1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud flaps in the front? Yay or Nay?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by mfudurich, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    mfudurich

mfudurich [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD
    Hey guys,

Got a quetion about mud flaps in the front, I just lifted my truck with OME suspension kit with 885's. Then I went with 285/70/R17 Mickey Thompson BAJA ATZ's (which are pretty wide but look really good :)) I had the mud flaps taken off because there had to be quite a bit of trimming to fit the tire at full turn. Sooo now everything is done tires are on and now i'm worried over time the gravel is going to eat away my rocker panel. Anyone running this tire size with some kinda custom flap?

2. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM
    bjmoose

bjmoose Bullwinkle J. Moose

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    '11 Std Cab 4x4 5sp
    OME suspension, ARB Air Lockers, CBI/Relentless/Pelfrey armor, HAM radio
    I thought about it, but it's gonna be a pain to fab up. I think the mudflap will need a custom mount attached to the frame - anything inside the wheelwell seems like it'll end up being too close.

My goodyear MT/R Kevlar's don't throw as much gravel as my old BFG AT TA's used to, so I'm not sure I'll ever get around to it.

3. Apr 27, 2011 at 1:09 PM
    JTaco386

JTaco386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Fort Rucker, AL/ Home: Port Orange, FL
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    I don't have mine on and I haven't had any problems with debris or rocks hitting the rocker panel. I think you should be ok without them. I think there is an older thread about a member trimming his front mud flaps and it looked good. Just utilize the search tab and see what comes up.

To Top