1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud Flaps and HID's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Merovingian, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Nov 6, 2010 at 9:17 AM
    Merovingian

Merovingian [OP] Life in RVSM

Member:
    Vancouver, BC, Canada and Blaine WA depending on w
    Vehicle:
    2009 Double Cab TRD Sport + Leather 4x4
    Weathertech Liners, Undercover Tonneau, AFE CAI, Cat back Magnaflow Exhaust, Devil Horns, Shorty Antenna, HID 6000k Head Lights, HID 12000k Fogs, 275 70 17 BFG All Terrains, OME 3 inch lift with LR upper control arms, Dakar leaves and Spidertax spacers
    I have a 09 Double Cab TRD Sport long box with the super long front mud flaps. They measure about 21" from the external mounting spot and about 10" from the internal short mounting spot. I have noticed that the front mud flaps on earlier 2nd gen Tacomas (maybe 05-07) seem to be about three inches shorter, does anyone know if they are interchangeable? It looks like it from a few I have seen but before trying to buy some I thought I would see if any one else has done this.

Also I would like to upgrade the lights on my truck to HID and I am wondering if they are that diffucult to install and if there is a brand guys here like. I do most of my own basic car and motorcycle maintennance but don't really mess with electrical very often.

Thanks ahead of time.

2. Nov 6, 2010 at 9:36 AM
    tacomaintraining

tacomaintraining Well-Known Member

Member:
    i too want HIDS but am lost on the install/purchase process.

3. Nov 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    Merovingian

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Weathertech Liners, Undercover Tonneau, AFE CAI, Cat back Magnaflow Exhaust, Devil Horns, Shorty Antenna, HID 6000k Head Lights, HID 12000k Fogs, 275 70 17 BFG All Terrains, OME 3 inch lift with LR upper control arms, Dakar leaves and Spidertax spacers

I helped a friend cut down his and didn't really like the look of the end result so I would rather try a shorter year flap if they will fit.

4. Nov 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    I am pretty sure the 2005 Tacomas came with shorter ones than the ones now. Might be hard to find.

5. Nov 6, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    Merovingian

Member:
    Vehicle:

Yeah I measured a set on a truck I saw in a parking lot and they are alot shorter just wasn't sure if they are an exact fit (look like it) and what years had shorter ones.

Just wondering if anyone has done a swap...

6. Nov 6, 2010 at 8:26 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    took me less than a half hour to put my HID's in, i like my DDM hids

Products Discussed in

To Top