Member:
    NH
    Vehicle:
    2018 Barcelona Access Cab Off Road
    Remote start, tailgate inserts, nifty key fob case, Husky X-Act floor liners, AVS vent shades, bed mat, MX4 Tonneau cover, Tyger step rails
    ^^ This (Janster's suggestion) helped some with mine. I have the iPod Nano and had the stock non JBL system. I was never happy with the volume level as compared to CDs, which was louder but still not enough for my taste.
    Since I put in my Alpine CDA-117 though the volume is plenty loud, and the iPod plays just as loud as CDs and the tuner.

7. Jun 29, 2010 at 7:52 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    There might also be a 'sound check' setting. That setting is supposed to 'automatically' adjust the sound volume on each song as its played so you don't blast your ear drums out from one song to the other.

But - I never really noticed this setting to actually work..... If you have it, you can try that also. Play with it - on or off.

Products Discussed in

To Top