1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Multi-Day Four Corners Area Meet, 7/10/10

Discussion in 'South West' started by BirdTRD, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Apr 19, 2010 at 11:11 PM
    thekidcatcher

thekidcatcher Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
    Thats badass! I dont wanna kill my truck, its gotta get my back. But I am down for some rough wheeling for sure!

2. Apr 20, 2010 at 5:17 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD [OP] Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I don't want to trash mine either. Like most people, my Tacoma is a daily driver.

However, if anyone does want to trash their truck, I'll gladly point them in the direction of an appropriate trail head. :)

3. Apr 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Legs- --Helo rims --KM3 285/75/R16 --Bilstein 5100 in front with OME 886 --Dakar with extra leaf --Total Chaos UCA's --5165's Bilstein in the rear Electronics- --Warn M8000 w/ Warn wirless remote --Cobra 29LTD CB, --12in sub with alpine amp , --Dual Battery, --Warn Air compressor --URD MAF sensor, --touchscreen cd player hooked up to front and rear cameras Armor- --All-Pro offroad front/rear/rocksliders --AP skid plate, diff armor Cajones- --JBA headers, midpipe, exhaust --Safari Snorkel --4.56s ECGS Misc- highlift jack --UWS toolbox --u bolt flip kit --Tepui Kukenam Custom- --in dash inverter --on-board shower system --dvd anytime mod --custom bed rack and tiregate.
  4. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    858 mile drive to farmington for me

5. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Yes sir. Its a bit of a haul. Nothing close to my furthest drive though lol

6. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    It was saying around 15 and a half. I am not a fast driver either, especially for a long haul, I'd be trying to save gas. Hey Drew, if you wanna head up to my apartment the day before to shave off a couple extra hours you are more than welcome too.

7. Apr 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    I think I'm going to take I-10, but I'm not sure yet.

8. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    I don't have a GPS but Graham was just saying we need to get some coordinates for the guests. I guess that means he has one. I'll keep you posted.

Can you just track out the North West end of Farmington. The canyon heads north from Pinon Hills Blvd. about a mile east of the 20th street intersection.

9. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:04 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    alright man, whatever you wanna do. If ya came up here we could caravan

10. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    When I drove from Dallas, I went up to Amarillo, Tucumcari, and Albuquerque.

Where's Georgetown?

11. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:08 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    bout 20 miles north of austin

12. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    My wife's brother and his family live in Austin. They've driven up here a couple of times but I can't really say how long it takes them. They always go out of the way to Carlsbad Caverns or something to break up the trip.

13. Apr 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    Ill probably drive the whole way through. What time are we all meeting up? May have to leave the day before

14. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I haven't yet given much thought to times. I want to accommodate you guys so feel free to pipe in. How does start at 10 and end at 3 work for day 1? My thoughts were not starting too early to give some extra travel time and ending early enough to head about an hour north (halfway to trails) into the mountains where we can get some nice campsites and be settled before it gets too dark. Is 5 hours in Farmington enough? Too much? You can't hit all of the obstacles and trails no matter what. Day 2 we'll already be with in an hour of the trailheads. We can fuel up and recharge in Durango or Silverton (depending on where we camp). In keeping with the legitimate four wheel drive experience, I think we'll run difficult CO trails. They're easier than Farmington though. Black Bear Pass and Poughkeepsie Gulch will be definitely included in days 2 and 3. I was thinking in CO we may slow down the pace and enjoy the most amazing country most of you have ever been in. Yeah, it's that good.

What do you guys think? What do you want this trip to be? I can do all this shit anytime I want. You are the guests and I am your host. What do you want to get from this trip? Let's hear it.

15. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    10 works for me man, what time does it get dark though? 3 sounds pretty early to me. I will just take off the day before if all works out and sleep at a rest area somewhere on the side of a road. Ill have protection lol

16. Apr 20, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Mid-July shouldn't get dark until 9 or so. Keep in mind the sun goes down a little early when you're camping in the middle of the biggest damn canyon you've ever seen. I'll gladly stretch it out another hour or two. I was just wondering how long people wanted to actually wheel day 1.

Protection is a good thing. We have many bears, mountain lions, and even a few two-legged snakes around here. Even in July, I run the heater.:)

17. Apr 20, 2010 at 9:21 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    lol see if the like HP 45ACP s. Well i guess we can just wait and see who chimes in

18. Apr 20, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    Whitecloud

Whitecloud Cloudy-fabricator of things

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Superwhite 06 DCLB
    ICON Extended travel Coilovers, Custom leaf pack, custom sliders and F&R bumpers, 295 75 17 Toyo Open Country MT's, On-Board air with F+R connectors, On-Board water with quick disconnect shower.Trimmed fenders and body mount chop. LOTS of wiring, dual battery setup, Solar charging system, with some random lights spread around here and there.
    Im good for 10. It is only a 3ish hour drive from Rio Rancho. But Im also good to wheel till about 4 or 5. I got a tent you can basically set up in the dark with your eyes closed. So when ever is good for me. But Im good with what ever the majority wants to do.:cool:

19. Apr 20, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    thekidcatcher

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD offroad SR5
    my tent is a air mattress, a sleeping bag, and a tarp lol

20. Apr 21, 2010 at 6:11 AM
    drew02a

drew02a Rocking your mom's world Since 1997

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 Regular Cab 2.7L 4x4
    45 will do you no good against most of the predatory game. About the only auto round that is worth a damn for that is 10mm. There are alot of revolver options though.

Products Discussed in

To Top