1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My 09 Tacoma.. I'm a little mad

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Hardcorehehaw, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Feb 19, 2009 at 5:53 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Hardcorehehaw [OP] 1 man wolf pack

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray PreRunner
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    Should I get something for free from the dealership for this...
    (maybe my windows tinted or a free trailer hitch or something)

I ordered an 09 Tacoma about a week ago and they told me that it would be trailered down and arrive on the 17th. Well somewhere along the lines someone made a mistake, now the truck is arriving two days late (today) and probably can't be picked up until tomorrow. But the worst part is that they have to go up to Jacksonville, which is about 150 miles away and actually drive the truck down.

So basically the truck is 2-3 days late with an extra 150 miles on it, would you guys be a little annoyed too?

Not to mention that the salesman lied to me when he told me that if I purchased this truck from another dealer, that I couldn't even do so much as an oil change somewhere else without voiding my warranty, which is a complete lie.

2. Feb 19, 2009 at 5:57 AM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    I don't think it necessarily warrants anything free... but you could always try... I'm assuming you already signed papers, etc. so the dealer has you by the proverbial short and curlys...

Make sure they extend your warranty to 36k + how many miles are already on the truck when you pick it up.

3. Feb 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Oh boy, not good way to start out that stinks!
    Get your deposit back, if you gave one, send out email to all the toyota internet sales folks work your best deal somewhere else. You have to wait anyway, take your power back!
    You can get warranty work at any dealer! I've done it no problem & no issue. Best of luck getting your new 09.

4. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:08 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    I don't mind the 2 day delay.Sometimes thing happen but I don't like the 150 mile drive thing.
    There's a good chance a kid or older person will not be too gentle with a new vehicle on that 150 mile drive.
    They'll throw something to you if you complain and I would but don't expect much.

5. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:17 AM
    Bernie

Bernie Member

Member:
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    taco access cab TRD sport
    none
    I had to sign a form that would allow them 350 max on the mileage. My new 09 TRD sport V6 was a another dealer and it was the only one around the east coast. Well as it turned out they were able to get it from Phila. which is only 52 miles away. The total miles on the truck when I got it was 57 miles. When you agree to have your truck shipped in (driven by them) to your dealer you must sign a form limiting the milage they can put on at 350 miles. I was told it wouldn't be anything near that but just in case. Anything over that would be considered a salesmen special, not quite a used vehicle. Tacoma is worth the bullshit. They just Don't give you extras, I even asked for a baseball cap "I'll see what I can do", never happened.

6. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:20 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    Debadged, 20" Liquid Metal Magmas, Yokohama Parada Spec x 285/50/20, Llumar clear bra, Fold-A-Cover G4, Weathertech liners, Wet Okole seat covers, JBS technologies keyless entry keypad.
    Delmarva,
    All I signed was a conditional sales contract which states that I do not own the vehicle until the financing has been applied and I have taken delivery of the vehicle.
    I haven't done either one of those.

Also in some other paperwork I signed the odometer reading was 13... not 163.

7. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:22 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    f that. i would not take it. i dont even let my wife drive my truck let alone some fuck nut that is probably going to hot rod in it on the way back. like the one user said. take your power back.

8. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    You have an out if you want to take it.
    Tell them BEFORE the truck is on the way to you.

9. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:30 AM
    Bernie

Bernie Member

Member:
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    taco access cab TRD sport
    none
    I haven't bought a vehicle that I didn't feel as if I was taken. With that said this time wasn't any different than last dozen. I wish you luck and I know you will enjoy your Tocoma and in time you will forget them 150 miles.

10. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:32 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Well there you have it, start blastin other dealers with specs for your truck its a buyers market, its a free to do so and your money & happiness in the end.....plus the sales staff is already setting the tone, turn it around, times a wastin'

11. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:33 AM
    bass mechanic

bass mechanic Well-Known Member

Member:
    colorado springs, colorado
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma Access cab TRD offroad in black
    none
    personally i wouldnt make a stink about it i got mine with 360 miles on it because it had to be driven from another dealer who cares? in a week you will have put well more than that on it. i talked them into a pretty good deal already so i didnt care

12. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:34 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    stinks dude, I know what you mean though. My truck was also at another dealer, The original one I test drove was white, I wanted black so they found one at a dealer about 60 miles away. They wanted to charge me $300 bucks to go get it, No Way! I was able to go pick it up and bring it back to my dealer to finish the deal. Had 7 miles on it when I picked up at the other dealer.

13. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:36 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    When I was buying my 92 4 runner the dealer found one that had the options I wanted and was going to have it shipped in, the next day salesman called and said that one wasn't available and would keep looking, 3 or 4 days later he called and said he found one in Oregon (I live in Wa) and could have a guy they use transporting cars drive it up, I said No Thanks don't want a new truck with a couple hundred miles on it.
    3 days later they call and my truck is in so I go to the dealers and they want me to sign the papers but I wanted to see the truck first, I open the door and it had 370 miles on the odometer so I told them No Thanks.

Lots of bickering going back and forth for about a half hour with them accusing me of backing out on the deal and me accusing them of driving a truck that I told them not too.
    They kept saying their driver was a professional and I kept saying yeah and I bet he jumped on the freeway and engaged the cruise control which is exactly opposite of how to break in a new truck.

I ended up with the truck for $500 less along with the extended warranty :D

14. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    tdm156

tdm156 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 DC 4x4 SR5**Sold
    I can understand how that can make you feel but I agree once you take delivery and start to enjoy your taco that 150 miles wont make any difference. I ordered mine and it had just a few miles on it when we took delivery and I got free oil changes for life and also the tacoma rubber floor mats but that is something my Toyota guy does for all of his customers. I would say work it and see what you can get but I would drive away with the Taco regardless as you cant go wrong with these trucks.

15. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:42 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    I'm not exactly willing to walk away from the truck, it's difficult to get them in magnetic gray down here, it took me over a month.

But... they don't need to know that, if I call up and act like I'm willing to walk away, what can it hurt? However, judging by the mixed replies on how people would feel in my situation, I don't think I'll get anything.

Right now I'm a little more upset with the fact that I was lied to by the salesman, who was the Owner's son.

If i threaten to raise hell on the internet, blast a bad rep for the dealership and tell everyone I know to never go there... on top of the fact that they're adding miles to my truck, I think that's at least worth getting the windows tinted, lol.

16. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:46 AM
    Joe B

Joe B Well-Known Member

Member:
    They're not going to care about an internet rant.Tr and get something out of them.
    The mileage,the lies,I would tell them to shove the truck up their ass but that's me.:)Then again,I have 10+ dealers in a 50 mile radius.
    Do what You want to do.

17. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:48 AM
    Dark Knight

Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    NC/SC
    Vehicle:
    4Runner Trail, 88 pickup, Tundra Platinum
    A few bolts are different.
    Doesnt matter that it was the owners son, Salesmen always bend the truth to breaking point. I think you may be able to get some extra warranty but I wouldnt got in there ranting like a lunatic. Most often times those who are calm and collective are the ones who get what they desire.

18. Feb 19, 2009 at 6:59 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    When I bought my "new" truck it had 311 miles on it. It was already at the dealership when I was looking for one. I found out thru looking at all my paper work that it was from a dealership in South Carolina and I live in West Virginia. I never asked why the truck had that many miles on it, I just thought it was from other people test driving it. My truck is fine with no problems. Maybe someone ordered my truck and they drove it up from there and the new buyer was pissed from the mileage and said no deal??? I don't know??

19. Feb 19, 2009 at 7:01 AM
    Hardcorehehaw

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Vehicle:
    I'm on my way there now to shoot up the place.... lol j/k

But what I am gonna do is call another dealership right now and tell them everything that happened and ask them...

...Actually you know what? That won't work because all dealership are liars. I can't call up there right now and get a straight answer about a price on the same truck, it's too much bullshit.

So I'm just gonna raise a little stink about this one and hopefully get my windows tinted. If not then I'll be driving home in my new taco with the sun in my eyes:rolleyes:

20. Feb 19, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    Munkey

Munkey Well-Known Member

Member:
    Paducah, KY
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red 4X4 Double Cab Sport
    OEM Tube Steps, Bed Extender, Pioneer Avic D3 with Bluetooth and XM Radio modules
    If you're so worried about someone else driving the truck those other 150 miles, then tell the dealer that YOU'LL go to the other dealer and pick it up or the deal is off.

I don't see what the big deal is about an extra 150 miles, but if it's a big deal to you, then work something out with the dealer instead of getting all mad about it.

Products Discussed in

To Top