1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 01 Tacoma Failed Inspection

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Red 01 Tacoma, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Dec 28, 2009 at 6:39 PM
    snoope

snoope Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winter Haven Florida
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra Limited 4x4
    My
    '02 was re-framed and it is well documented here...including pix of the now -new frame ....
    Dealer was top-notch and my total time was 11 days..start to finish with me getting phone calls to see "progress";).....nothing like walking into a shop and seeing your "Toy" in 2 bays:eek:;)....Yes,they made $$$ on my shocks( matched my outside price:cool: ) BUT also re-worked an original E-brake system to new:cool: plus did my LCA's with new BJ's due to another TSB;):)....Now ad another 15 years of warranty and this "Old Boy" is happy:cool::D.

S

2. Dec 28, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Kuneff

Kuneff Carpe Diem

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Woods Beater
    Tree Dents
    One of my good friends works at the local toyota garage. He does the frame swaps with another guy. They pull the truck in, and in 6-6.5 hours they pull the truck back out with a new frame under it. He said they may end up on it another hour if its really dirty with a bunch of rusted parts. but he said thats very rare.

3. Dec 29, 2009 at 2:31 PM
    RustyYota

RustyYota Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Rust Belt, NY
    Vehicle:
    TRD Auto
    Toolbox in the summer tenau in the winter, 3in toytec lift, 33'' BFG muds, Tint
    I never got any letters or phone calls from toyota. I just made an appointment and brought her in. No one gave me a hard time. I had printed out a toyota factory frame rot inspection sheet from this site and marked where i found rust holes and the service guy wanted to know "Where the hell i got it", I just told him i found it on the internet.

4. Dec 30, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    Tacojocoma

Tacojocoma Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2003 PreRunner TRD
    Debadged, Kodiak Sidewinders
    This is obviously a snow/salt related issue.......but even being out here in California- I'm wondering if I should be calling my Toyota dealer?? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

5. Jan 7, 2010 at 11:06 AM
    Miguel00

Miguel00 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma 4cy 4wd
    Hey, can you tell me the link to the toyota factory frame rot inspection sheet you say you got from this site? My '02 just passed but I'd like to check the sheet 'cause it is rusting and don't want the clock to run out on me the end of this year. Thanks, Mike

6. Jan 9, 2010 at 12:56 PM
    derekp

derekp giddy up!

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Grand Forks, ND
    Vehicle:
    2001 X-Cab 4x4 TRD V6 5Spd
    Deck plate, Flowmaster Delta-Flow 40 series, 265/75-16 Wrangler TDs, more to come...
    I bought my truck in Little Rock (around Feb 09, I think) and now live in the DC area. I haven't received a letter from Toyota to have an inspection. My truck isn't registered in a high salt use area, it is still registered in Arkansas. The frame looks great and I'd like to keep it that way but they use A LOT of salt up here. Any suggestions?

What's up with the coating they put on it? Is it really worth anything? Do they clean the underside before they spray or just lift and spray? Thanks for the info!

Derek P
    Germantown, MD

7. Oct 4, 2011 at 5:42 PM
    finnfrock

finnfrock New Member

Member:
    Pittsburgh,PA
    Vehicle:
    00 2wd 4cyl
    Celica seats,custom grill,X-Runner 18's and speedway blue paint.
    I Have a 2000 2wd taco.I got the "official" letter from Yoyota saying to bring my truck in and get it "tested".So,I did.It failed.Before this I had NO holes in my frame,now I have several from them hitting it.So,several days later I get a message from Toyota that I am SOL as my truck has a R-title. WTF??? No where did it say if you have a salvage or R-title truck that this will not apply to you,in fact the "official" letter even included my VIN# so why did they bother,now I have a practically worthless truck and no recourse? Can you say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT??? anyone else have this problem?

Products Discussed in

To Top