1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 06 tacoma failed inspection miserably

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Breakerboy, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Oct 2, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    Breakerboy

Breakerboy [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Took my super clean well running 06 tacoma in to the dealer today to have clock spring replaced per recall... As I was there I figured I would have them do a Pa state inspection after a hour or so of waiting a woman from service approached me and said I have bad news for you... She said your frame is rotted severely and there is a huge split running parallel through the frame... The truck is unsafe and can't be inspected!!! I was shocked I knew it had surface rust looked nasty but not a rotted huge crack in it.. I asked what can I do she said its beyond repair and to call Toyota ... I did was told nothing they can or will do... I joined this forum because I saw the service campaign listed SC-EOD Where guys and gals were getting frames repaired or replaced if they lived and vehicle operated in said states where salt and severely cold weather ... Pa was on that list!! After reading about the campaign on here I called back only to have Toyota tell me my vin # dont apply ... I said I live and vehicle was operated in Pa its entire life... Pa is a listed state!! Said truck vin dont fit there criteria! ! They are sorry nothing they can and will do at this time... Im lost for words my truck is in nice shape well taken care of ... I dealt with a rusty looking frame but now my truck has to sit unsafe for the road! This is my only vehicle I have no money for a new vehicle I'm so upset ...

Im new to this forum so if someone can tell me how to post pictures I will so others can see just how bad it is and see how Toyota treats its customers. . 7 to 8 year service life on a vehicle is not acceptable Toyota! !! Sorry for rant!!!

2. Oct 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    JPS11

JPS11 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Prerunner DC TRD OR Black
    When and where did you buy it? New or used?

3. Oct 2, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    el tardo

el tardo Well-Known Member

Member:
    just get a lawyer and you might have to pay up front but you will get all you money back and more.this is easy to win!!!

rent a car and they will have to pay the bill.

toyota usa will just like any U.S. company will deny you to try to save money,its up to you to push to get your money.this is called how the new world works.sad but true

4. Oct 2, 2014 at 1:49 PM
    Mcdees84

Mcdees84 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Tallahassee, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DCSB-TRD O/R
  5. Oct 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
  6. Oct 2, 2014 at 3:43 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Working on figuring out how to add photos. . Thanks for all the replies

7. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    I uploaded pictures under 06 bad frame under Tacoma photos can't figure out how to get them here

8. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Click on camera under my user name seems like a few photos show up

9. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM
    Skunkman

Skunkman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Syracuse - Tug Hill
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab ,
    Dang, that MoFo is ugly. I hope you get it worked out so they replace it .

10. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:39 PM
    RevoTaco

RevoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Sold - 08 6SP 4x4 AC TRD Off-Road
    Wow. I would have a lawyer write them a letter. That will likely be enough to have them cave. Shouldn't cost you more than a couple hundred bucks.

That is definitely not good for an 8 year old truck.

How many miles do you have on it?

11. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    100K miles ... runs beautiful but now its parked out in front of my home with no Pa state inspection and I'm sure police are going to ticket it... I dont know what to do it would be a shame to scrap it... shit thing dont weigh anything

12. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:51 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Toyota told me its up 2 me with what I do with it.. But they take no responsibility for it because my vin don't constitute a recall even though its a Pa truck its entire whole 8 years .. the recall campaign SC- EOD IS ONLY targeting frame specific manufacturers and mine is not under it... I got a good looking yard ornament that my wife won't let sit here long...

13. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    moondeath

moondeath Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Pa, Gardners
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4
    5100 @ 0” w/ 2.5” Eibach spring, 1.5" Icon Progressive 3 leaf + 1” block, Procomp Wheels, Grill Thin Lip (Custom Car Grills Mod), Access Tonneau Cover, Pop & Lock Tailgate Electronic Lock PL8521
    I live in pa also and the road salt is terrible here. It makes me paranoid. I try to wash it in the winter, but with the temps so low its hard to get a thorough or regular cleaning.

I would certainly hold onto it while trying to get toyota to fix it. There is a chance they will eventually work with you. If all else fails and they won't fix it, you would be able to sell it to someone for parts. Better than selling it to a salvage yard. 100k miles on the rest of the truck isnt bad.

Either way it sucks your frame rotted and your stuck dealing with it.

14. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:57 PM
    MQQSE

MQQSE Bannable Galloot

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob III
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    "Stitch" Still Stock Concept Truck
    Shtuff
    Sorry OP. That truly sucks. :(

15. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    x2

16. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:19 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Unreal.:(

17. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Are u guys able to click on camera logo under my user name and see other pictures ??? Im not sure how to post them all ..

Any suggestions from anyone on how to persue this matter any further ???

18. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:24 PM
    Lord Helmet

Lord Helmet Prepare To Attack

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    '24 GX550 Overtrail+
    Wild idea here. it's up to you but have a frame shop cut parts of the frame that has frame rot off and weld it with either a new C-channel section or box the frame back in. Like I said it's a wild idea and last resort. Worst case is it won't work. Plenty of classic muscle car shops do it for frame rot cars when they restore the car frames. Something to think about.

19. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Here you go OP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Oct 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM
    Breakerboy

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4X4 STD
    Yeah I thought about that... But Im afraid if I make any alterations or work on frame I will never get satisfaction from Toyota if it ever does come up as a recall... At this point yes that does make sense but I'm in a tough spot here... Also like any other cancer weather it be on steel or in the body it spreads fast...

What would you guys do ?? Have it repaired if I can or keep battling big cooperation???

I just don't understand why so many others are getting frames replaced or sprayed under the service campaign SC-EOD which includes my state of Pa yet my truck don't qualify ?? I demanded to know why and they said targeting specific manufacturers of frames .. I said don't u think the manufacturer of my frame has a issue? ? They said they had no other problem with my frame manufacturer.. I call horse shit

Products Discussed in

To Top