1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mud flaps off..

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by soupman77, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 7:03 PM
    soupman77

soupman77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    08' 4DR Tacoma LB 4x4 TRD Sport
    Revtek 3" Leveling kit with 1.25" in rear. Grillecraft mesh grill with TRD emblem, Hella 500's mounted behind grille, horn relocation, blacked out lower valence, allpro offroad bumper, blacked out roof, and so much more to do...
    So, today I removed my mud flaps and started to wonder if anyone has had issues with crazy damage to your truck as a result. I pulled them off to accommodate larger tires, and then noted that alot of trucks do not have flaps at all. I know that some damage is inevitable, but over time, what should I expect...and besides, any ideas if Texas does or doesn't like those of us with big tires and NO flaps..?

2. May 16, 2011 at 7:08 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i just got my truck(07 trd OR 4wd) saturday (so i have had it almost 4day) and i took front off today. thinking i may just trim them by like 4 or 5"s and put back on. stock tire size.

3. May 16, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    DubyaDawg

DubyaDawg Underprepared and Overconfident

Member:
    Tulsa/Norman, OK
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner TRD Sport
    Avid Light Bar, KC Dayliters, Roll-N-Lock bed cover, TRD Center Caps, Fog Light Anytime Mod.
    I took my front ones off about a month ago, haven't noticed anything but a little extra mud on the door if i go through a big puddle, nothing big.

4. May 16, 2011 at 7:19 PM
    kirkofwimbo

kirkofwimbo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clayton
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    ‘21 Tundra SR 4x4
    I'm pretty sure Texas doesn't give a f*** whether or not you have mudflaps. I see 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks running without them all day. That said, I trimmed my front flaps to even from the ground with the backs. I prefer the look and function over having nothing there at all.

5. May 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM
    LUSETACO

LUSETACO Here for the Taco Pron

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    South Central Pee A
    Vehicle:
    2005 PIMP MOBILE
    Yes
    I've had mine off for 3 years. It has taken it's toll some on my rocker panels. Nothing too major but some paint chips and some wearing of the paint in spots.

Products Discussed in

To Top