1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

MTgirl's Yellowstone and Grand Teton travel thread

Discussion in 'Travel' started by MTgirl, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Nov 6, 2018 at 4:25 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl [OP] too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Now: 12 T4R SR5 Then: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    Yup...closed yesterday at 8am.
    Is that the south enterance? North end is open!

Cuffs likes this.
  2. Nov 6, 2018 at 4:47 PM
    Cuffs

Cuffs Well-Known Member

Member:
    Zion NP, formerly of Yosemite NP
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    Yes, south. We’re in Teton for the week. I called the roads phone number and heard all but the north road was closed. Was still a great morning for a drive!

5A069C05-FA9A-454E-91E1-7E7004D5EC7F.jpg
    148DC736-4201-4283-BEE3-5FC86FFCDDD5.jpg

3. Dec 5, 2018 at 4:24 AM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Tacoma Owner & Enthusiast

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Sponsored by TacomaWorld.com
  4. Dec 9, 2018 at 6:06 PM
    CVYota

CVYota Damaged Goods

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Crescenta Valley
    Vehicle:
    '11 4X4 DCLB SR5 2.5 gen
    Extended front 2.5 Icons. LR UCAs, Dakar Leaf Springs, rear King Smooth 2.5 w/res , Softopper, 285/75-16 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R with kevlar,16x8 SCS wheels 4.5 bs, Brute Force Rear bumper, 4x4 switch led, Diff Breather mod, weathertechs, Pelfrybilt front bumper, IFS and mid skids, B.A.M.F rear diff armor, LCA armor, Light bar mount and Sliders, Homer grill, Andres Devil horns, LED light bar, gauge pod with dual battery gauge and ecometer. Dual battery.
    Great pics

Cuffs likes this.
  5. Dec 9, 2018 at 6:36 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco Chillin & Grillin Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Craig
    Bucks County Pa.
    Vehicle:
    four sticks, dual cases, zero fucks...
    Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Fantastic pictures!

Cuffs likes this.
  6. Dec 21, 2018 at 3:00 AM
    littlefish

littlefish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hudson Valley NY
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off-Road DCSB
    Loving the info and the pictures in this thread as I work my way through it! This summer my wife and I are going to be driving from NY to AK and planning on spending a few days in Yellowstone on our way. Only issue is we are brining our dog with us on the trip. Can anybody recommend a kennel or a person who watches dogs? We will be coming from Mt. Rushmore, arriving in either Cody or Dubois on July 3, 2019. We can either take I-90 west into Cody or go down to I-25 west into Dubois depending on options and suggestions.

7. Dec 25, 2018 at 6:22 PM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's front and rear, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners, CVT Mt. Bachelor RTT, custom bed rack & CBI sliders
    Can't. Stop. Laughing.
    Best coloring book EVER! :rofl:
    1225181912.jpg
    1225181912b.jpg

8. Jan 4, 2019 at 7:06 AM
    Collins

Collins Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09' Tacoma, 2.7L, 5spd, 4x4
    haha...for 'Mature Colorists'...great publisher name as well.

Hey MT, having any issues with the stupid government shutdown??... hearing some e'f up stories wrt trash and no bathroom access in places??

Paul

MTgirl [OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 4, 2019 at 7:22 AM
    MTgirl

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    I've been avoiding the park which is sad because I usually try to go there for New Years Day....
    Since Yelly is currently in its winter season most of the park is closed/inaccessible anyways so I'm hoping that that is keeping the craziness to a minimum. They are still letting the snowmobile and snowcoach groups into the park but none of the facilities are open. This time of year only a few pit toilets are open and they are not being cleaned/stocked unless its by the concessioneers that operate the snowcoachs. The north road between Gardiner and Cooke City is also open to vehicles as it is the only accessible road in/out of Cooke this time of year. There's only a couple of pit toilets along that entire route and I can't imagine the condition they are in unless the NPS locked the doors... And that route gets a lot of traffic this time of year with folks heading to Cooke to snowmobile in the mountains north of the park. IF the shutdown was happening during peak summer season it would be a different story but I think (hope) that Yelly will be relatively safe. At least it will be better off than some of the other parks. I've heard that some parks are having huge issues with filthy toilets and trash everywhere and people just doing stupid crap like going off trail to drive or camp or defacing rocks, etc with graffiti.... so sad. I kinda wish they'd just close all parks 100% until there can be full staff to babysit the tourons.

ecoterragaia likes this.
  10. Jan 4, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    Collins

Collins Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09' Tacoma, 2.7L, 5spd, 4x4
    Sorry to hear, i seem to remember you saying somewhere that NYD was your way to get your year off to a great start.
    I'd heard about the off trail crap, graffiti idiocy and trash. A personal pet peeve of mine are litterers, cannot understand why one would not
    want to leave whatever spot cleaner than you found it, i mean how hard is it to pick up a couple pieces of trash?
    I keep a few small plastic bags in my pack just in case i see litter along a trail.

Oh well, enough of that...Happy Friday and a Happy Safe New Year to you and yours!

Tourons...haha...my new favorite word.

To Top